It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How a billionaire fills gas tank for $1 a gallon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Albuquerque NM has converted most of their city buses to Natural Gas 2 - 3 years ago. ( Not LPG) every time I drive by one one I think there is major natural gas leak someplace. It's the bus I keep forgetting they run on natural gas now, There much louder than a diesel and it sounds like a jet taking off from the red light. Then you see this big banner on the back " Powered by Natural Gas" they should add " And Sounds like a 757" I seen one guy pull some ear plugs out when he got off the bus, I kid you not, the buses are loud. The engine is all Natural Gas, no diesel or other gas engine. I guess that's why it smells like a natural gas leak from it's exhaust. The smell does drift far into neighborhoods. I thought my house had a gas leak one time. so I called the fire department, turns out I was not the only one. The fire department received lots of calls and blocked off the roads, then called in a few hazmat-trucks. turns out it was a bus ! The bus company modified there exhausts in all the buses because after to many calls to the fire department. To many tax dollars being wasted on diesel fuel for fire trucks. ('
')

Whatever happened to Hydrogen ? I thought by now hydrogen stations would be in the USA. Hydrogen was starting to get some fame here in the USA then Obama won the election. Ever since then it's been solar panels and electric. The only good thing I can see about an electric car is during an emergency I could use the converter for emergency power to the home. It''s been done ,not a big deal. then again I can buy a generator for under $1000 vs a new electric hybrid. I not a big fan of them anyway my electric bill is high, gas is still much cheaper than electric for me anyway.

edit on 4-3-2012 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by brice

LPG or liquid propane gas does have some inherent problems being heavier than Air. LPG tends to pool in gaseous puddles or lakes along floors and along the ground.
Petrol is also heavier than air and IF the tank has a leak it will tend to form "puddles or lakes along floors and along the ground". Put a spark near that puddle and the exact same thing will happen. Not to mention, CNG is actually lighter than air and floats away.
edit on 1-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

Petrol does pool up, but it is visible and then it evaporates away. Unlike LPG, it stays in invisible pools in low spots and valleys just waiting for a source of ignition!

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join