It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antique bible turns up in Turkey

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Turkish authorities have confirmed that an ancient bible thought to be 1,500 years old is being kept safe after being seized from a gang of smugglers.

Link www.euronews.net...

This could turn out to be really interesting.

The document is in Aramaic, the language of Jesus Christ, written in gold Syriac characters on leather pages loosely bound together with string.

Written in gold that's different.
Could prove how the bible we have today is a load of bull crap

There is a short video in link.
And here is a picture of the bible.

I am not religious but would like to know what you think.
Edit to add that is the only link i could find to this strange for how big this could be.

Thanks

edit on 042929p://2012-02-24T04:07:31-06:00242 by mars1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Well Moses was born in what is now Iraq,

south of Turkiye, no?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
If you are correct this will be huge amongst the biblical scholars. Maybe there are new passages that address some characters referenced in the bible that are not later covered. Enoch for example. This will excite many

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jordanfutchy

you can always read the book of Enoch. Which is very interesting, and has several references from the New testament. It fills in the blanks. It was taken from the Bible due to the Jews not liking its prophecies, however it does touch on some out of this world topics.

like the mating of angels and humans, crystal structures in the earth where these angels are kept.
You can find the book online.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

The Vatican is already requesting to examine it ....
www.huffingtonpost.com...

An interesting theory on the book ...

Some media reports also said the copy of Bible in Ankara may be a copy of the much-debated Gospel of Barnabas, which Muslims claim is an original gospel that was later suppressed; the oldest copies of this gospel date back to the 16th century and are written in Italian and Spanish. However, the Gospel of Barnabas is not included in the four gospels that currently comprise the canonical New Testament -- Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. The Gospel of Barnabas contradicts the canonical New Testament account of Jesus and his ministry but has strong parallels with the Islamic view of Jesus. Much of its content and themes parallel Islamic ideas, and it includes a prediction by Jesus of the Prophet

www.sundayszaman.com...

Written in gold lettering got my attention right away, and for personal reasons I have reason to believe that there is something in there I would want to see. Cool find!
edit on 24-2-2012 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by paleorchid13

If they get there hands on this we will never see nor hear of this again and yes I agree I bet there's some interesting thing in.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Estimated worth twenty million Euro.....

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Here's the thing that gets me.

It's still written 500 years after christ died. Now I know thats better than what we have today, BUT you have to realize that lots of manipulation in the bible came from Paul's way of teaching in Rome.

This however is written in aramaic which could lead to the possibility that it isn't of Roman influence(can't be for sure), but I would make a bet that this is closer to the actual teachings of Jesus than we've ever known... Save maybe the Vatican archives. Heaven forbid the Vatican actually tells the truth about Jesus

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

It's a beautiful antique, no doubt about that.
But why is it a big deal from the religious point of view?
It's still 500 years too young to be considered as a historically accurate reference to anything within the christian mythology anyways.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

The Vatican is already requesting to examine it ....
What if goes against everything they believe?
BREAKING NEWS....Fire at the vatican destroys hundreds of ancient books, including bible on loan from Turkey.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious
reply to post by mars1

why is it a big deal from the religious point of view?
It's still 500 years too young to be considered as a historically accurate reference to anything within the christian mythology anyways.

Like I said in my OP I am not religious but if this is translated it could give a totally different story to the one we know there is talk that the bible we have now is mistranslated.

There could be things in there that are unknown to us who knows but I think this is a big deal and many more will.
We will have to wait and see what happens with this.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
From the Huffington Post link above
"Today's Zaman reports that the Bible is under high security and that a Turkish daily newspaper, the Star, claims the book could be a copy of the Gospel of Barnabas -- a controversial text which Muslims claim is an addition to the original gospels -- Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John -- that was suppressed"

The Gospel of Barnabas is used by Islam as proof that Jesus was not divine, but merely a prophet.
The Gospel also has Judas dying on the cross/tree as well Adam reciting the Islamic confession of Faith.... Despite Islam originating as a religion in the 7th century AD....

Funny that a supposedly "valuable find" like this was held for 12 years ....as Islam rampages across all parts of the planet and the grandchildren and children of devout Christians disown the One True God and the salvation that Christ Jesus brought to them. That a "find" like this comes at a time when channeled messages from supposed "aliens" and "spirits" are telling and convincing these same grandchildren to give up that very salvation.
Truly sad and truly proof of the times that we live in.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

What if goes against everything they believe? BREAKING NEWS....Fire at the vatican destroys hundreds of ancient books, including bible on loan from Turkey

I would definitely have to bring marshmallows for that hoedown

edit on 24-2-2012 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

I read a few years back about a incident where the Vatican had made up a document supposedly written in gold by peter to authenticate the Apolistalic Succession claims of the pope . This could be part of the same scam ...intresting story ...peace

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Something don't sit right with me about this.

For one they have had this for twelve years taken from smugglers so who did they smuggle it from.

And if they had it that long how come we only hear about it now.

If they know its a bible they must know what it says in it they have had it long enough.
And still only one link to this one would have thought it would get more attention what gives.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Lets hope some troops do not burn it...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Ha that's a good one

Anyway this is the youtube video of the said bible.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
Something don't sit right with me about this.

For one they have had this for twelve years taken from smugglers so who did they smuggle it from.

And if they had it that long how come we only hear about it now.

If they know its a bible they must know what it says in it they have had it long enough.
And still only one link to this one would have thought it would get more attention what gives.

Thanks

Ya I'm pretty sure the guy said "twelve years" . That's a long time.We are just hearing about it now? How do we even know it is the bible or anything that even resembles the bible we have today? Have they read any of the passages? Pretty vague description of the whole thing all the way a round.
Obviously it contains things they don't want us to know. The Vatican would have been consulted the whole way through this investigation , maybe even heading the investigation, as well as determining what if anything would be released to the public.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hi,

A Hundred Year Old Spear found in Whale.

Now an Antique Bible turns up in Turkey!!

Whatever next! We normally have stuffing in our turkey!

edit on 24-2-2012 by neotech1neothink because:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hanyak69
reply to post by jordanfutchy

you can always read the book of Enoch. Which is very interesting, and has several references from the New testament. It fills in the blanks. It was taken from the Bible due to the Jews not liking its prophecies, however it does touch on some out of this world topics.

like the mating of angels and humans, crystal structures in the earth where these angels are kept.
You can find the book online.

So you know what is in this new book they found right?

The point of this topic is that a "NEW" historical document has been found that could "QUESTION OR DEBUNK" everything you or anyone else believes.

Stick to the topic please.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join