It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy!! Obama Campaign Tries Intimidation to Boost Fundraising

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
We continue to see a new strategy unfold with Obama. The man already has a war chest full of Green Backs and has no primary opponent to deal with. This is quite Interesting. What does this suggest about Obama's confidence?

Tonight, a former Obama supporter forwarded BigGovernment an email sent out today by the Obama campaign. It’s equal parts desperate and creepy:

As you may have noticed, we’ve asked you for a donation a few times now.

But according to our records, you haven’t yet made an online donation to this campaign at this email address. (If our records are wrong, I apologize and thank you!)

The email goes on to ask for “feedback” on why the former supporter has failed to cough-up their hard-earned dollars for Obama’s reelection:

I’m not writing to ask you for money again. I’m actually writing to ask your opinion about why you haven’t given, and what you think would inspire you or other Obama supporters like you to decide to take the leap and donate.

[...]

There’s a good reason we’re asking for your feedback: The kind of organization we all decided to be a part of only works if people like you pitch in to build it.

Creepy?? IMO Yes. Guilt trip? Sounds like it. Community Organizing thug tactic?? Of course it is.

Would love to see if any of Obama's former supporters on ATS have also received this email

Cheers!

biggovernment.com...-437572

Once again this email is full of code speak. Just read that last line as compared to the line where they are "not asking for money"

Code... Just like obama's fairness rhetoric. Everyone needs to pitch in....do their fair share??? or does he really mean Pay their fair share.. Code "I've given you handouts, grants and you have no federal tax liability, the least you can do is kick in a few bones for my campaign"

edit on 27-2-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It looks more like something a Email scammer from Nigeria would send out.

I get a laugh at how Obama is having problems raising money

Maybe his old supporter are having second thought about the old Hope and Change

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
He sounds like a megalomaniac, unsure if the backs of his people he walks on, is becoming unstable.

How dare they let him fall....he paid for those backs.....

Des

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
It's quite clear what kinda cloth Obummer's people are cut from! Wonder how closely it reflects on the big Ooooo?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

American citizens already pay more than their fair share. It's called taxes. You know, those fees that are based on an illegal amendment, yet you still pay them out of fear.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If anybody had some extra money 4 years ago it's gone into the tank by now. The GAS tank. Maybe it's been spent on the increased cost of FOOD? Maybe it's been spent on the increases in HEALTHCARE?

If we had food, didn't need to go far in case we have a job, and didn't need healthcare, maybe we bought a rifle and some ammo.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
If anybody had some extra money 4 years ago it's gone into the tank by now. The GAS tank. Maybe it's been spent on the increased cost of FOOD? Maybe it's been spent on the increases in HEALTHCARE?

If we had food, didn't need to go far in case we have a job, and didn't need healthcare, maybe we bought a rifle and some ammo.

And bought heritage seeds, books on survival....instead of that next block-o-stocks, maybe we bought long term goods for storage.......

Des

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Once again this email is full of code speak.

And it appears so is your post

Community Organizing thug tactic??

I wonder if you have called any other President a "thug"???

edit on 27-2-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Doesn't sound that thuggish..more like a message one would send to a long-term supporter who hasn't donated in a while..which reminds me...

Much better than CREEP or any GOP Terrorist fundraising...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

No code speak from me. Just direct. I didn't call him a thug I called this a thug tactic classically utilized by all groups such as ACORN, SEIU, Move on.org etc etc All groups affiliated with this admin. as a whole and Obama directly.
edit on 27-2-2012 by jibeho because: CLARITY

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I take it you haven't been on the Republican Party mailing list or the Tea Party mailing list OR the Minuteman mailing list. I'm not sure HOW I ended up on them (other than I voted in the Texas primary many years ago to keep Bush OFF the ticket (didn't work.)

In any case, I've been treated to a constant barrage of mail and email, asking for donations and telling me all sorts of variations on the truth (a number of the mailings included items that were in the "liar, liar, pants on fire" category, as anyone who can go out and read the news can determine.)

Yeah, the Obama campaign wants money and I'm a bit tired of their emails (I also get them) -- but they're not as hysterically frantic in tone as the ones I've gotten from the Minutemen, the Tea Party, and the Republicans. All of them are convinced that society is only ten minutes away from collapsing but that I can be a hero and save everything if I'll heroically send them $100 or more.

At least the Obama campaign stops sending you stuff when you tell them to. I've told the Republicans EIGHT times that I'm a Democrat and don't want to hear from them and I still get their stuff.

So... I think it all depends on whose side you're voting for. You might enjoy the email and mail I get (which to my eye shrieks desperation and hysteria) and find it simply a call for a patriot's help. Obama's mailings don't look quite as over-the-top to my eye as the ones that I get from his opponents.

Everyone's mileage varies.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Sorry that you're getting that treatment from those groups. I never donate to political causes so I never get the calls. I keep my donations at the local charity level.

Obama already has nearly $152 million and growing in his chest and no Dem. opponent to spend it on in a primary. His closest competitor from the GOP is Romney at around $64 million in the bank.

Why this tactic? He does not need it unless he plans on buying 30 minute blocks of prime time TV to run Obama Infomercials.

The numbers.
elections.nytimes.com...
edit on 27-2-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Byrd

Sorry that you're getting that treatment from those groups. I never donate to political causes so I never get the calls. I keep my donations at the local charity level.

I didn't donate to them. I just voted Republican in ONE election. That put me on ALL their mailing lists.

Obama already has nearly $152 million and growing in his chest and no Dem. opponent to spend it on in a primary. His closest competitor from the GOP is Romney at around $64 million in the bank.

Why this tactic?

Because that's the intelligent strategy.

Whoever wins the nomination will win whatever they've got PLUS whatever's in the Republican Party war chests PLUS the Republican superPACs. Some of the RNC current nominees may also leap in and toss their money into some "beat Obama ads" once the Republican nominee is known.

It would be the height of stupidity to sit back and be complacent and wait to see who the nominee is and assume he can beat them with whatever resources he has.

He does not need it unless he plans on buying 30 minute blocks of prime time TV to run Obama Infomercials.

They're going to have to respond to a lot of negative ads from a big field. He needs workers in all the states and counties. He'll need to travel quite a bit, and so will his staff (just like Ron Paul and his staff are doing now.) Heck, I saw what looked like a 30 minute infomercial for Ron Paul last night after the Oscars.

I think it's all the rage now.

On the bright side, maybe the infomercials for politicians will replace some of the abysmally stupid programs currently available as prime time fare.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks what they read in that e-mail is Intimidation is either paranoid or pushing an agenda. I also, thanks to being in a party and supporting people not based on party, get fund raising begging from everybody in both parties. Did not get this one though. Its the way things are done and they are all the same. Of course the people that do it tend to have worked for both parties at one time or another so its no suprise.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Anyone who thinks what they read in that e-mail is Intimidation is either paranoid or pushing an agenda. I also, thanks to being in a party and supporting people not based on party, get fund raising begging from everybody in both parties.

I agree! I have the same sort of experience, and like you, I didn't see any intimidation -- or, rather, no more so than the Republicans use in the letters they send me, too (I was Republican last century. Long ago, last century. The Republican party hasn't forgotten that. Thankfully, Ross Perot's party was considerate about not spamming his supporters.)

Did not get this one though. Its the way things are done and they are all the same. Of course the people that do it tend to have worked for both parties at one time or another so its no suprise.

Yep. Success breeds imitation.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Individually disseminated intelligence,HUMINT for his use to learn about you who elected him,and as a measure of popularity

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

i worked as a debt collecter for a major world bank for a year an a half, from that experience, i can say this email is the very same tactics that debt collectors use to collect,

the guilt trip 'you signed up for this' 'you need to pitch in' 'we've asked you before and you still havent paid'

all the same tactics debt collectors use, sadly, the reason they use these tactics is cause they work, people really do cower and roll over to fork out their cash when spoken to like this, it makes them think they have been bad and deserve the debt.

doesnt work on everyone of course but definitely the majority, as the banks are so well aware, it's why they train their collectors (me included) this tactic

god i hated that job, so glad i left it.

top topics

join