It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Optical illusion, can't find any full explanation on how it works for this one

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
There is no light source or shadow.
Its just drawn to look like its a shadow..

Notice the arm and hand, no light source on that either..
Good trick...next.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Found this page on that pic:

www.moillusions.com...

I also think the light spot and shadow are painted.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

I'd say there is very little light involved. In fact the wall is painted, the shadows and all.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

See my posts on page one. Not painted on. Every see the scene in Austin Powers where they're in the tent? It's just like that.

I acknowledged it's a possibility, just that my personal opinion is that it's painted.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
The exact replica is on the other side of the sheet where the light source is creating the shadow. Next.

This seems right to me. Look at the shadows of the portions that stick up above the bar. They look like they're leaning the wrong way. They'd be slanted that way if the shadow was coming from the other side.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock2009
There is no light source or shadow.
Its just drawn to look like its a shadow..

Notice the arm and hand, no light source on that either..
Good trick...next.

I thought that as well. But what about the shadow in the background?

Contradictions everywhere. >.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Something doesen't look right with the shadow. Look where the middle bar with the "A" on it connects to the other cross member above, the shadow looks darker. Not sure if it's because the overlaping is causing the darker shadow or it's pixeling from a photo shop job.

Very interisting picture either way. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAY1980

Something doesen't look right with the shadow. Look where the middle bar with the "A" on it connects to the other cross member above, the shadow looks darker. Not sure if it's because the overlaping is causing the darker shadow or it's pixeling from a photo shop job.

Very interisting picture either way. Thanks for sharing!

You're welcome!

I also have a problem with that picture, it's not essentially due to the fact that it's hardly explained, but rather because I haven't found any explanation anywhere over the net so far.
Could it be a clue that this is not a legit photo?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
There are at least two very plausible theories on it, either the painted shadow, or the dupe on the other side of a translucent wall, and the dupe side is illuminated.

Either theory would explain the visual, just a matter of which one is correct, and without knowing the actual circumstances, and almost all queries leading back to the same origin, we'll likely never confirm which one is correct.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Okay...bare with me for a second. I have been chewing on this all day but I think I got it..

First, the shadow of the letters on the wall make no sense. They obviously are attached at the back to those handles and if the illusion is to make you think the letters are etched through the keys those handles would show up.

Instead it is way more logical to assume those letters are not etched through the keys but "placed" on them.

(they've made rings from these keys but I'm pretty sure the are almost the same)

Obviously the letters in the keys are made from a different material and maybe if you would view them through (for instance) a metal detector, would turn up something like this:

So what if you point a metal detecting camera straight at the object. feed the images to a beamer placed close to the wall (in this case the upper left corner) and project the images at a high angle back onto the wall.

The two rods connected to the wall are the only two objects actually close enough to the wall to create a shadow from the light of the beamer. Because the metal detecting camera is pointed straight at the object, the two rods connected to the wall will not be visible so the trick was to overlay the actual two shadows of the rods connected to the wall and the projected image of the metal detector......

There.... If anybody can still understand what I'm saying.....congratulations.

Peace

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join