It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme increased activity at Fort Lewis in WA state

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The only thing I found on Twitter is this guy who posted some pics from Fort Lewis, today.

instagr.am...
instagr.am...
instagr.am...
instagr.am...
instagr.am...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

is this not also the same time they are having natural disaster drills....theres a thread about that too....

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
reply to post by amongus

is this not also the same time they are having natural disaster drills....theres a thread about that too....

I haven't heard one thing, or mention of those drills here in Washington state.

Link?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'm checking on it
let me see what I come up with

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

according to the range schedule they have been doing predeployment training in mortars and demolitions
Range Schedule **PDF***

Base Noise Reports and Information Line

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Range Schedule **PDF***
reply to post by iforget

I didn't want to go into this site further as
I wasn't sure about the agreement until
I had more time to check it out. Did you
see any specific dates or places mentioned
of deployment?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

no it is just a list of range activity on the base
posted for the local public

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

me thinks, you think too much....lol
2nd

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

First post, sory for the spelling I live a couple of miles from the base and lived here for 48 years, and thair is nothing strange goeing on right now.I have a scanner radio on all the time. Only new thing is a new group of helecopters moving here from Alaska. sometimes you will hear a grate rumbling for 10 to 20 minutes the ground seems to rumble and shake the windows. I know thay are testing thair jet engins on full tied to the ground.
Sounds cool all that power!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Are you talking about WA in America?
Or WA (West Australia?)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Well my little brother was assigned to the 2/75 Rangers out of Ft Benning GA and has been for about 8 yrs now. He contacted me a couple of weeks ago and told me he had been reassigned to the 3/75 out of Ft Lewis and would be transferring there soon then would be doing preparedness exercises for about a month before being redeployed to the Mideast.

Without saying too much because I don't want to risk anything I will say that I find it odd considering his rank that he is getting reassigned to a different division, and the issues surrounding his reassignment. I also find it odd that he had just returned from Afghan several months ago.

When we were talking he also said several things that I know he was trying to allude to something. I recently moved from central FL to rural ND and during our conversation he said that he was glad I was up here because it is one of the best places I could be. There were also some other things we discussed and being former Military under JSOC command I can honestly say that there is something gearing up.

He is making a layover here for 2 days while in route to Lewis and will be here Sunday. I'm sure if there is something he feels I should know we will discuss it. If there is anything that I find out that I can safely pass on I will be sure to do so once I have more info.

Regardless, there is something getting ready to go down. I served long enough and was in enough shiite that I know the way it works. That is why I made the move that I made, i have gathered enough of my own info by reading between the lines for the last 18 months to know it is time to start preparing. As we always said, failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Either way, mark my words people, we are about to open up a possibly deadly powderkeg that could very, very likely blow up in everyone's faces. The ideals of who is in the right and who is in the wrong no longer matter, there have been too many threats, too many lines drawn in the sand, and too many alliances made. All that matters now is what will be done to survive the inevitable outcome of a scenario put forth by powerhungry mad men on both sides.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I live outside McChord. Nothing happening here. Normally I can hear training explosions all the way from Ft. Lewis. Not tonight, it may have something to do with the weather.
I don't hear any fighters. I did a few days ago, they flew very low, it was so loud that my husband and I (prior AF), looked outside to see where they were. A fighter doesn't normally sound that low.

Currently I hear one of the heavy aircraft flying over. They do this often since my home is along their sortie path.

A few days ago JBLM's facebook page had a post about an exercise. I don't remember how long it was supposed to last and I can't seem to find the post. Here's a link to their FB (if you use FB). FB JBLM page

A KOMO article also states that the 2nd Stryker brigade is gearing up for deployment. I didn't read that they are training for it this week, but it wouldn't surprise me. KOMO

The base is big and there are lots of units training for many things. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a base exercise at least twice a month.

I don't think they are gearing up for a mass deployment anytime soon. For the size of that base and the fact it's combined, there would be much more noise, especially near McChord.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

They look well prepared!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by scrat

nice 1st post thanks for the info
welcome to ats

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

i have been noticing very weird planes flying over my house, they went so fast, didn't fly SUPER high....

but they would be a speck in the distance very quickly, and they made very little, very strange noise.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I live in Steilacoom and Ft. Lewis is right next to us. I drive by the Live Fire Range to pick my boy up from School when he stays after. This week was night qualifications and last month the Artillary had night exercises on the back 40.

What's funny is I was just showing the site to a couple of my active duty friends who are at my house hanging out while our wives are doing sow sort of candle party. One is Air Force and deals with pilots and the other is in the Army and flys a Helicopter. Both laughed and said for someone who has been here for over ten years the OP should be used to all of this by now.

I myself have been here since 94' when I got out of the Army. All of this is common around here. The jets are from Whidbey Island not McChord. It is an active Naval Airfield.

In addition you will often see trains of military vehicles going in and out of Ft. Lewis. And at for those that don't know Ft. Lewis as it's own airfield that used to house A10' back when I was there. (I hated running around that airfield.) The chinooks also support the Ranger and Special Forces units stationed there. Combat Controllers off the Airbase are pretty active also. Which all both day and night exercises.

So as a neighbor of both bases for 12 plus years and being very social with a couple dozen active and reserve friends I can assure you that nothing bad is going on. It's actually a welcomed sound to hear qualifications at night. Or to see a couple helicopters flying over ever day. Why?

Because it means our friends and loved ones are home safe and not deployed off to some 3rd world country that doesn't appreciate the value of a 24hr 7-11.

When it comes to Ft. Lewis I have no reservations about asking one of my friends what's going on. Especially when I was hearing the big booms a couple weeks ago.
edit on 25-2-2012 by Toolatetotalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Although the base is considered one base it is really two separate bases that are divided by a lot of woods and an ungated road that connects I-5 to Spanaway/Roy.

Also the Jets you see at night going East-West are generally small corporate jets or commercial jets from Alaska Airlines.

Planes, Jets and Aircraft are nothing new here. Between Boeing, the Navy C130's from McChord and Sea-Tac Airport we have plenty of traffic in the sky.
edit on 25-2-2012 by Toolatetotalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Off topic, but, extremely increased air traffic at Buckley AFB here in Colorado, over the last 48 hrs or so....

F-16's running all over the place, more so than usual, and I'm a 40 yr resident of the area.....

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I Live on the other side of the sound (Belfair) and I would say we have decreased action over here. Usually every morning about 3:30 or 4:00 you hear a helicopter followed by a train that takes about 5 or 6 minutes to make it out of earshot (It runs without a whistle but I live far enough out and close enough to the tracks to hear it) and then you hear another helicopter. Also we get a chinook flyover at least a few times a week I'd say, but for about 2 weeks I havent heard anything.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
There has been a lot of activity around my home as well- which is near fort jackson. Although it is worrisome - our military is experiencing cuts and restructuring at the moment which is most likely the cause.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join