It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will bad things come true if you accidentally say/think something bad not meaning it?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Well,I am not sure if this is the right forum,it is the closest one I think.

So will bad things come true if you accidentally say(words or thoughts) something bad not meaning(and what if you mean it??) it?What do you think??Because I have this irritating OCD symptom that make me think "if I do this,X will happen".That or when I think of something then I thought of something awful ,then I immediately say in mind that these two things have no correlation but I feel that subconsciously I might have said the thing its just that I did not think of it consciously.Intrusive thoughts.I am scared it might be equivalent to cursing something or using the Law of Attraction to make something happen,hopefully not.

EDIT:I am a chinese and we have a taboo that we curse someone that a bad thing will happen to them,if it does happen we are partly to blame(not sure if other culture has this thing as well),besides what do you guys think about the Law of Attraction??? These two I think are among the main reasons I have this problem.thnks

edit on 28-2-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I think you're mixing self-fulfilling prophecies with superstition. Reality is a very subjective thing, especially on the emotional and personal level. For example, if you are oblivious to "bad things," you will not notice them happening, nor will you think much about them when they do happen. If you are over-cautious about them, on the other hand, chances are you will focus much energy and attention on them and they will move into the forefront of your reality.

The world is a light place, but only if you let it be.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantumSeeker

QuantumSeeker,
Thank you for posting! I do have thoughts some what along the lines of yours but not quite the same..I just want to let you know I do believe in Karma, when you do bad things and build up a bunch of bad karma it will come back to get you. But I also believe that in your mind, that is your own little place to say what you need so its not out loud. I do not believe little thoughts you cant control will come back to hurt you, if so me, and a lot of other people right now who have probably thought some pretty bad things at moments would be dead right now. I think you are in the clear there, you can always try to train you habit into good ticks. Like instead of saying if this happens Ill fall down a flight of stairs..Say If this happens Ill be stronger...something along those lines. If I did just mae any sense at all it is early..
Thanks for posting and asking QuantumSeeker, But I think you will be okay

Keep thinking positive, If I do this..Ill win the lottery. Then this wouldnt be a scary idea would it

Have a great day!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
No it won't happen.

You should definitely challenge these thoughts if they are occurring. I am no expert but if they are at all getting in your way, I recommend seeing professional help (psychiatrist) IMMEDIATELY. If you go to school there should be a mental health department you can get help free.

This can be an EXTREMELY debilitating psychological disorder. So for your own health SEE AN EXPERT!!!!
edit on 28-2-2012 by ThisIsMyName because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Heya, Have you a diagnosis of OCD? or do you relate your behaviour to OCD like?

If it is the first I suggest you refocus that aspect of yourself into a new thought pattern. I'm currently supporting some one to refocus their thoughts that they are constantly dying into something more constructive.

OCD is a biatch but it is possible to manage it, look for support in your local area and most of all when you find it be honest with them.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
In short... No

I keep saying "I wish my ex husband would jump of a tall building" and so far it hasn't happened. I've been saying it for years, haha! Seriously though, maybe people believe that negative thoughts will produce negative out comes, but not to the OCD extent that you do.
I tend to lean more towards the positive end of this spectrum as in, if you focus positive energy on something, it will help produce whatever that positive thought was.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I experience the same thing, these "intrusive thoughts". They just repeat over and over in my head.I have to try really hard to get the thoughts to go away. They're just thoughts, never acted on anyone, but they're not thoughts I think a normal person should be thinking.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
First of all thnx for all your support!!!!!Really thnks,I am considering visiting a psychiatrist lol.

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
I think you're mixing self-fulfilling prophecies with superstition. Reality is a very subjective thing, especially on the emotional and personal level. For example, if you are oblivious to "bad things," you will not notice them happening, nor will you think much about them when they do happen. If you are over-cautious about them, on the other hand, chances are you will focus much energy and attention on them and they will move into the forefront of your reality.

The world is a light place, but only if you let it be.

Mixing self-fulfilling prophecies with superstition...as in?? Speaking of self-fulfilling prophecies,a bulk of my intrusive thoughts have nothing to do with it,(well there might be some but not as prominent)

Originally posted by Katharos62191

QuantumSeeker,
Thank you for posting! I do have thoughts some what along the lines of yours but not quite the same..I just want to let you know I do believe in Karma, when you do bad things and build up a bunch of bad karma it will come back to get you. But I also believe that in your mind, that is your own little place to say what you need so its not out loud. I think you are in the clear there, you can always try to train you habit into good ticks. Like instead of saying if this happens Ill fall down a flight of stairs..Say If this happens Ill be stronger...something along those lines. If I did just mae any sense at all it is early..
Thanks for posting and asking QuantumSeeker, But I think you will be okay

Keep thinking positive, If I do this..Ill win the lottery. Then this wouldnt be a scary idea would it

Have a great day!

Lol,the problem with saying if this happens then I will be stronger is that if I really do become stronger...well ....hhaha.

Originally posted by Jamjar

Heya, Have you a diagnosis of OCD? or do you relate your behaviour to OCD like?

If it is the first I suggest you refocus that aspect of yourself into a new thought pattern. I'm currently supporting some one to refocus their thoughts that they are constantly dying into something more constructive.

OCD is a biatch but it is possible to manage it, look for support in your local area and most of all when you find it be honest with them.

"that they are constantly dying into something more constructive">What do you mean???

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
I experience the same thing, these "intrusive thoughts". They just repeat over and over in my head.I have to try really hard to get the thoughts to go away. They're just thoughts, never acted on anyone, but they're not thoughts I think a normal person should be thinking.

Yeah,I feel that too,I feel that I am affected by OCD/Crazy/Superstition.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
To put it simply, if you sit in a garage screaming 'I'm a car!", you won't become a car.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TokiTheDestroyer
To put it simply, if you sit in a garage screaming 'I'm a car!", you won't become a car.

I don't know ,I just said 'I'm a car!"'I'm a car!" just right now while I am typing this message haha ,I am not scared of it at all,maybe it is the type of thought process that matters or maybe transforming into a car is not scary lol.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
In order to understand these compulsive thoughts, you need to have OCD. Its up to the individual to master it, its hard but sometimes you gotta say, this is silly, i still have trouble mastering some, especially ones that come to me during driving. i usually think to myself while driving "im driving, i will put more than just me in danger if i give into these thoughts".

But to address your question, saying bad things will not cause bad things to happen, however, you thoughts will feel guilty and cause your judgement to go in a wrong direction, which can lead to cause you or someone else.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think there is the possibility of some form of manifestation of negative energy. If you think hard enough on a certain thing, then there's a possibility that something leaks, somehow.

It reminds me of an old interview with an ex soldier. (US) I think, who explained that when creeping up behind someone, he felt that if he looked up at them, they'd turn round, so he stared at their heels until he was close enough.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Being conscious is important, catching the programs running, and there are some good techniques. One is just to cancel them out, if its minor, if something bigger popped in, say cancel and cancel and tell Higher Source, sorry. And ask for help, to reveal, what the problem is, is it being sent in by the dark side that tries hard to do this, or from something in us, some dark square we need to transform, and so we can seek for different ways to deal with both these problems.

As far as pulling in a timeline possibility, we also need to be aware of all the possibilities but not with strong emotions, for our feelings help magnetize the thought. So be aware but peacefully aware.

Movies are made very cleverly to put you along a series of roller coaster emotions and at the peaks or valleys, they put in imagery, symbols, our subconscious deals alot with symbols, so they put symbols and clues that with emotion to manifest bad things.
edit on 28-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Go here: www.youtube.com...

This guy has a good technique for getting rid of a lot of troublesome thoughts and behaviors.
He has a lot ob video on youtube.
Check them out.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

from a subjective opinion, i will say that u r never evil so u surely sense its presence over ur head that u cannot live with, that is why in depth u fear powers false excuses invading ur space, so keep seeking ways to avoid meaning anything to urself to avoid any sentence that could b used by evil superiority

if that is not wrong totally, then i suggest to clarify ur sentences better by acting them, truth is outside and hypothetically it is for that, ur freedom rights

but yes run as u can

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Being conscious is important, catching the programs running, and there are some good techniques. One is just to cancel them out, if its minor, if something bigger popped in, say cancel and cancel and tell Higher Source, sorry. And ask for help, to reveal, what the problem is, is it being sent in by the dark side that tries hard to do this, or from something in us, some dark square we need to transform, and so we can seek for different ways to deal with both these problems.

As far as pulling in a timeline possibility, we also need to be aware of all the possibilities but not with strong emotions, for our feelings help magnetize the thought. So be aware but peacefully aware.

Movies are made very cleverly to put you along a series of roller coaster emotions and at the peaks or valleys, they put in imagery, symbols, our subconscious deals alot with symbols, so they put symbols and clues that with emotion to manifest bad things.
edit on 28-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

I used the "cancel" technique 90% of the time,but it does not feel reassuring enough.What timeline possibility??What does movies have to do with it, I am not too familiar with these things to understand it,please elaborate. thnks for your reply.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The scariest ones I faced has to do with the "effect" having to do with someone else,therefore I am worried to prove myself wrong,fearing the possibility of the negative consequence to befall the other guy.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Well cancel is a break in thought for you, but then it usually means, something is influencing this, or a program in you, so you need to seek inside to discover this.

But just seeing and contemplating doom does not bring it on. We have to be awake and aware.

Its emotions that do it. Like Fear.

But postiive is way strongter than negative, and one match can overcome alot of darkness.

So turn the tables around and find things that bring you joy and raise frequency.

But the movies are carefully constructed by those who understand the Source Field, law of affinity, and the mysteries, to bring you a plot line that does cresend with peaks and valleys with emotions and so are creating manifesting and hijacking people's co-creational abilities.

Emotion is the charge. Or intent.

So clear it in your mind and if needed, as for forgiveness, from Source and Higher Self, even from the collective if you will.

Some studies I keep finding alludings to regard the studies of photons. All our cells and pineal emit photons, and the energy field around us, our auric double, is photons. In RV experiments they've measured this decreasing and they've also measured a surge in photons at the target area when targets are accurately viewed.

Also, healing, even long distance, a surge in photons. The more intent, the stronger the surge.

So the emotion this is true too.

So work at being Love not fear, and cancel or clear, all negative slips. Everyone is subject to this, we're hardwired into half light squares and half dark, and we're trying to transmute the dark squares here in these tests.

High Frequencies!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
What about the situations when I accidentally think a "if x then y" condition that involves someone else and I "dare" it??Is it wrong for me to do that??Because now I am feeling a bit guilty although he is fine.(nothing happened)

Originally posted by Unity_99

Well cancel is a break in thought for you, but then it usually means, something is influencing this, or a program in you, so you need to seek inside to discover this.

But just seeing and contemplating doom does not bring it on. We have to be awake and aware.

Its emotions that do it. Like Fear.

But postiive is way strongter than negative, and one match can overcome alot of darkness.

So turn the tables around and find things that bring you joy and raise frequency.

But the movies are carefully constructed by those who understand the Source Field, law of affinity, and the mysteries, to bring you a plot line that does cresend with peaks and valleys with emotions and so are creating manifesting and hijacking people's co-creational abilities.

Emotion is the charge. Or intent.

So clear it in your mind and if needed, as for forgiveness, from Source and Higher Self, even from the collective if you will.

Some studies I keep finding alludings to regard the studies of photons. All our cells and pineal emit photons, and the energy field around us, our auric double, is photons. In RV experiments they've measured this decreasing and they've also measured a surge in photons at the target area when targets are accurately viewed.

Also, healing, even long distance, a surge in photons. The more intent, the stronger the surge.

So the emotion this is true too.

So work at being Love not fear, and cancel or clear, all negative slips. Everyone is subject to this, we're hardwired into half light squares and half dark, and we're trying to transmute the dark squares here in these tests.

High Frequencies!

So you mean by having more positive thoughts I can overcome my "program"??
edit on 5-3-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Funny how the mind causes its perceptions to come out in the material world.
What you think is an accidental thought or word is the imperfect untrained mechanism that connects the conscious to the unconscious relaying its perceptions from the realm that has no constraints of time and space
to the the part of the brain that does.

Darn difficult to make it pay though

edit on 5-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join