It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Israel have F117 Stealth Fighters? Interesting bits of evidence

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
What about the Thermobaric bombs used in Ashcanistan against the taliban deep caves? anyone know what size they are?

;lol:

Those Thermobaric bombs used in Afghan are something like 30 tonnes a piece and can only really be lobbed out of the back of a C-130 or similiar..

MOAB is an example but weighs a lot less than the BLU-82 Daisy Cutter which is another thermobaric weapon used
edit on 27/2/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I would consider this very very possible, hell they got their Nuclear weapons from American tech, and might have even been given some, who knows

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
I would consider this very very possible, hell they got their Nuclear weapons from American tech, and might have even been given some, who knows

No, they didn't.

The vast majority of supposed Israeli nuclear tech came from France in the first instance and then the UK, with the knowledge gained used to home grow talent later when they worked with South Africa...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Gov't never admits to anything till the replacement is already in service and in place.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Seymour Hersh has an interesting article in the New Yorker about Iran's nuclear programme. In it I found another tantalizing hint that Israel might be working much closer with the Americans on developing their strike plans. He writes:

"Israeli fighter pilots have been training for years at the Hatzerim airbase, in the Negev, and at a foreign site, for a potential raid on known and suspected nuclear-weapons facilities in Iran.

Source

Could that foreign site be Groom Lake / Area 51? And could the purpose be for F117 flight training?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Very interesting, I was just looking up some specs about the bunker busters Israel might use.
As of 2004 Israel was the first country to buy the GBU 27 bunker buster, actually a GBU 24 redesigned for the F117!.. In 2006 the IDF bought some more of the GBU 27.Now the GBU 28, which is a lot heavier around 5000 pounds, and can be thrown by the F15, might be too big for the f117 bombing bay.Interesting is that during desert storm the nighthawks were used throwing the 27s at specific targets(digging the rose garden garden as tom Clancy put it) then the F111 was flying in to end the targets with the heavier GBU 28.
According to Israeli military sources the GBU 27, which was thus designed for the nighthawk, could also be used
against Syria and Iran.One thing is for sure Israel is gonna throw a lot of planes in that direction, around 100 according to institute clingendael, because the F15 can only carry one 27 and the nighthawk two 28 s, I believe there are around 5 targets and two of them deeply buried.

sources:wikipedia, nos.nl
edit on 8-3-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Usually mothballed / obsolete military equipment is sent out to the desert to die, so that spy satellites of other nations can confirm the disabling.

If the F117's are not in the location where other military planes are sitting rusting, we should start questioning where they are.

Nice theory, OP.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by Glassbender777

No, they didn't.

The vast majority of supposed Israeli nuclear tech came from France in the first instance and then the UK, with the knowledge gained used to home grow talent later when they worked with South Africa...

Maybe, but the nuclear fuel needed for the reactors came from the USA. There are also persistent rumors that the USA gave Israel weapons grade nuclear material for use in bomb.
edit on 8-3-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi

If the F-117 was totally put out of service, that also means that the production for spare parts has stopped (I don't know, I'm only assuming). And we are also talking about very specialized parts.

The only possible solution for this scenario to be plausible was if the US had given Israel the plans for them to build the parts them-selfs. Which personally, I doubt has happened.

But you never know.

What happens is that we give them the parts as part of their free gifts packages we constantly give them. Plus, our aerospace industries will be happy to continue supply parts from existing production methods--precisely as they did when the customer was Uncle. You guys just don't get it. We are talking about business here not necessarily arms, and definitely the cutting edge of fighter jets!.

The f-117 should never have been built after the first proof of concept models were in the air. But Lockheed needed the cover for their real work they are doing with the triangles. If only you people can accept the existence of the triangles, you could see throught the facade that has constantly been in place for a long, long time.

I've said it many times here on ATS, I did a long, interview with a witness and his son of two triangle craft moving in a close formation--not flying!--low, slow and silently during a low ceiling condition in 1985. Then in 1998, I had a personal sighting of a huge one moving low, slow and silently over Laramie. Seeing is believing, folks. Now, were these craft ours or ETs? (I won't be back to this thread.)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I would think maybe a JSOC FOB in Kuwait.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vojvodus
It will just be shoot down again with ""primitiv"" Missiles and old Sovjet Radar System just like when they used F117 in Serbia.

The Serbs used low frequency radar.Now although this increases the radar cross section of the airframe, it also creates a lot of undesired clutter on the radar, clutter of rain, clouds etc.They still needed to aim at some point in the sky hoping to track the plane..The Serbs were smart using this technology but also quiet lucky
I am not sure but a Thales radar can decrease the amount of clutter on the radar, there are a couple of navies operating this kind of radar..
edit on 8-3-2012 by Foppezao because: autocorrection

edit on 8-3-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Here ya go. Israeli Stealth Fighter

Seems they might have some F117's

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
when our church visited israel 2 years ago for easter i am sure we saw some f117s flying out to the medetterian sea they looked like boomerangs,we thought they were us f117s i guess we were wrong. It was almost dark the sun was going down and we were very close to the tel nof Air force base where our Minister's brother lives. He is a minister of a small church in israel.

its interesting that they practice attacks from tho base by computer it is starting to all fit together-

www.jpost.com...
edit on 8-3-2012 by sedona5602 because: spelling error

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven

The most ironic thing in those articles Is that the Iranians might be purchasing the j_10, crafted from the same F16 technology the Israeli sold to the Chinese, ain't karma a bitch..
Another event which made some waves was the purchasing of the nighthawk parts which was downed above Kosovo, which might have led to the creation of the j_20

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

An unconfirmed and uncorroborated photo doesn't equal proof. This isn't to say that the OP's theory isn't plausible but it is to say that presenting your photo's from a 3rd party site without proof is ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Well the great thing about ATS and the web is a bunch of people can collaborate when they have time, to add a little more information to discover the truth of a matter. Someone with more time might take my post and follow the link and find more information which they could use in a search browser and find even more supporting evidence. We build upon each others findings and may be able to come to a conclusion based on multiple thread inputs. You on the other hand decided to just make a negative comment regarding my post rather than presenting any information related to the OP's post which in my opinion a waste of time and web space. And now in you have me doing it too...
edit on 10-3-2012 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vojvodus
It will just be shoot down again with ""primitiv"" Missiles and old Sovjet Radar System just like when they used F117 in Serbia.

The loss of one F-117 over Yugoslavia didn't prevent their continued use in the conflict. They still went down town over Belgrade to carry out missions.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

That image is years old and dates back to the 1980s. It is the first full scale development aircraft. It was painted in camouflage colours.

www.f-117a.com...

Video of it's first flight. Note the camouflage paint scheme?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join