It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds report shaking and booms, North Carolina

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

Very interesting info there. I'm on the opposite side of NC from the OP, but we didn't get anything here..I don't think we've ever gotten anything like that here.

Underground methane gas explosions can cause booms and rattles. I wonder if anyone has tested the areas after each of these explosions to determine if there was a methane leak somewhere.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by journey2010

S&F

Thought you might find this kinda interesting - Weird US - Florida booms and rattles

Particularly this text, since you're on the coast -

Residents along Florida’s west coast have on occasion reported hearing “cannon-like detonations on clear mornings when the air is thin.” One boater sailing twenty miles off Cedar Key in 1996 said he heard sounds like “distant cannons” on the Gulf of Mexico. He recounted having heard the sounds just before sunrise and that they were repeated several times in five minute intervals. Strangely, the booms seem to come from no specific direction. The sea was calm with only a slight breeze and no clouds. In this case the experts speculated that the noise came from natural gas eruptions beneath the sea.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

you know I hadn't heard Anything about this, but,seriously about noon a friend of mine said he (along with others),felt the facility we work in shaking. We are on the east coast midway up the US coastline.Were are numerous states north of N.Carolina.
Thnx for the post.
edit on 28-2-2012 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
i think it's likely to be from a new fracking site. fracking has gone NUTS and they are exploding new sites every day while they can. soon it will get shut down but while there's no regulation companies are taking as much advantage of the loopholes as they can. the explosions can rattle a house.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I think this timeline coincides with the latest earthquake recorded in the active area in VA. Was this reported by people north of you also?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

Fracking might be the cause for some of the other states that have experienced this, but considering that strange booms have been heard for years in North Carolina, before fracking was even a thought, and North Carolina has yet to allow fracking, I'm not sure if that's what would've caused the noises and shakes the OP felt.

Strange though... who knows?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by journey2010
reply to post by Irish614

The earthquake in VA was at 12:15am EST. These events in NC were at 10am and 11:45am EST.

Quantum Shift: you have an earth quake happening.....annnnnnnnnnnnnnd......shwifty-shwitch everyone's consciousness is transferred to an alternate reality where the quake doesn't happen.

Just a thought to ponder.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiratio

Originally posted by journey2010
reply to post by Irish614

The earthquake in VA was at 12:15am EST. These events in NC were at 10am and 11:45am EST.

Quantum Shift: you have an earth quake happening.....annnnnnnnnnnnnnd......shwifty-shwitch everyone's consciousness is transferred to an alternate reality where the quake doesn't happen.

Just a thought to ponder.

Good theory.
One question.
Did it happen yet? If so, are we supposed to be able to post at ATS? (I knew this place was special)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
D.U.M.B.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
THE CARRINGTON EVENT HAPPENED IN 1859!

Figured it was an important enough observation to shout as nobody yet has suggested it. If it rattles the doors, then shakes the floor, it wouldn't make sense to me that it came from underground.
edit on 2/28/2012 by Deafseeingeyedog because: Accuracy

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Hmm I have no clue what could have caused this, but if I was to throw a theory out there I would base it on methane release, however Im not sure if a big release of methane could cause rumbling and loud booms over that big of an area...

Could it be that the Madrid fault line is starting to crack, releasing methane and other gases? I dont really know too much about the fault line, is there a big build up of methane within the fault? Whatever it was, im leaning towards something with the Madrid fault, I dont know why but lately ive just been feeling like things are going to escalate around that area.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Sounds like something "cloaked" in the sky

-- a spaceship?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Here's a 4.2 boarder region California

www.iris.edu...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

In the past two days I have been hearing such sounds here on Vancouver Island on the Southern tip. They sound like sonic booms. Last night I also saw bright white flaring lights atop Mount Douglas. The light explosion did not last long but it lit the top part of the mountain.
edit on 28-2-2012 by Egyptia because: explanation

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Maybe they were testing the Aurora Top-Secret Hypersonic Spy Plane down by you...

But the most likely explanation is that the fault lines are starting to rumble a little bit, maybe the next big US quake is right around the corner...I hope not...
edit on 28-2-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
meteorites could be one explanation. I was on the porch here on the East Coast 1230am and had one come in over head. We are talking two blocks away overhead. Flash of light but no boom with this one. Thought it was lightning at first then she came wizzing down in all it's blue glory and the typical fire fragments at the end.
edit on 29-2-2012 by IntelRetard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Newleague

Could it be some kind of sonic boom??
2nd line

I was going to say the same thing..

Could be the hypersonic spy plane that the "US dosen't really have"..lol, the Aurora, or it's brand spanking new 2012 descendant.

Supposedly it operates from that part of the country.and something travelling at M6+ will do that sort of shaking I'm sure..
edit on 2/29/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
This is strange, this morning at around 10:30am CST, give or take 5 minutes, a few cable channels went out as well.

They also went out at around 2:05pm CST, and again give or take 5 minutes.

Normally I'm not suspicious when this happens, but both times my 2 cats woke up, were slinking from the room they were in, stopped in the living room, scared & confused, then got up off the floor by jumping onto furniture/higher ground, then sat down with their tails wrapped around them (they do that for defense). They never get scared, so it got all of us wondering. They heard something both times that none of us did.

I think animals, dogs & cats for sure, can hear/feel/sense the magnetics of the earth changing.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
These are sound waves that come from an unknown point of origin. I would have to use a natural event but it could also be military testing or a plane breaking the sound barrier.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

imo Its constantly happening, one just has to tune into the subtleties. Im not saying that's what happened there tho for some people it may have been. Its all subjective and relative.. the person who types these words here might just be a holographic imprint of myself running on auto pilot in a day or so and the conscious me may be switched to another reality, in fact variables are that it likely could be the case for anyone at any moment...

I woke up this morning after having spent what felt like a day or more in a reality that I have visited maybe 4 times since October last year. Its a very pleasant and familiar feeling that lingers once I've awoken a cant remember the details but every time I've been there I feel the same when I wake from it... the memory of the atmosphere the forest and the tracks through it... all so familar. There are many others I've dreamt/visited which are continuations form other prior visits.

If you are sensitive and get that deja vu feeling from dreams you may also experience what is like a remote view of an alternate reality as it intersects with the same space as this reality I'm going to use the timewave zero idea as analogy. So there are cosmoses which are shrinking and/or expanding themselves through the same space as our own but on a different wavelength/plane... at the point where they sync up exactly with our own cosmoses scale/resolution those who have the higher chakra centres active get a flash of what that cosmos's content is like... you will get these things occurring more frequently as you attune to your higher faculties of mind and consciousness. They will seem like deja-vu and eventually at some point some will begin to reflect almost similar events to the present moment in this reality when they occur... At that point you can shift between to cosms which from that moment hold alternate potentials of future events..

And this potential to switch between any two cosms at any moment is available all the time, because there are infinite variations of forks in the road -- so to speak. Forget about the rapture and dec 21, pay attention to your Deja-vu dreams and highest potential.

Some people experince life as tho its a dream... I feel that this is when they are a stream of thier own individual collective-consiousness of their many higher cosmic self's of alternate realities whom slumber and dream of the self who feels like it is dreaming the entier "waking life reality". This is because the true self has already risen into a cosmos of higher potential and the dreamy-everyday self is merely a conduit to facilitate ascention for others in a progression of lower potential cosms without being bound to their matrices -- hence why they feel as tho they are dreaming.

You may have noticed... I'm not all here myself

edit on 29-2-2012 by Spiratio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join