It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of young entitled people discussing with Judge Judy why they get free rent

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Wow, wasn't expecting that ending.

She should of ripped on that guy more. That was funny.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Not only that, the defendant was getting $20,000+ for his tuition a year so he can study music. Government money being wasted on this loser so he can get a music degree and pursue a career in what? Plus grants, a rent allowance, ect.. No wonder why this country is broke.

I am all for government aide for college tuition, but they should be paying for degrees our society needs. I love music but this guy has been given over $70,000 in government aide so he can study music.

I have a background in avionics from the Navy and I can't get a penny of free money from the government to pursue an Electronics Engineering degree and I already have over 100 college credits. Maybe I should re-apply for aide after I switch my major to Music studies.

This is exactly what is wrong with my generation and our government does enable this kind of waste.

I think he was given $70,000 to put him in debt. It doesnt matter what you study. The government is here to put you in debt so you work your way out of it. The government is simply an arm of the banking-money-economic system.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Great replies...

True, a college degree is no longer a guaranteed job.

I was Navy trained in electronics and did that for 7 years active duty and then for civilian companies in the Detroit area for about 15 years. While I was working I went to engineering school at night and earned a BSEE. Then I worked as a test engineer for about 5 years.

It always seemed that my technician skills were more marketable and in demand than my engineering skills.

And, now being old and having responsibilities it is a problem to take a entry level engineer job rather than a mid career or advanced level technician job.

One of my professors, Mr Moriconi used to say "you all think it is a gravy train, IT IS A MULE TRAIN" Ha...

He was right, of course.

I am still working on my PE license for engineering. Maybe with that I can get in the club (never learn)...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I work for a housing authority, where we offer Housing Choice Vouchers (formally Section 8) and Public housing. A co-worker of mine, is also a tenant in out public housing division. She has been in PH since she was 3 Years old. As soon as she was old enough, she got her own house in Ph. She has been on PH for over 16 Years. And has absolutely no intentions of moving out. Now, we obviously work for government agencies (to an extent) and get paid an OK amount (Enough for me to live on my own with my kids at a young age in a house I paid for) while this Single Mom (Who has worked her longer than I have, so she has been around for more raises than I have…) Sits on public housing… doing nothing with her life… I will however say Public housing is the only program she is on. BUT she complains ALL the time, how she makes too much money to get Food stamps… Uh.. Yeah, You do. Get over it and stop buying your god dammed Gucci purses ever week and your kid would have food on the table.

Another Note: None of my tenants have any intentions of ever leaving the programs. (There are very few of them who use the program for what it’s for, Assistance). They all have full intentions of staying in the system until they A. Get caught ripping the system off or B. Die.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
college is a waste of time and money anyway...

there is a new hire where i work, she has a masters degree, and she is working at my job making $12 an hour...a college degree isnt what it used to be anymore, i laugh when i see all these people bragging about the fact they are going to college like if it automatically makes you superior to others

I agree with you entirely. College and Higher Education is a joke..and a VERY Expensive one at that. If someone is going just to get the degree, it's really nothing more these days. The degree looks pertty on a wall, but that's about it. While trucking, I saw more than one Masters graduate parking in the same lot as I was and going to sleep in the back of their truck, the same way I did every night. So much for THAT bright future out of college. lol...

Now, if a person is going to college for the KNOWLEDGE and what that will make possible....where the Degree is just a part of what else is coming from the whole effort, I think it's very different. In that case, I think College is an outstanding idea and a very well placed investment. Knowledge truly is priceless...and there isn't much happening without it.

Mindset makes all the difference to what comes off the stage on Graduation day, IMO.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I see know a few people that get SSI and use it for entertainment, but reaaaally tho, whose business is it what they do with their money? In order to get SSI you have to prove you are somehow mentally unable to work and handle society, and they make you take your pills. Thats how it is here anyway. All im saying is, just because you go to school, work 9-5, own a business, doesn't make you any better than the next person... Im not on SSI, but i did question certain individuals about it, because it seemed like they where getting more than the average minimum wage person would ($8-900 month), but they dont, and until you personal know them, ya shouldnt judge. Thats just my opinion

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
both of them are complete morons. this guy thinks he can use government money on whatever he wants and she brings up a case about him not paying rent when she doesnt even pay the damn rent.

palm to face.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
blah

edit on 2-3-2012 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
"Would you like a tissue sir?"
He continues to wipe his nose with his hand. The problem is that there is no work ethic and no respect for others anymore. Just "I'm gonna get what I can get" and if anyone gets hurt in the process "Oh well". This young man thinks he is so freakin special. You know who is special? The young man his age who works 2 jobs to take care of his responsibilities and EARN respect....this dude is nothing more than a leech who uses his "charm" to get by....like Judge Judy says "Pretty is fleeting....STUPID is forever!"

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This is not simply a ..."video", it is televised entertainment and nothing more.
The chumps involved have waived their right to a fair trial in exchange for being on TV.
Simple as that.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Well thank you for ruining my mood. lol. This is just another fine example of the result of affirmative action and taxation without representation. First of all this worthless tool will be freeloading off of society for the rest of his meaningless life. I agree with helping people but not enabling people. We as tax payers give a third of what we produce to a government that squanders our contributions on all fronts. Be it the limitless defense budget set aside to combat boogey men that we can't even confirm exist, schools that serve to indoctrinate our children instead of teach them critical thinking and to look at history objectively, or entitlement programs that are almost impossible for a struggling white american family to qualify for but blacks and hispanics are encouraged to stay on and abuse like the fellow in this video. These days as a white middle class american born citizen I am beginning to feel more and more like I am the victim of racial profiling. Why does a black or hispanic guy get a job that a white person is more qualified for simply because the employer needs to call itself an "equal opportunity employer"? Is it really equal if you deny candidates because they are white? Don't get me wrong I am in no way racist and in fact have black family members. Blood relatives. Whom I love dearly. This is not an attack on minorities it is an attack on a system which cherry picks who it helps and who it hinders, all the while the people who contribute and support said system are the least likely to qualify should they ever need to utilize it. It really does disgust me that this guy can go on television announcing that he is robbing the system and no criminal charges are brought about. You just get a very mild light hearted brow beating by an elitist rich snob like Judy who then rules in your favor.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by truetoform

Yup, she did let him off the hook.

I worry about how we train people now. How we prepare our young people.

Not looking good...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
i used to work corporate collections for the nations biggest pay day loan company. you will not believe how many 18 year olds are drawing SSI/DISABILITY/UNEMPLOYMENT. It is a shame, and thanks to uncle sam we have to recognize those as forms of income and legal have to give them an advance on it.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
My understanding is SSI/DISABILITY are non-garnishable wages with the exception being child-support payments or back taxes. So you have to loan them money but have to way of recovering the money when the dirt bag decides not to pay.
edit on 2-3-2012 by jrod because: no quote needed

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

Thanks for that spacegoat crank calls aplenty

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by truetoform
reply to post by kawika

Well thank you for ruining my mood. lol. This is just another fine example of the result of affirmative action and taxation without representation. First of all this worthless tool will be freeloading off of society for the rest of his meaningless life. I agree with helping people but not enabling people. We as tax payers give a third of what we produce to a government that squanders our contributions on all fronts. Be it the limitless defense budget set aside to combat boogey men that we can't even confirm exist, schools that serve to indoctrinate our children instead of teach them critical thinking and to look at history objectively, or entitlement programs that are almost impossible for a struggling white american family to qualify for but blacks and hispanics are encouraged to stay on and abuse like the fellow in this video. These days as a white middle class american born citizen I am beginning to feel more and more like I am the victim of racial profiling. Why does a black or hispanic guy get a job that a white person is more qualified for simply because the employer needs to call itself an "equal opportunity employer"? Is it really equal if you deny candidates because they are white? Don't get me wrong I am in no way racist and in fact have black family members. Blood relatives. Whom I love dearly. This is not an attack on minorities it is an attack on a system which cherry picks who it helps and who it hinders, all the while the people who contribute and support said system are the least likely to qualify should they ever need to utilize it. It really does disgust me that this guy can go on television announcing that he is robbing the system and no criminal charges are brought about. You just get a very mild light hearted brow beating by an elitist rich snob like Judy who then rules in your favor.

Wtf are you talking about anyway... You know damn well tons of where people sponge off the system while they so flood up Megan's law... And name a place where they will hire blacks over white, unless it is a token worker.. A whiles back i didn't get the job because of some white guy, but he had better skills, you don't hear me boohooing about it.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Color got nuth'n to do with it.

Places I have worked, over the past 30 years the people there were all different colors and from all over the world.

Businesses hire based on who will produce the most for them because they are in business to make money.

Gov is a little different, but still I would say there they have an even greater assortment.

The problem, is the HR people. They seem a little clueless. And the internet auto filter gizmo.

Sometimes they can not tell a good candidate from a poor candidate. Best way in is to find a way to get with the Boss who will be doing the hiring and be your Boss after the hire. Then work like crazy, show up early and leave late. Make yourself indispensable. Go out of your way to make the Boss look good. Don't be petty. Don't job hop, stay at least 4 years.

Well, at least that is what has worked for me. I do miss the 80's though...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join