It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiot Shoots Self In Stomach To Test Body Armor (Language Warning LOL)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
LANGUAGE WARNING

I hope that hurt you freaking moron. I like the lack of eye protection too. Clearly a genius. This is the sort of thing that makes gun owners look bad. I really would not trust being around this guy if he had a gun. I can sort of understand the temptation... but to actually test it on yourself INSIDE is just beyond stupid. Take it to the range bud. And don't actually put yourself in danger. This man should be forcefully sterilized.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You would think it would have been a good idea to shoot the vest without wearing it first.

One of the posts on the you tube video said he died of internal injuries, is this true? Does anyone know if he really died?

I agree with everyone else that this guy is a idiot and he apparently has idiotic friends who let him do this to himself. Ha you can't fix stupid, but nature has a way of working things out.
edit on 24-2-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I doubt it, he would have had a nasty gut bruise though. The armour wasn't penetrated, so no reason to think any serious harm was done.

The guy is an idiot though.

link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

One of the posts on the you tube video said he died of internal injuries, is this true? Does anyone know if he really died?

I was just wondering the same! Did he die from this??

If so... then that makes one stupid person less in the world...

link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
You would think it would have been a good idea to shoot the vest without wearing it first.

I really hope not, but was is a pretty poorly thought out experiment.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Someone please tell me that his man is not able to breed! That was incredibly stupid.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Good way to rupture your spleen or other soft organ.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Like they say, there is one idiot born every second .....

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
You call this man a moron, but I applaud him. Yes, not a good idea to discharge the weapon in his livingroom, and definitely not a good idea to discharge the weapon himself, but it's hardly fair to call him names. He may very well be an expert marksman, and it hardly gives gun owners a bad name, it is just a reminder that American's need to test their moxy (if not in a more reasonable fashion). There should be a disclaimer, though- DON'T try this at home.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I wanna try and understand this , but i just can't.

Who would test it out like that lol , i don't get what he was thinking. What goes on in his train of thought to make this seem like a good idea.

What about who else was in that room with him? nobody said hey , this is a bad idea lol.

Perfect example of some people who should have a license to be in public , let alone have a gun

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think he's related to this guy!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by onthedownlow
You call this man a moron, but I applaud him. Yes, not a good idea to discharge the weapon in his livingroom, and definitely not a good idea to discharge the weapon himself, but it's hardly fair to call him names. He may very well be an expert marksman, and it hardly gives gun owners a bad name, it is just a reminder that American's need to test their moxy (if not in a more reasonable fashion). There should be a disclaimer, though- DON'T try this at home.

You can't be serious!

Everytime a gun owner does something stupid like this it is a perfect example for the argument why guns should be taken away. --And this guy's gun should be taken away. Those finger tatoos are typical prison attaire. I wonder if he can legally own such a weapon?

Yes, he is an excellent marksman. He hit his mid-section right square in the center.
He is demostrating exactly what many people the world over believe about southern state Americans.
Give them a couple of beers, and a dare, and they will kill themselves trying to "show" that they have the guts, ,muscle, firepower or horsepower to do the dare. (And I live in Texas.)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
To all the posts relating to this guys stupidity, I would like to add that he did something else stupid there.

He ruined a perfectly good vest. It was probably fairly expensive. Now it has a big divot in it that might let a bullet through.

He should have tried the ice pick test on it.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Loony Toons CAN be educational!

Don't try this at home kids...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

His video might make some consider taking his guns, but they will have to think twice before they walk up and ask for them. We applaud a woman's right to have a baby cut from her mid section, but I guy shoots himself in a bullet proof vest and he is the moron? People may not use their rights so wisely, but growth occurs through trial and error; and for those who believe in natural selection, these stunts are those which will design our future.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
what an idiot...

Seriously, why even attempt this? Guys got more guts than brain that's for sure!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Thank you modern medicine. This idiot should have died as a child.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

That is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen anyone do.

As for the guy with the vest. If you want to test a vest like that, don't do it while you're wearing it. Wrap it around a hay bale or something. He was lucky it held.

Couple of future Darwin Award candidates there.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I commend this guy for his bravery, but I hope he doesn't make this a habit.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I love people..... I hate their attitudes. I love how people wish for his death, call him a moron and all that. How else do you prepare for anything without going through it? I have felt what he has felt, being hit with a bullet in a vest. It hurts like hell, but probably hurts a lot less than taking a bullet without a vest.

That said, yeah, he did do many things wrong, like discharging a firearm in a house for starters... Do I think he is smart? No. Di I wish a plague upon his house? No.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join