It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remains Of Last Missing Soldier In Iraq Found.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Makes me personally happy as a veteran of the Iraq War, that they have all been found and brought home. This is the second case of a local Soldier/Marine who has been identified in the last year here where I live.

www.freep.com...

BEIRUT -- The U.S. military has recovered the remains of the last U.S. service member missing in Iraq, ending a nearly six-year ordeal involving shadowy militants and a tragic love story, his family said Sunday from their Ann Arbor home.

The remains of Army Staff Sgt. Ahmed Altaie, who was 41 when militiamen seized him on Oct. 23, 2006, were positively identified at the military's mortuary in Dover, Del., the Army said in a statement released Sunday.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Makes me mad,sad and just plain pi$$ed off that people have to die for nothing!!!

RIP

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
they didn't die for nothing, haliburton stock showed a 250% return.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Love makes one do crazy things.

Unfortunately our esteemed leaders love the wrong things: instead of loving and supporting humanity, they love resources, vote-catching statements. blind patriotism and death (as long as it's not their death).

So I'm guessing, re: title, that you meant remains of last missing U.S.A. soldier (war criminal by association) rather than last missing Iraqi soldier?

They all have families, friends, lovers etc.

War sucks, illegal wars suck more (if possible) and the blood of the soldiers is , in part, on all our hands, by association. That pisses me off. I want no part of the death and destruction. I wish no harm on anyone, yet still some bastards are caught up in bloodlust, patriotism and violence.

This article makes me sad. Not for the obvious reasons, but because we never bloody well learn.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

What about the millions of dead Iraqis?

Have they found the last of their bodies?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26

What about the millions of dead Iraqis?

Have they found the last of their bodies?

They're still searching. They're still finding mass graves left over from the Saddam era. There's a whole lotta desert there, hiding a whole lotta bodies.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
May god bless his soul. Hope his family can get some peace.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
great to know their all out

top topics

join