It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Do I Have a Ghost in My Bathroom?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Although I've seen quite a bunch of weird stuff in my lifetime, I'm not a believer in ghosts, but something happened for the second time today that I'm getting very suspicious of.

Who: Um, its a small plastic plant in a white porcelain pot I got from Ikea. Its sitting on top of the toilet tank in the bathroom, in its cozy little spot where it cannot, and would not move regardless of how you push it with your hand (unless you push it all the way off the tank).

What: So this is the second time its happening, a big loud crashing sound, followed by the plant on the floor like someone hit it off its cozy spot. The first time was when I was taking a shower in the same bathroom. : / At first I thought maybe I left the door open and some freak wind came in and pushed it aside....since there are no windows either in the bathroom or the hallway this was a stretch ofcourse but I dismissed it immediately.

But tonight it happened again (its been over 3 months since it happened the first time). This time though the door was definitely closed. I do not have kids in my house, I have a single Golden Retriever who sits by me in the living room at all times unless I'm in the bathroom, which is when she sits in the hallway.

So my question is: WHY?!? Why does a perfectly happy pot, immovable by a simple push of the hand move all the way out of its spot and onto the floor. : / WHAT DA HELL IS GOING ON!?!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Since it happened twice I would get a video camera installed facing the pot, I don't know what else you could do.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
If you were showering both times it could be the steam from your shower collecting on it then making it slide. Thats about all I can think of.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Heh, I've had similar things happen in my bathroom but its mostly the shower curtain rod. It will randomly fling itself across the room. The first 20 times it happened I figured it was just some wierd thing.

Here's where it gets interesting.

When I was single, I would visit the local bars in the area. More often then not I would talk to people and put together an after bar party. So one night I met some people and we were arranging to meet up at my house for a few drinks after bar close. I was giving directions to a man and it turns out his grandpa use to own my house. He perfectly described the house and even talked about putting in the kitchen cabinets in the kitchen (they are beautiful, was one of the reasons I bought the house). His grandpa died in the bathroom of a heart attack.

Maybe its a coincedence, either way its creepy.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Does your bathroom steam up? If so, the pot may just be sliding off.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

No because I run the fan and the bathroom doesn't steam up during shower.

I was only in the shower the first time, the second time it was by itself and we had just came home from dinner outside, definitely no steam involved.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

I can understand that but this place is newly built apartment complex. We were the first people in this apartment, its brand new.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

I renovated our bathroom to be much larger and the area that we extended it into used to be a Cold Room for Potatos Cabbage...etc...also...people used to store their dead relatives there before funeral homes existed.

I have grown used to seeing Black Shadows and movement there...but it doesn't bother me. It is the LIVING that you have to worry about and co-existance with a Ghost is easy once parameters have been set. It seems the more fear and negativity that a family exudes...seems to disturb an entity.

If you just accept it and have a strong will...you have nothing to fear. Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Thank you for the moral support. I do have a strong enough will power to shoo things away, like I said before I've had some bizarre experiences of my own and most of the time I attribute them to 'beings' but not to ghosts per se, since I don't think dead people can wonder around like that. But I've never had a situation where an object just keeps getting pushed off for no apparent reason. And why that particular object?

I do have sensitive antenna's if you will and I can sense things that are there even if I can't see them, but in this case I can't sense anything at all. But there is absolutely no way that pot can move on its own. If I posted a pic of it you'd see why.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

I used to be a Huge Skeptic about certain things...then I took a specific job that was..."CIVILIAN" in nature. Now...I wish some of the things that I know I did not know. Thinking you want the truth and getting the truth are very differnt things. Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I've learned through personal experience that when unexplainable things like that start happening, whatever is acting out is purposely trying to get your attention for a reason. The more you ignore events it seems they increase in frequency and intensity, creating a negative fear emotion that surrounds yourself; that which the energy will feed off of.

My suggestion is to gather your confidence in mind and soul and allow it to appear without fear in full attentiveness to receive the message. Sometimes it is good, others bad depending on the feelings you pick up when around. I've had experiences where something was physically affecting me and moving physical objects and choked my friend when he was asleep and wouldn't dissipate until I broke and finally accepted the reality of the situation, got really angry and shouted it to leave and never come back with my full heart into it and only then you can feel the area feel completely free; a feeling of a less heavy air, less thick... I don't exactly know how to describe it. I've also had many experiences of experiencing feelings of positivity and confidence only to focus my attention and grow new perspectives on life as well as even stronger feelings of control and insight. Regardless of what you would describe it, this type of positivity/negativity definitely has effects on the world around us and if when focusing it grows and spreads to all forms of life; something as simple as a gesture of kindness.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I've had a few things like that happen to me in the various places I've lived in my life. Sometimes there has been no clear explanation for why things have moved/fallen, so we've let it go and accepted that there must be some logical reason that we just can't figure out.

However, I did once actually see something move on its own! It's going to sound really silly... I was in my room one evening, and in there I had one of those digital pianos, a clavinova I think. Anyway, on the top of it I had a pair of headphones - those massive 90s things that look like earmuffs, so they were fairly heavy. So I looked over from where I was sitting on my bed and saw them slide slowly about 10cm across the flat top of the piano. To this day I have no idea how this happened. There was no wind in my room (all of the windows were shut) and the surface was completely flat.

So that was pretty odd
But like some other people have said condensation from the shower etc. may have caused your pot to slide?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
couldnt hurt to set up a video camera and see if you maybe can catch somethin.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Move it to another spot for a while and see if any other strange things happen.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Suicidal plant or ghost cat.

I've yet to get to the bottom of my phantom bathroom water tap..

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It's fake. Maybe 'something' in there doesn't like it very much.
edit on 27-2-2012 by LoneCloudHopper because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper

Yea it is a fake plant LOL, but I thought of that as well. Whatever it is, it doesn't like it. There's another smaller fake plant thats on top of the sink but that one hasn't been touched -yet-.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I took your advice and put it somewhere different. If it gets thrown off again I'm going to throw it out for good measure LOL

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Check for a vibration of some kind. Things left on top of my tower computer would do the same thing. Realized that the combined vibrations of all the fans in it would cause a slow but steady movement of things left on it. Might see it if you put a glass filled with water on the water tank.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Yea I can check that easily. Thanks for the idea!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join