It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banker Leaves 1% Tip On $133 Lunch Bill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by closerseemsfurther

So you're advocating vandalism of a private citizens property over not receiving what you think is an entitlement?
Yeah because that's the adult thing to do.
TIPS stands for To Insure Proper Service, it's optional.

At my college the student body had to pass a rule saying that the on campus coffee houses can't ask for or accept tips because it was affecting service.
Those who couldn't afford to tip or tip big were receiving slow service.

A TIP isn't an entitlement.

All that said unless the server screwed up big time he is a huge jerk and Karma will get him in the end.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Furbs

Im apalled too. That lazy waitresses who dont even try think that I should give them a large tip based on their poor life decisions.

Actually,, the occupation of banking is a poor life decision. The 'banker' knows he is about to be purged from the economic system. Therefore, the 'banker' lashes out at the waitress because his time is nearly over.

Everybody knows that bankers don't produce anything of value. They simply exchange pieces of paper with their bankster buddies and they call it a profit or loss depending how they manipulate the markets. They play pump & dump with their bankster buddies. They always rewarded themselves for failure. In 2013, there won't be any 'bankers' on this planet.

The persecution of the 'banker' by society has long been overdue. The OWS movement is only the beginning of the 'banker' purge.

Have you seen this thread in General Conspiracies? The bankers are resigning in droves.
Massive Wave Of Resignation From Top Level Bankers. The Elite Are Loosing Their Grip or/and SHTF

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Unless gratuity is added to the bill, a patron can tip any amount they choose, including zero. That being said, the snide remark about "get a real job" is just a dick move. If I received a message like that, I would have stopped the man before he left the restaurant and kicked his ass. I'd rather get nothing than the smart ass message.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
This man has been dining on all sorts of bodily fluids and human waste for many years, I'm sure.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Well, that is just a very very sill way to run a business!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I just think its funny he would leave such a hateful thing behind with his PERSONAL INFO?!

Apparently the Elites are morons.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Seriously???? That is INSANE!. OK I get the point why you're all so pee'd off about this. But look at this another way.

Mr 99% saves up for months to take his wife to a nice restaurant for their anniversary, he has enough for a nice meal and wine and its a lovely evening. the bill comes then shock horror he forgot to save the tip also. So he pays the bill and red faced leaves.

Now, he can never return or his food will be spiked with spittle, urine or excrement.

or he will be chased from the places and attacked, abused, or assaulted.

The reason being the waiter get paid below minimum wage, and no has to pay tax based on the cost of food hhe customer ate, and not enough extra was left to cover this (even though sales tax would have been included in the bill) and a little extra to supplement their wages.

Seriously please ask yourself this. Who is at fault here?

Really? Multiple choice answer

a, The customer
b, The restaurant / business owner
c, The State tax legislation
d, Al-Qaeda

So in fact the business is operating a business model where debt is built into the system, and is relying on bail outs from the end user. Sound familiar????

Really guys and you put up with this crap?? I am honestly astounded!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Obviously the guy who wrote "Get a real job" on a waitresses ticket.

In all actuality its the waitress who has the "real job," the banker more than likely just licks butt all day until he gets a nod and some fiat numbers in his "account."

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sykonot

Did you read the entire post. I am talking about the concept of tipping being an expected entitlement, caused by extremely poor wages, bad business management, and insane tax laws.

The scenario which I present, Which is a reasonable one, could well happen, so please read again.

As for whoever this guys is. There is no real evidence that suggests his occupation, position, wealth, standing, background, attitude, or the situational conditions and circumstances of the incident. At all, nothing apart from hear-say. This is not admissible in any way. Sorry but it's not.

However, should we assume that this is real. The comment is "personal" but again I say we know nothing of the circumstances. Maybe the waitress was a snide little cow, who was rude and personal. We will never know.

In my opinion the situation in general (as in service staff working conditions (which I have been one of)) as well as specific to this case it completely and utterly FUBAR.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sykonot

"real job" here is code for live like i do so i can be assured the way i chose to live my life is correct and that ripping people off and being an enormous sack of # is something all people are interested in

"they all want to live like i do they have just failed to do so due to incompetence..... arent i great and super special and *fart and sniff* dont hate the player hate the game baby..... god i love this game"
edit on 26-2-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

Come on SHD, you must admit it. Everyone loves the smell of there own "brand"! hehehehe

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Hey.......

Typical banker is pulling another swindle, he is stealing an extra 1 cent....

With rounding, that tip should have been $1.34 if indeed he was paying 1%.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
the amount of money has nothing to do with anything here it surely is the "get a real job" quote. why would anyone think that writing something like that would be a good idea? it just makes him like a tool. if it is even real.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I would laugh is someone used some type of software to remove those digital lines showing his details, or better yet if he crossed it out with a slight opacity that would leave the numbers slightly visible.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
If real, this is disgusting. Who does he think he is? If he doesn't believe that being a server is a real job, imagine the way he treats his mother after serving his lame a$$ all those years. Unless he truly is part of the 1% and had servants working for his family when he was growing up.

It sucks to get stiffed. Especially when you work for a high class resteraunt and are expected to be a certain way in order to please your customers by bending over backwards.

If Breanna has a cool boss, s/he went into the computer and adjusted the ticket so she did get a tip. A long time ago when I delivered pizzas, there was one house that never tipped (this was a cottage on the beach nonetheless). When I returned with the bill money, my boss would adjust the ticket so I would get a tip. It's just not right. Especially when you're getting your food delivered or served to you, be at least a little bit gracious.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

At least her job doesnt involve SCREWING people for a living.

No need to besmirch the good name of prostitutes by comparing them to this low-life bankster

Anyone who puts their body on the line in that way is working way harder and deserves way more respect than this 1%er.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
i have a heart warming story for everybody still on this thread, about a year ago i worked at a bagel shop in las vegas NV, no big deal didnt want to sell cars anymore so i got a minimum wage job and started over, after 4 months i began to get alot of regulars,( i remember names faces stories etc) one regular was a very ignorant and mean rich woman who would always be on her phone, well i served this hag over and over and over again and finally she offers me a job, NICE right? up to a couple days ago i finally quit after a year of seeing a total narcissistic NINNY with a huge checkbook running around town with her businesses telling people off, firing whomever whenever, doing whatever she wanted, well i never EVER gave her an indication of the type of person i was so she treated me like a door mat of course, so after seeing this insane woman run around firing people with her huge wad of cash supplied by her husband she promptly fired me without warning or notice just like the 8 others i watched go ( shoulda saw it coming huh?) well i preceeded to tell her off very respectfully in a very very long convo, and finally at the end of your conversation.."and for the last two months i worked at the bagel shop me and all my buddies spit in every single one of your bagel sandwiches, and one buddy had enough guts to stick his hand in his pants and giver her the special seasoning behind the line with cameras watching and everything, all for you Mrs.R****** LOL". things work out in the end everybody

edit on 26-2-2012 by POPtheKlEEN89 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2012 by POPtheKlEEN89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

they should stop serving this ****bag......

I don't know, you would hate to see this poor fellow go hungry. How about instead of serving him the lunch special they serve him a "special" lunch.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Jerk didn't even tip a full 1%. Should have rounded up to $1.34.

I don't like to think bad things about people, but I doubt this one will see eternal life or any reward outside this one, and I really hope someday he might wake up and realize ALL people should be treated with more respect and dignity.

And, if all waitresses, cooks, and anyone else in various service & related industries got "real jobs", who on earth would wait on or provide for these knuckleheads? I have a hard time thinking they're equipped to actually take care of themselves without all those non-real job people waiting on and providing for them constantly.

edit on 2/26/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies

This guy will be the posterchild for the revolution, he will be public enemey number one. Do you realize how many military people in the USA are the 99%

The US military is mostly 99% he will get his punishment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join