It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiot Shoots Self In Stomach To Test Body Armor (Language Warning LOL)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Then he throws the gun with another person in the room.. What a dumbass..

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I don't WISH for his death. I believe that in the absence of modern medicine he would have died as a child while trying to fly off the roof of his house. Therefore preventing him from PISSING in the genetic gene pool.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
I love people..... I hate their attitudes. I love how people wish for his death, call him a moron and all that. How else do you prepare for anything without going through it? I have felt what he has felt, being hit with a bullet in a vest. It hurts like hell, but probably hurts a lot less than taking a bullet without a vest.

That said, yeah, he did do many things wrong, like discharging a firearm in a house for starters... Do I think he is smart? No. Di I wish a plague upon his house? No.

You are absolutely right! I don't understand why people call him names, because as far as I'm concerned if something ever happens he can have the confidence to know what degree of pain to expect when being hit with a bullet, and that as far as I'm concerned is not idiotic or dumb but very smart.

In contrast the people who are calling him names will become much more afraid since they have never felt a bullet hit them.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

Is there a story I missed? He jumped off a roof as a kid, landed on his head, then got saved by a hospital? Feeling angry that a hospital saved a kid's life? I can't fathom how it must feel to think I am superior like that...

Even if that were true, so what? I did plenty of dumb things when I was a kid, and lacked the knowledge of mortality and consequences in perspective. I was lucky enough to have never been seriously injured, let alone almost croak. People that have done the same things as me have died, dumb luck, divine intervention? Who knows, but I won't complain.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
What a putz...you never test firearms on yourself....thats what mannequins are for

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I tell you what, it hurts a lot more than I thought it would, that is for sure. I am no stranger to pain either, I am glad I know what it feels like though. I know wearing some body armor don't make me invincible, that is for sure. I know it is not like being in a videogame lol. There is impact pressure, like being hit with a baseball bat, and there is temperature, hot as hell.

That being siad, I did not shoot myself in my basement, or livingroom or whatever. Shooting anything larger than a BB gun in a house is kind of stupid. But who knows, this bubba might live in the middle of the woods somewhere, and it could have been safe. I don't know, I hope he was though.

Where I used to live, it would have been perfectly safe to do what he did, I was surrounded by trees. Miles of trees, in all directions. Where I live now, not so much, on the left and right side of my house, I have neighbors, and no tree barrier.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Jepic

I tell you what, it hurts a lot more than I thought it would, that is for sure. I am no stranger to pain either, I am glad I know what it feels like though. I know wearing some body armor don't make me invincible, that is for sure. I know it is not like being in a videogame lol. There is impact pressure, like being hit with a baseball bat, and there is temperature, hot as hell.

That being siad, I did not shoot myself in my basement, or livingroom or whatever. Shooting anything larger than a BB gun in a house is kind of stupid. But who knows, this bubba might live in the middle of the woods somewhere, and it could have been safe. I don't know, I hope he was though.

Where I used to live, it would have been perfectly safe to do what he did, I was surrounded by trees. Miles of trees, in all directions. Where I live now, not so much, on the left and right side of my house, I have neighbors, and no tree barrier.

Hmmm... I feel like you changed your tone there. So is he stupid or not? Assuming he lives with neighbours.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Stupid people deserve to die. All modern inventions do is protect the lives of morons who go on to produce more idiotic offspring. I find it hard to believe that someone dumb enough to shoot himself hasn't had his worthless life saved at some point by a modern safety device or invention.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

What on earth was he thinking?
"oh um, lets have some fun and I will try to shoot myself with this gun and see if this will actually protect me or not"?

I don't get it? Death wish?.... trying to prove something? Get attention?

I mean what would his family/friends feel if worst come to worst?

And how did they feel watching him do this?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Even assuming he lives with neighbors is not really enough info to call him stupid. I do not know him, don't know if he is like me, and has the exterior walls reinforced. I would not discharge a firearm in my home when I am alone, unless necessary, even though I know it is safe to do so. I would rather not have to clean up the mess. When I am not alone, shooting indoors would not be very nice to others in the house.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

OK, I see where you are coming from. Stupid people deserve to die. Who gets to define stupid?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

As you put it "stupid people deserve to die"

Wow! Just wow!

How do you define stupid people? Just out of curiosity?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
WoW! I seriously hope that guy doesn't get the opportunity to breed. He is an excellent contender for the Darwin Awards

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
what an idiot...

Seriously, why even attempt this? Guys got more guts than brain that's for sure!

You could say that if you factor in beers. Beer increases "gut" power several fold and dimishes brain power at an equal rate.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This guy here has done the same thing around 200 times. Of course he's selling. He doesn't even seem to be in pain. I think his body armor is the one you want to buy.

edit on 24-2-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by onthedownlow
reply to post by Aliensun

His video might make some consider taking his guns, but they will have to think twice before they walk up and ask for them. We applaud a woman's right to have a baby cut from her mid section, but I guy shoots himself in a bullet proof vest and he is the moron? People may not use their rights so wisely, but growth occurs through trial and error; and for those who believe in natural selection, these stunts are those which will design our future.

Yep! He is a moron...and he exercised his right with his life at stake to test the advertised goodness of that vest. (Abortion? Please keep on topic. Morality and stupidy are different, one is learned, one is a given. As Forest Gump said, "Stupid is as stupid does." It usually is relatively easy for most people to see the difference.)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by onthedownlow

I really don't think his being an expert marksman has any bearing on my calling him a moron. Shooting a gun at yourself inside without ear or eye protection is moronic. It DOES give shooters a bad name. It strengthens the dumbass/drunk/retard stereotype. Show that video to someone who is anti gun and in the future they will use it as an argument for banning guns.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm glad he didn't die or seriously injure himself (thought apparently there are now some questions), but I sure am glad it hurt. Stupid usually does.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Another poster brought up a point that I forgot to add. Doesn't shooting a vest compromise it's integrity? I thought it was like a motorcycle helmet, one hit and you should replace it.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMar
Someone please tell me that his man is not able to breed! That was incredibly stupid.
Perhaps he should have shot himself in the testicles then

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Sheer idiocy. It's still vary possible to die with a vest on, Bullets kill in two ways, Obviously the first is the penetration as it travels though you tearing though flesh organs and shattering bone, the other is the shock wave from the impact, which in itself is and can be more deadly than the penetration. depending on what it was he shot himself with, there still is a lot of energy transmitted to the person wearing the vest. This is the theory on small caliber high power low mass rounds work, take a 7mm mag they are deadly out to 400 yards, not because of the sheer knockdown power of that like a .300 or equivalent, its the shock wave of energy of the high velocity impact that disrupts organs. A reason the .223 and 5x56 is so effective. High energy+High velocity.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Yes he just wrecked a perfectly good ballistic vest and they aren't cheap. I have seen a few people who have been saved by their vest, but it still leaves extensive bruising and internal injuries.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join