It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broomageddon has begun...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I don't know about you but people have been able to stand brooms upright today. Some are saying it has to do with gravitational pulls, etc. so are saying it's just a balancing act. I know this much, I've never done it before, and I've tried. I have included below a video clip I made of our broom. In the background you can hear my mother reading one of the theories behind this. Some people have said that this only happens once every 60 years and that it ends at midnight. Have you tried it? Did it work? What do you think?

Sorry for the poor quaility, I used my digital camera not a video camera.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
tried it and couldnt make it work...its less than a half hour till midnight so i would still have time

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
i like turtles.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
S&F for going to the effort to make a vid to post to ATS. Nice added touch having your Mom read the explanation in the back ground...

My brooms have the angled bristles so won't work for me.

Des

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CrashUnderride

Jeez man. Isn't there anything more important than this going on in the world you could spend your time on? Have to admit my reaction to this was like:
, then I was like
, and then finally

BTW, ever consider that maybe its possible to balance a broom without a wacky planetary alignment/ paranormal activity hypothesis?
edit on 29-2-2012 by time91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I've never heard of brooms, but for one day every year, you're supposed to be able to easily balance an egg.
Egg day. I remember seeing people standing eggs up all around the room.

Same deal, gravitational thing.
Or psychological. If you think it's easy, it is.
edit on 29-2-2012 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by time91

Jeez man. Isn't there anything more important than this going on in the world you could spend your time on? Have to admit my reaction to this was like:
, then I was like
, and then finally

You couldn't do it...could you.....

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Could it just be that it would work any day, but people heard about it today and tried it? My brother balanced one and is leaving it up. If it falls down at midnight I will come back here and eat my hat.
edit on 29-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I didn't try

Because quite frankly it doesn't matter.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Maybe the witches are out tonight and Halloween is just a conspiracy.
Pretty cool.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Editing my post.

It is nothing. It is just a balancing act.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

If you say so. All I know is I've never seen it before in my life.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Have you regularly put over ten seconds of effort into balancing a broom before?

Read

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yeah back when I was in high school and bored out of my skull. The broom has not been standing for about 90+ minutes and hasn't wobbled once. lol

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Ummmmm......

.......able to stand brooms upright today.

Why not listen to the woman in the video, again. Ignore the date (today) when this video was uploaded to YouTube....listen to what she says:

"Just in time for Halloween...."

And, it sure sounds like she's reading from a script.

Here is a discussion about the trick from Yahoo Answers, back in 2009!

edit on Wed 29 February 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

I'm not sure where my mother was reading from, I too thought "Halloween? What the hell?" But the fact of the matter is this, I recorded this video about 15 after 11 tonight and uploaded it about 10 minutes later.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Look at the link I posted. It is the bristles that allow it. They form a base of several contact points.
Ever set a salt shaker in it's corner in a pile of salt and then blown all the excess salt away until it is sitting on a few grains?

It may stand all day and all night, but there is no phenomena in play other than natural balance. You can do the same thing any time.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Oh, well.....if it is your video, and you freely admit it, then I can only surmise that you intended the entire thing (the YT video, and this thread) as a joke.

If so, the Mods will move this to the appropriate forum, in due course.......

(BTW...there is no "planetary alignment".....and even if there were, in terms of gravitational influences, a mountain nearest your home will have more of an "influence" on you than any of the planets. The Moon exerts the greates gravitational forces, with the Sun being second.

All planets are a far, far distant gnat's-ass of a nothing by comparison. Gravity diminishes by the inverse-square law of distance....)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Why would I mean this as a joke? I've been trying to get this to happen for over 20 years when I'm bored and have never once been able too. And people are posting pictures on Facebook of them doing it. One woman had her broom and mop standing up side-by-side. And this is the old school, as I call them, dreadlocks lookin' mops. The ones I've never ONCE been able to get to stand up.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I prefer swiffers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join