It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone care? Dog lovers should!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Right now its only in England but something this ridiculous will probably try to make its stupidity over here.These bonehead politicians both overseas and here like to attack our way of life far too much. First, sitting all day can cause us to get cancer or some other tripe over here. Now they're going after dog lovers. If we're not to walk them for "fear" of injury what's next. Give a politician and inch and they'll take a mile.

Daily Mail Reporter
How walking the dog can be harmful to your health: 'Man's best friend' may cause high number of injuriesThe regular walks and companionship that come with owning a dog are known to aid fitness and wellbeing. What's next anybody.

But it turns out that man’s best friend may be more likely to harm health than help it.

They may be responsible for a worryingly high number of injuries needing emergency hospital treatment, researchers say.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 24-2-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change wording

edit on 24-2-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

walking your dog can also get your dog stolen, sad story....
theheatmag.com...
anyone seen this dog?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Sixteen of them needed surgery. Most were pulled over by their pet while it was on a lead, while others tripped while out walking, fell over leads or were knocked over as their dog ran towards them.

Doctors were so surprised by the results – which suggest the hospital deals with more than 200 dog-related injuries a year – that they concluded the risks to dog owners’ health may ‘offset any benefits’.

If people are tripping and falling from walking their dogs, they're not in very good shape to begin with.
They need to get out and walk much more, or get some type of exercise. Lots more than they're getting now. Especially if they're getting injured by something as simple as a fall.

People should be able to handle a fall without breaking. I fall every now and again, partly through clumsiness, carelessness, or not watching what I'm doing. My lab has also knocked me off my feet, in the house, but I've never been near breaking anything. Well, not through anything my dog ever did to me. I fell off my back stairs last year, but my dog didn't cause that, that was all my own fault

They're great companions, and protection for those that live alone. I have 3.
Cannot blame the dogs.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Governments have a point. Dogs are a threat and all threats deserve to be dispatched. They should just kill everything and everyone then there will be no more threats..... No one is at risk because no one is alive. logical right? no?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGuyFawkes

What an awful story. One of my dogs is a Shihtzu cross, and they're the sweetest little creatures. I feel overly protective of mine, and he goes everywhere with me. He has a special spot in the truck where he can see over the dashboard, on the center armrest.
I keep hearing bad luck stories recently about little dogs, making me obsessively overprotective.....

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
its the Dailymail what do you expect from these clowns?

walking a dog is harmful? so is walking in general then or just with a dog?. Honestly, i hate our British media

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

omg i know brought a tear to my eye i own a shih-tzu named toby and lost him for four days in the new mexico desert i feel for this man... of course i found my dog but still very sad

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Sometimes the msm will make a claim that is so outlandish, so beyond the pale that everyone looks at it and says bullspit!
I think this may be one of those things, many people are healthier because of their dogs.
I am not too worried about my health but my dogs are important to me.
They need exercise and so at times I get pulled along.
Silly stories...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
i have a pitbull and hes usually pretty cool when i walk him, unless he sees a cat or a squirrel. then i have to put a lot of effort into it lol

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The only risk of injury I've ever experienced while walking my little 5 pound Chihuahua, was when a couple of young kids (not even old enough to be driving), tried to run us down with their mommies SUV...

TWICE!

They were yelling epithets in Spanish as they went by....

I realize, I may not look like the epitome of masculinity when I'm out with my little girl, but DANG man! Gimme a break!

I got in my car and found out where they lived, and sent the police over there to talk to their parents..

Haven't seen them in my neighborhood since...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGuyFawkes

walking your dog can also get your dog stolen, sad story....
theheatmag.com...
anyone seen this dog?

I hadnt see that but it nearly happened to me and my very blue pit

new topics

top topics

join