It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look inside the masonic Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
So I happened across this video on youtube of a guy checking out a masonic Bible, and found it pretty interesting to say the least.

I'm not saying I agree with all that this guy is saying but there are pictures in the back of egyptian gods and obelisks as well as alternate definitions and other things.

So I have to ask, what's this stuff doing in the Bible? I know we have some masons here, if you'd like, feel free to speak up. I'm pretty interested to know what this is all about.

edit: actually the guy in the video does make some valid points especially near the end
edit on 24/2/12 by emptyOmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
where can i buy it? (seriously)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I work at a goodwill and i came across one that had king solomon's temple in the front. Like detailed painting of maps and the city where the temple was. Very interesting to say the least.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

You should try ebay
I just checked and they are there.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Masons worship lucifer

edit on 24-2-2012 by CaLyps0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2012 by CaLyps0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by emptyOmind

Wikipedia:

Hiram Abiff (other spellings "Hurum"[1], "Abif"[2][3], and "Huram-Abi"[4]) is a character who figures prominently in an allegorical[5] play that is presented during the third degree of Craft Freemasonry. In this play, Hiram is presented as being the chief architect of King Solomon's Temple, who is murdered by three ruffians during an unsuccessful attempt to force him to divulge the Master Masons' secret password.[6] It is explained in the lecture that follows this play that the story is a lesson in fidelity to one's word, and in the brevity of life.

Numerous scholars, both Masonic and non-Masonic, have speculated that the character may have been based upon one or more Hirams that appear in the Bible.[7]

1 Kings 10

11 Hiram’s ships brought gold from Ophir; and from there they brought great cargoes of almugwood[c] and precious stones.
12 The king used the almugwood to make supports[d] for the temple of the LORD and for the royal palace, and to make harps and lyres for the musicians. So much almugwood has never been imported or seen since that day.
13 King Solomon gave the queen of Sheba all she desired and asked for, besides what he had given her out of his royal bounty. Then she left and returned with her retinue to her own country.
14 The weight of the gold that Solomon received yearly was 666 talents

Revelation 13:15-18

15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.
18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I inherited a so called Masonic Bible from my grandfather. It doesn't have anything like that in it. It is a standard King James edition and all Masonic stuff is in the Preface materials. The focus of the essays seem to be promoting the universality of faith and unifying all religions that believe in one universal Creator as being equal in the eyes of that Creator. It's a kind of cool message but I can see the case being made for this being a luciferian school of thought and foreshadowing the NWO religion that would have us all worshipping the same beast. But that is only my impression of it from a non member perspective. Only the Masons know for sure what they are all about.

If I were a man, personally I'd rather join a charitable fraternal organization that is strictly secular in its orientation and keeps its nose out of my personal spiritual beliefs.

edit. I will have to go dig it out of storage but maybe my Masonic Bible has some of that content in it after all. I just remember some very dry essays and a long boring account of King Solomons's temple. It is a very old edition. I think my grandfather was initiated in the 1930's. There apparently have been some additions put into the preface materials since then.
edit on 24-2-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

TO OP: SnF!

Have had a question about this Masonic Bible myself. I had the opportunity to look at one one day. Somewhere in their preface , this one part talked about one of their ceremonial rituals, or whatever they are supposed to be called, where they walk around the room backwards ?and there was a mention of reciting the Lord's prayer. My memory is a bit fogger there and I would love to know exactly what it said.

Could you please find that and possibly quote? lol Hurry!
I've been trying to recall this for years.
Much obligued if you can!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
S&F Nice video

I'm interested in the Free Mason's, and I'd LOVE to get my hands on one of those bibles. I'll definitely start looking more closely at the stacks of bibles when I go to yard sales and used book stores. A friend of my husbands is a Free Mason and I'm really tempted to get my husband to try to join so we can find out stuff from the inside, but I would probably get too paranoid that he has been "changed".

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Please understand that Ancient Egyptian philosophy was corrupted by religious practice.
Please understand that the gods of Ancient Egypt were not gods as the modern world thinks of them.
In fact the gods and goddesses of Ancient Egypt represented Natural Universal Laws.
In it's original meaning Ancient Egyptian Philosophy spoke of the one Creator and would have recognized Jesus and Mary and other faiths Messengers and Mothers etc as an update to suit the times in a great plan for all Humanity.
There is non so blind as they who will not see
Truth is truth and truth did not begin 2000 years ago.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
i dont see what is wrong with it. they call them selves free masons not secret ones and they have a society that is secret for the reason you think it inappropriate for they to use the bibles scriptures for their personal works. irregardless of what the guy in the video is saying if you are christian and go to a church or hear or read sermons you are essentially practicing the same type of craft the masons are.

what artist says is right.

how if they are an open secret society does this practice circumvent your own ability to find a bible and use it in the same manner as it is supposed to be used by some subjective/objective perspectives; chaos theory aside?

even if it can be argued that masons have the right to do as they have with their codices. i still disagree with the premise of what i understand freemasonry to be. in fact they are speculators and at the conspiratory level retainers(here say on that part); if they do not practice and only speculate the reasons, why do they consume like a vacuum in space these beliefs that are to be practiced and held dear by the peoples they assimilate this ritual knowledge from. some would say imitation is flattery but masonry is abusive. masons have painted themselves to me as a group of people who have tried to confiscate knowledge without believing in said knowledge; same type of vagabond group that would etch a cross in a kings bust or deceive reality's perception by speculating in rites that should not be their own focus and keeping secret and making secret rites that were not their own focus.

top topics

join