It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiot Shoots Self In Stomach To Test Body Armor (Language Warning LOL)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I have to point out, that if he was looking to investigate the properties of his vest under ballistic assault, with him inside of the armour, he ought to have had some paramedic or at the very very least, a first aider in the room with him.

He probably figured that if the morons from Jackass can do it, then so can he, despite the public health warning that preceeds every one of thier shows and movies.

However, what he could also have done, before even contemplating this particular experiment, is put the armour on a big ol lump of ballistic clay, and measured the displacement effect when the armour is shot with the same gun he used. By measuring the amount by which the clay behind the impact point has been displaced, he could have made a reasonable assumption as to the practicality and safety of the test he proposed to do.

He would also know after that kind of test, that he would have been better off with the torso section of a Trojan S body armour package from Troy Hurtubise, Canadian inventor of the bear suit, and the Trojan. Check him out.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
And the Darwin award goes tooooooooo.....................................This guy right here!

vvv

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Warning ATSers:

DON'T Try this at home.

Or anywhere else. for that matter.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Same guy...shooting himself....different video, different gun

www.ebaumsworld.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Holy crap! OK I understand that you Americans have a right to bear arms. Fine I am OK with that. However when you buy a weapon it should be MANDATORY to undertake a basic weapons safety training course, by a registered training center, and presentation of a certificate of competence should be a prerequisite to being handed the gun, not just try to figure out how to use it.

Has this guy never heard of normal safety precautions. of how to deal with a stoppage. always safety catch ON. open the breach, clear stoppage, reload, safety off, continue firing. and never never NEVER look down the muzzle especially with the safety off and the weapon loaded.

Hell, I was trained in the UK to do this at the age of 13, by the British Army Youth Group. This guys is just ..... well there aren't words sufficient to describe his condition. and just how LUCKY he was.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
This is just plain stupid!

If he has a gun licence it should be revoked!

Also, isn't there a law in the USA against using a firearm irresposibly?
If not, there should be!

This is such a strong advert for the banning of private gun ownership, which I personaly advocate.......In fact this is one of many reasons why I would ban guns!....Tooo many Morons!!!

Just to add!.....I would ban all Arms making and dealing worldwide!!.....Then we may move forward as a species!
edit on 25-2-2012 by zerozero00 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2012 by zerozero00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I know how you people in the southern U.S. hate to be stereotyped . The jerk in the vest did you no favours . Never seen such a bigger act of stupid macho bull# in my entire life . The guy should have held the vest against his head.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

OK, I see where you are coming from. Stupid people deserve to die. Who gets to define stupid?

Nature defines who is stupid. The Darwin Awards are the perfect example of nature removing defective genes for the gene pool. DUH!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by justcurious31
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

As you put it "stupid people deserve to die"

Wow! Just wow!

How do you define stupid people? Just out of curiosity?

As above... I am not god, nature performs the selective process just like she has for millions of years.

WOW... just WOW!

Was that a difficult concept for you to understand? It's kind of like EVOLUTION or god trying to eradicate SIN if you prefer to look at it that way...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anon77
WoW! I seriously hope that guy doesn't get the opportunity to breed. He is an excellent contender for the Darwin Awards

Well said...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

A prime example of testoterone poisoning, just before it enters the terminal stage

That should go into some medical text book ....

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Linked article from the video

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
This guy gives anti-gun people more of a reason to oppose them

And for that reason alone I will call him an idiot. If he wants to shoot himself, go ahead, but don't film it and give gun owners a bad image.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
WHAT A FREAKING IDIOT.

SHEESH.

someone has wayyy too much time on their hands, and not enough BRAINS

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
What exactly was the point in doing this?

Proving a bullet proof vest protects you from bullets? Who knew.

Seriously all he did was ruin a perfectly good (and not cheap) bullet vest.

EDIT: just had an idea, should ask him to test other safty devices and see if we can get him to crash his car to test his airbags

edit on 25-2-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Was that real? why did he shoot where the square patch was? Whats to say he had a blank or something to puncture the white tape which already had a bullet round in it. The point blank burn on the vest was for effects... Not believing it!!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
well then you have to see this one.....

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

I agree with everyone else that this guy is a idiot and he apparently has idiotic friends who let him do this to himself.
If I was there with him, I wouldn't have tried to stop him either. He had a gun!

You just sit back, and do what he says:
  • Push record
  • Watch
  • Laugh

• posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:19 AM
    link   
    I for one appreciate this guy making this video. I now know his vest works, and if for some reason he is shooting at me I'll aim for his head.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:20 AM
    link   
    There is really only one thing you can say about this video..

Actually you can call him a moron, because how many of you think it is a good idea to shoot yourself with a weapon even if you have body armor on?

Body armor is thoroughly tested before being sold. That's why he is a moron...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join