It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiot Shoots Self In Stomach To Test Body Armor (Language Warning LOL)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Reminds me of the movie "idiocracy". He even has the same accent.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Your insulting verbiage is just as ignorant as this man's actions. Did this man hurt you in any way? What, his lower intellect offends you?

Respectful dialogue in the forums, please. This isn't a rip-down session of Youtube ignoramuses.

As for the man in the video...I'm pretty sure he learned his lesson. No name calling, no insults. Nuff said.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

As for the man in the video...I'm pretty sure he learned his lesson. No name calling, no insults. Nuff said

Until he buys a new vest.......

If you buy a kevlar helmet are you going to see if it is bullet proof by shooting yourself in the head?

No,it's called common sense not learning a lesson..

Maybe name calling isn't right,but well it's hard not to after watching his video... sorry but true!!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
i WANT to make many comments , that are rude , isulting and violoate the ATS T&C , so all i will say is :

if you are a private individual buying body armour

commericially produced body armour comes with a spec. sheet and certificate of conformity

TRUST IT , or do not buy the product

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I would say that shooting yourself in the armor, shows a great deal of trust in the specs

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Actually, the risk of serious internal injury (ruptured organs, internal bleeding) goes right up to almost certain at point blank range. There's a reason why they're called bullet resistant vests and not bulletproof. There's no such thing as a bullet"proof" vest. How they protect the wearer is they dissipate the energy of the projectile through multiple layers of kevlar. All of that energy still has to go somewhere though, and, to my experience, even if the projectile does not penetrate, death can result due to internal hemorrhaging or any other of a multitude of really crappy/painful ways to die. Nothing like a ruptured spleen to ruin your day. The thought of what a ruptured large intestine would feel like flashed into my head as soon as he pulled the trigger and I saw the look on his face lol.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

Nobody deserves to die, not even you for writing such idiotic claims. Leave the man alone he is nor stupid, nor brave, none of that. He is simply human. Nuff said.

Peace

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
He might have gotten the idea from the History / Discovery channel. I remember watching this show about a year ago. It was a series about future weapons and high tech. One episode was about body armor. They were testing it and at the end of the show the inventor let himself get shot at point blank.

DRAGON SKIN

www.liveleak.com...

In a test for the History Channel's military show, "Mail Call", the vest repelled nine rounds of pointed steel ammunition from an AK-47 and 35 rounds of 9 mm, all fired into a 10-by-12-inch configuration on the vest. In "Test Lab", also on the History Channel, the vest withstood a total of 120 rounds, fired from both an AK-47 (7.62 � 39 mm) and MP5 (9 x 19 mm). In another demonstration on the Discovery Channel series "Future Weapons", a Dragon Skin vest withstood numerous rounds from an AK-47, an MP5, an M4 carbine (5.56 x 45 mm), and a point-blank detonation of an M67 grenade. While the vest was heavily damaged (mainly by the grenade), there was no penetration of the actual armor.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
yeh he died and then uploaded it to youtube

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I REALLY do not like guns. I loved my Grandpa very much except for the 12bores and the hunting. My mother, brother, sister, sons are all/were all good shots but I was a Failure in this department! I can't bear the BANG!!
I hope the man didn't die, (though I wouldn't hold out much hope for his spleen) because then I'd feel AWFUL for nearly splitting my sides from laughing

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Now that was dumb. Don't he know that they test them to make sure they work. Hell one guy whose company makes them did this to himself the proper way to show his confidence in his product, but still pretty dumb.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

It has to be against the law to shoot yourself.

I mean you can't cut your wrist why should it be legal to shoot yourself? This guy is clearly an idiot and has no business with a gun in the first place. Isn't there any kind of test you have to take to obtain a weapon in his state?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This guy should be the poster child for contraceptives

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

wow what a jacka$$ he should not be allowed to own or operate a gun ever again he is so lucky he didnt blow his head off. this is a perfect example of why you dont look down the barrel of a loaded gun.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
When people (usually kids) see a video cam filming them they'll do anything for a laugh, but that guy seems a bit old for that stuff

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join