It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nature’s 'icy finger of death' caught on tape for first time - Frozen Planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This could be one of the most fascinating videos I have ever seen. I love these Discovery Channel series on our planets beauty.

This one is called Frozen Planet

Frozen Planet

And this video is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. The time lapse is amazing, and seeing all the starfish move while the brinicle is forming is mesmerizing to me.

Story on brinicle

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This has been posted before I am fairly sure of it.

However it is a rather beautiful thing, Imagine being there and filming that. Nature is such a beautiful thing. I'm thankful every day for this beautiful planet we call home.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RedBeardRay

I think that video with a different narration has been posted before, but this one was made for the Discovery channel series that is coming up from what I have read, so the narration on the video in my post is new as is the series that starts March 18.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Fair enough... Thats what I get for no sound on my laptop, either way. It's still a beautiful video, and worth the watch again.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yes, it has been posted before but like I always say - For those members who haven't seen it or didn't even know such a thing existed - how would they do a search on something they didn't know existed - This is the paradox of the search engine which in reality would decline members the opportunity to see something they may have missed first time round and aren't aware of the existence of such a phenomena.

Thanks for sharing OP - flag for you - very interesting!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RedBeardRay

Ha! It is a very nice video. I am looking forward to the series starting.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Here is the other thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Posted already, but I can't find it.

Still very awesome!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gecrazy

There it is. I knew I saw this on ATS.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Very cool indeed

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Thread closed i guess

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gecrazy

Can't imagine why. That was only about that video. This one is on a different story and video series than the other thread. Either way....still a cool video and dying to see the series coming up.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Very cool, and thank you as I was unaware of the older thread. Can not wait to see the series. Watching that reminded me of the movie The Day After Tomarrow. Kind of a slow motion underwater version. It is amazing whath some of the Discovery reporters go through to get those shots.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing. I had never even known anything like that existed. Amazing to watch happen. Can't wait to see the new series.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
"The uploader has not made this video available to view in your country. "

wtf ? it's not like I live in syria or iraq. I'm in new zealand for christs sake.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gecrazy

Thread closed i guess

I repeat:

Yes, it has been posted before but like I always say - For those members who haven't seen it or didn't even know such a thing existed - how would they do a search on something they didn't know existed - This is the paradox of the search engine which in reality would decline members the opportunity to see something they may have missed first time round and aren't aware of the existence of such a phenomena.

Thanks for sharing OP - flag for you - very interesting!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Much appreciated and better explained than I could myself!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by David134

I'm pretty sure this footage was filmed by the BBC, they literally go to the ends of the Earth to get footage like this. I agree, it is amazing the lengths they go to.

top topics

join