It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds report shaking and booms, North Carolina

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Well guys we made the USGS, but not as an Earthquake!

Main USGS link to "sonic boom?" (USGS quotes, not mine!)

Interesting.

Another really interesting thing just happened about little over an hour ago involving Accuweather's sat image. I was checking the weather just before bed and this radar image popped up out of nowhere and then disappeared just as fast?!

This is 1:15 am EST Note the two nasty purple top thunderstorm cells to the east of Raliegh/Durham - Purple tops usually mean hail, sometime tornadoes, so I double checked with the two local weather stations - there was absolutely no sign of this storm any where on their radars.

WTF? So I checked Weather Underground--nada; The Weather Channel -- nada. I'm just wondering if Accuweather's radars picked up a piezoelectric anomaly? Is that even possible?? Has anyone else noticed abnormal radars with Accuweather?
It's just weird that this "storm" was only on one radar & over the NC coastal area on the heels of the booms this morning. Just too weird.

It continues to the 1:30 sweep, then at the 1:45 am sweep - gone, just like that.

It took me a while to learn how to upload pics - my first time
, but there is still nothing on the local radars and Accuweather's is now clear.

This is just too weird.

If anyone is reading this from that area- was there a storm early this am?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SCGrits

Here is something you may find of interest. This is the supposed HAARP activity monitoring site.

www.haarpstatus.com...

These are the current readings.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Oh Man, sometimes it just doesn't pay to stay up late!! Two stars?? Cali and New Madrid? Have you ever seen two stars before?

BTW, just cause I'm a obsessive compulsive fact checker, I actually found a Raleigh, NC station - Channel 5 WRAL with an 8 hr weather radar loop that includes the coastal area - it goes from 7:30 pm to 3:30 am - no storm in sight anywhere.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Well it looks like NC fracking is still a debated issue and nothing has been set in stone yet. I don't know. I honestly haven't felt anything. Only when we had that storm did I feel the earth shake.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
MYSTERIOUS BOOMS in North Carolina in 2006, just as you described OP. There are many reports just like yours at this site.

This site think it's SCALAR WEAPON SYSTEMS.

Mysterious Booms

an anyone explain what was behind similar episodes in Maine two months ago, or Alabama three months ago, or North Carolina four months ago. In each of those cases – as well as in other incidents around the nation over the years – residents reported hearing windows rattle and feeling floors shake even though no earthquake was detected. There's almost certainly a simple, unromantic, “Aha!”-type explanation for each of these odd occurrences, something that everyone has overlooked for whatever combination of reasons. But who knows?

This report is from 2010 at 11 AM . Strange about the time 11AM !
WECT TV6 News
November 17, 2010

Map of Fault Line

Brunswick County, NC - Residents are reporting strange, loud noises that shake their homes once again. Several people in the Supply and Holden Beach area said they heard two loud "booms" around 11:00 Wednesday morning. Chrissie Stevens said the racket woke her up and vibration from the booms knocked items off of her furniture and TV. Some call the noises "Seneca guns," but no one seems to have a solid explanation for why they happen. Reasoning for the booms range from military practice to earthquakes below the ocean surface. The noises have been startling residents along the Carolina coast for years.

Maybe a coming Ice age or still ending on the last one.

The Way We Lived in North Carolina

From the book.

Perhaps the best way to begin the study of North Carolina Indian history is by listening to the Indians themselves. North American Indians had no written languages. They could not store their history in dusty volumes on the shelves of ancient libraries. Instead, they recorded their history orally, in the stories and legends they passed from generation to generation. It is this tradition that kept the Indian past alive.

After walking some distance, the people realized they were walking on ice. For days they walked on ice. One group got tired and decided not to go on. The other group decided to keep walking—to "where the sun rises"—until they found food. They walked during the day and at night they rested.

Under water volcano or North Carolina coast being pulled apart again.
maybe this will shed some light.

The natural history of North Carolin

near bottom of page.

The land under North Carolina was pulled apart, and inland seas emerged. Island volcanoes developed, first along the North Carolina-Virginia border, then in an arc from Virginia to Georgia. Rocks formed by those volcanoes extend today over a wide area of the Piedmont and Coastal Plain. Fossilized tracks of primitive worms have been found in those volcanic rocks, formed about 620 million years ago.

This is all I have nothing solid. If natural I would check out NC Indian legends. This would take some research though. best bet is that fault line.

edit on 29-2-2012 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I lived along the brunswick beaches for 10 years and I used to hear these booms. I can assure you it's not an earthquake. I live in VA now and felt the 5.8 quake strongly that hit here months ago. I was outside and there's no "boom" sound with a quake of course. The NC booms I used to hear while outside were a deep distant sound that I think originate in the air and not ground.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

Gee thanks for posting that. You really made my nightmare. An under water volcano that will rip NC apart. Gee, no chance for escaping there. So every time I feel that boom and shake rather then thinking it's the military, I'm going to be saying, "OH CHT" this is it.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
OP, we live in the same area, I'm about five minutes over the Memorial Bridge. I work weird night hours most often and the boom-rattle shook my house well enough to wake me from a sound sleep. Yes, house. Stick-built in the 50's, very sturdy. I've only had my whole home shake once, when i was in school, renting a doublewide because it was all I could afford at the time. My dogs did not go haywire, nor did my cat, so I don't think it was earthquake - if it was, I have the most unobservant critters EVER! (snicker)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by journey2010

Something similar happened in the Knoxville, Tennessee area last fall.
Neighborhood terrified by mysterious shaking

Adrienne Hooker doesn't feel safe at home. Her Blount County neighborhood has a problem - it shakes.

For 2 days, the house rocks every few hours. It can sound like an explosion.

She describes it like this: "Tiny earthquakes, makes the whole house shake it makes everyone wake up if they're sleeping."

They've called the U.S. Geological Survey, but no earthquakes have been reported.

I saw the news segment on this station. The shaking occurred while the reporter was there filming. He compared it to the vibration you feel if you put your hand on the hood of a car while the engine is running. The lady in the article was so unsure of what was going on she stayed a few days in a hotel until things calmed down.

Ground-shaking booms puzzle Louisville neighborhood

The Lashbrooke subdivision in Louisville enjoyed a quiet and sun-bathed afternoon on Thursday. The peaceful surroundings of the affluent neighborhood along the Tennessee River lend no hint that its residents suffer from shell-shock.

"It's scary-loud. It's loud enough that it makes your heart stop for a second," said Andy Wombold. "It sounds like a shotgun or an explosion of some kind."

Wombold and dozens of other residents in the neighborhood are unable to say exactly what "it" is. All they know is the mysterious booms have provided several rude awakenings that sent residents scrambling in fear.

"Last Monday, about a week and a half ago, it was around 3 a.m. and it was, 'Pow!' All the sudden we heard a loud explosion. It sounded like it came from inside our house. It shook the walls. It shook the floor. It shook the ceiling," said Wombold.

So far I have not found any follow ups to the story or explanations.

OiO

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Perhaps the NWO is drilling their underground bunkers? :p

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I am glad to see this thread getting some attention!

I truly don't believe what happened yesterday can be attributed to the "Seneca Guns". First, no one know what the Seneca Guns are; secondly, all of the reports of them are localized to a small area. This link, which was posted in the OP, shows reports of this shaking and booming along a very large section of the North Carolina coast. We also have numerous reports of people as far away as FL who experienced this.

There are plenty of crazy things going on in today's world. We will never have answers to all of them. I just hope that we can continue to discuss this topic and try to find some rational explanations.

---

Disclaimer: I really don't know anything about sonic booms. But, would a sonic boom cause the shaking first, then a boom? And would this happen back to back? I supposed two planes could reach super sonic speeds at the same time... But would this create a rattling and boom up and down the coast?

And, if we do want to contribute this to a "major" Seneca Gun event, that still leaves the question of WHAT ARE THE SENECA GUNS?
edit on 29-2-2012 by journey2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I believe it is underground drilling and blasting for secret underground military bases.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I understand that USGS did not report this event, (or any other of the smaller events throughout our history) as an earthquake... Please forgive my naivety, but could this be part of the reason?

No one has really adequately explained this situation yet. Last year, our own Colin Hackman investigated it and the best explanation he could get…it's either military or seismic activity. But the military won't confirm anything, and this area doesn't have the seismometers to gauge that type of thing. That equipment would cost about $20,000 and no one has put up the money for it yet.

Without proper equipment, how can we really be sure?

source

So basically, TPTB say that this could be an earthquake 'too shallow to be recorded'. Could this be true because it is a ~2 earthquake right in the Wilmington area, but without seismometers, we don't know? And the outlying areas that feel it as well, (which may or may not have seismometers, I don't know), could just be feeling a small effect of it - therefore nothing big enough to be recorded?
edit on 29-2-2012 by journey2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I have lived in Delaware for about 11 to 12 years now and I have never heard or felt any "boom" sounds here before. I am about an hour away from the Dover air force base also. Other then that quake I believe that came from the Virginia area a few moths ago, never felt any shaking or boom type sounds here. Heck I did not even feel the Virginia quake either ..... I am also very close to the water.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAsparagus

Smaller booms and shaking are common here, and have their own folklore surrounding them. But yesterday was different... The DJ on the radio claimed items fell off her shelves in her studio. My mom's 27 inch (old school) tv nearly fell off the dresser it was on...

Something definitely happened out of the ordinary yesterday morning.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This is strange, I've lived in NC for round about 8 or 9 years and I've never even heard of this but it seems to be a regular phenomenon though I suppose I've never heard of it because I've always lived in the piedmont or western edge of the coastal plain, right now I live about 2 or 2.5 hours from the atlantic.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This sounds very similar to an event my sister and I experienced as a child.

I was in my mid teens and my family lived about a half hour north of Atlantic city (haha, yes, the Jersey Shore). It was a nice summer day and for some reason we were the only ones home. Well all of a sudden there was this huge crashing sound and the whole house shook, We ran outside expecting to see some huge boulder or something smashed into the side of the house...

but there was nothing.

My only guess was that some jet fighter (there was an interceptor base not to far away) had gone supersonic over the ocean and the sound had rolled in.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SCGrits

Didn't see this in response to your post, so here is a vid by dutchsinse that is showing odd pickups on radar in the area you show on the same time frame. Hope this is informative in some way.

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SCGrits

If you can find it, go look at the radar images before, during, and after the Joplin, MO tornado last year. There is a weird, circular echo pattern that changes the shape of the radar image as the storm approaches Joplin.

It is easy to ignore it as ground interference, and that is what I have always considered it, but we didn't use to have ground interference this much, and it didn't use to change the shapes of the approaching storms. I've noticed at least a dozen storms where this circular echo pattern develops around a city, and the storm actually changes shape in relation to the "interference."

Now, I'm not claiming anything specific, but it is something becoming more and more prevalent on radar images, so there must be a reason.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by SCGrits

If you can find it, go look at the radar images before, during, and after the Joplin, MO tornado last year. There is a weird, circular echo pattern that changes the shape of the radar image as the storm approaches Joplin.

It is easy to ignore it as ground interference, and that is what I have always considered it, but we didn't use to have ground interference this much, and it didn't use to change the shapes of the approaching storms. I've noticed at least a dozen storms where this circular echo pattern develops around a city, and the storm actually changes shape in relation to the "interference."

Now, I'm not claiming anything specific, but it is something becoming more and more prevalent on radar images, so there must be a reason.

In case video doesn't embed LINK

Obviously its a very long video, watch the beginning, but then fast forward towards the end (past few years) and you will see these wierd "radar anomolies" pop up out of nowhere. In the beginning of the video everything moves smoothly, towards the end everything is erratic. Interestingly there was a tornado outbreak today, are we putting 2 and 2 together here Get Ready Already? Radar anomalies, HAARP action and loud booms=tornadoes? Its been a wierd few years, eh?
Well, thought you might be interested in the vid. Cheers!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join