It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The original Native Americans: stone age Europeans discovered the New World.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Europeans may have been the first people to settle in America, possibly more than ten thousand years before anyone else set foot there.

Link.

The original Native Americans were thought to have crossed over from Siberia during the ice age.

A series of European-style tools dating from twenty-six-thousand to nineteen-thousand years ago have been discovered in six separate locations along the east coast of the United States.

But the first of these Asian tribes started moving there about 15,500 years ago – and there is no evidence of human activity in Siberia or Alaska from before that time.

Well. If this turns out to be true, does this mean anything besides the new native americans killed to have their land, and in turn were killed for their land? Does this mean that if you have European blood in you, you can now sue the new native americans for land on the reservations?

What say you?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

So this is basically the Solutrean hypothesis? This hypothesis also states that Haplogroup X was found among some Native American populations, due to a wave of incoming Europeans. However there was a team of genetic scientists who refuted this postulation of the Solutrean hypothesis, saying the introduction of the Haplogroup X was indigenous and it should not be attributed to multiple migrations.

Read more here if you want: (the link isn't working, just Google: "Mitochondrial Population Genomics Supports a Single Pre-Clovis Origin with a Coastal Route for the Peopling of the Americas")

In a 2011 article in the American Journal of Physical Anthropology Italian researchers reported that "Our findings have also a second important implication. Taking into account that C4c is deeply rooted in the Asian portion of the mtDNA phylogeny and is indubitably of Asian origin, a scenario in which C4c and X2a are characterized by parallel genetic histories definitively dismisses the controversial Solutrean hypothesis of an Atlantic glacial entry route into North America for X2a (Stanford and Bradley, 2004; Straus et al., 2005)."

edit on 2/28/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/28/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I'm Metis, and the Ojibway historians always said they came form the east around that time..

In Alaska at the time mentioned in the OP
there were mile high glaciers...not much evidence survives that type of stain remover.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
who really cares? what bit of difference does it make?
the truth is simple and plain the natives are the 1st race/nation here in north and south America EVERYONE else is a tourist that never left. Europeans stole there land there food there women and now wish to steal there history as-well. I see no evidence that a European presence existed in north America except for the vikings in Newfoundland. so check your ego's and stop this madness. MODS shut this thread down before the race baiting begins, because that's where this is heading.................

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
it's possible northern European incursions went further than Canada. The Heavener Runestone for example:

www.exploresouthernhistory.com...

I understand this is controversial, it still draws people and has resulted in a State Park.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Already posted, did you bother checking?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

No. I don't know how to use the search function. Alert the mods, don't play one on tv. When you search the title, it doesn't always come up...you should know that.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Concerning the Heavener Runestone and the surrounding area: Has anyone researched the old mine in the town of Heavener, OK and the rumors of underground ancient block walls and other artifacts at the lower levels of the mine.

One link that I found is only about the runestone: heavener-runestone.com...

Another link is: en.wikipedia.org...:Heavener-runestenen.jpg

edit on 1-4-2012 by MONGOMIKE56 because: Added info

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I found more information concerning the Walls found in the Mine in Heavener OK.

www.badarchaeology.com...

These stories could not be verified because after the walls were found the mine was closed and then mysteriously flooded.

new topics

top topics

join