It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banker Leaves 1% Tip On $133 Lunch Bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
They will not forget that guy when he comes in again They will just spice his food a little .

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
If this is true, and this guy's identity gets out, he won't be able to eat out anywhere.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This douchebag had better know that he can't eat in the same establishment twice or he's going to get the other kind of clams in his clam chowder. He's also ripe for someone to steal his credit card number, which couldn't happen to a nicer asshat.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
What a douche. How does a person even become such a punk? The manager should have chased his ass down and confronted him.

edit on 25-2-2012 by becomingaware because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I hope she peed in 99% of his food.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Some people are just cheap or are a-holes...i think he's in the a-hole category. He better not go back to that restaurant unless he wants some special sauce or something in his food.

I have a Filipina friend, she'll only tip $2, no matter the bill. She's in the cheap.category or "kuripot" as they say.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I bet that overall tips have gone down during the Obama regime.

It happens when the economy is in the toilet.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
As a delivery driver I can say banks tip the least. Corporations are hit or miss. Banks NEVER tip more than 3%. its #ed up. Disney once tipped 10 dollars on a 300 dollar order and then called the store after the fact and changed the tip to 5 dollars. However, Disney also has given larger tips than that, it just goes to show how a couple bad eggs can really make what your part of look like a bunch of assholes.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hottoboggan

Maybe this is a good thing? The banker should of wrote that she should work for herself and quit being a slave to corporations that pay you dirt.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

You do know that wait staff only make like 2.35 and hour, and have to tip others out of what they are tipped?

it is not gratuity, it is so you can tip based on how well they do. To say that it is optional makes you just as bad as the banker that is mentioned.

If you can afford to go out to eat, you can afford to tip.
edit on 25-2-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I was also a waitress, and most businessmen are just cheap. And a lot are jerks.

Now what I would like to know is if the person who is trying to dish out justice by posting this on his blog, was really thoughtful enough to make up for the tip.

My grandma always undertipped, when she walked away the grandkids would throw a couple of ones on the table.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Just one more comment : I had a job as a Cab Driver for 2 years and the Best Tippers to Me were People who worked for Tips, I got many waiters, waitresses, Bartenders etc. Because they know what it's about and in turn I did the same. People who worked for Tips Always Tip the Best Plain & Simple.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Conspiracy theory: There is no "Boss"... Future-ex-banker is Breanna's future-ex-boyfriend.

No matter what actually happened, this is great free publicity for a restaurant in a highly competitive market during off-season in Newport Beach. I'll bet lunch service is packed on Monday with people in support of Breanna and the wait staff in general.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I have an advanced degree. When I have periods of unemployment I work as a waitress. The attitudes of many customers are disgusting.

One customer said to me, "This job makes you wish you'd finished high school, doesn't it?"

I said, "I finished high school."

Then he said, "Well I bet it makes you wish you'd gone to college."

"I finished college," I said.

He look bewildered. As I recall he left a pretty good tip.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I was also a waitress, and most businessmen are just cheap. And a lot are jerks.

I've had the same experiences being a waiter.

Most people that see money as their life priority do not share it with others. It's close to impossible to become really rich and be generous at the same time.

We all hope that "they get what they deserve" too bad the devil seems to be lord of this world so all that karma is bull s**t when it comes to making money. No matter, my human values will always be worth more then all the riches in the world.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
One question I would like to ask. Do waitresses in the US not get paid? I mean at all, that that rely on tips to make any money!!

I really wonder where this obsession with demanded, and expected tipping methodology comes from. Surely the price of the food which you are buying includes the overheads of the business which includes employee wages, So why is it deemed rude, offensive and worthy of having you food messed with in the most disgusting manner, if you do not pay more than the listed price of the said meal??

I was in a restaurant in Miami, I got the bill for close to $200 and the tip was printed at 18%! I wasn;t even given the choice. The service was actually quite poor. Therefore I say you americans are stupid. You pay for poor service which predicates further poor service.

Sooner or later you WILL be paying $10 for a burger and $20 tip just because. You watch, it will happen. and if you don't

Well someone will spit in you food!

Wellm in all seriousness if that happens that that person will be reported to the health department. See how many of his tips they have to pay out now.

By the way. Tips in Asia. .... Rude. and the service.... still excellent.

USA. tips expected.... service.... #e!! end of.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This a****** is also stupid enough to not realize if somebody didn't server him his food, his lazy idiotic a** would have to get it himself and would probably complain about it if it ever came to that. Some people don't appreciate that others have to do that work.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

waitresses and waiters in the US get paid like 1/4 or 1/8 of the minimum wage and their main source of income are tips.

the food does not cover all of the overhead either. You have the chefs, bus boys, prep cooks, etc.. and they get a percentage of the tips from the tables as well. Working in a restaurant; almost everyone is relying on those tips and when you get a tip like the guy gave this waitress, it would almost be like working for free.

see how it is messed up?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This guys parents must be real proud. Wonder how mad he would be if a young family member of his had this happen to him. If he came in again I'd probably drop the plate on his $xx,xxx suit by "accident" and serve him a dish of warm clams provided by the homeless man in the alley for the $1 he gave me

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
If I was that waitress, I would have chased him down in the parking lot and thrown a glass of ice cold water in his face and told him "I hope that water was as cold as your heart."

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join