It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

35% of British Adults sleep with stuffed animals?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
35 percent of British adults sleep with bear

LONDON, Feb. 21 (UPI) -- Thirty-five percent of adults in Britain admitted they sleep with a teddy bear to help de-stress and sleep at night, a survey said. Read more: www.upi.com...

Now, my title isn't exactly the headline of the article because, for one, I question it because I have a hard time believing that
, and two, couldn't someone just as easily sleep with a stuffed Sponge Bob?

I know it's not exactly the worst habit you can have, but still, COME ON

Is this even accurate? I'm sure(I think) that there are some Brits out there that are embarrassed (teddybarrassed) by this news. So let hear their side of the story.

Discuss.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Their police and citizens also don't have firearms.
This seems congruent.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

You got a point, a point that actually stopped me from posting a message to the MODs that they could move the thread to a conspiracy forum if they wanted just because I had a hard time swallowing it as true.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well I'm a British adult and not embarrased to say that I slept with a stuffed animal for many years...then I saw the light and divorced him.

Peace
edit on 23-2-2012 by MissConstrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MissConstrood

Into adulthood?

EDIT: lol i get it
edit on 23-2-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I personally think that an adult sleeping with a stuffed toy is ok. If it helps to alleviate stress and it is fun to them...why not!

I also think that sleeping with a stuffed toy brings them back in memory to a place in their childhood when they felt safe and secure...thus...some stress is removed from their lives.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I miss my teddy bears
I had tons of them growing up. My mom gave me one every year for Christmas up until I was 21

Their just so FUZZY!!!

I have been having trouble sleeping lately maybe I should go back to cuddling teddy bears...or maybe I just need a women...yeah cuddling women is better.

Maybe they need to do a study and see if all the grown men of the world cuddling teddy bears are sexually frustrated

edit on 23-2-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
i have rescued my lamb i was given when i was born from my parents loft and he's now washed and sat on my headboard watching over me

just need someone to post that picture of a teddy fighting off a dragon over a sleeping kid so that we can prove that teddy's are good for you

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Are the people that sleep with stuffed animals more likely to be single?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I sleep with a Badger.

I stuff him just before I go to sleep, he doesn't seem to mind, he's used to it now.
I have to clip his claws regularly.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissConstrood
Well I'm a British adult and not embarrased to say that I slept with a stuffed animal for many years...then I saw the light and divorced him.

Peace
edit on 23-2-2012 by MissConstrood because: (no reason given)

LOL I almost fell of my stool with that one! Kudos.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
reply to post by satron

Their police and citizens also don't have firearms.
This seems congruent.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

I don't get it

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
De-stress with something in bed that does not say no and never answers back.......sounds like heaven to me

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

Thats a lie. Police trained in firearm use have firearms. Citizens who need firearms have them.
The only difference between the US and the UK in regards to firearm law is that we require the person to actually have a use for a firearm for them to own one. We don't just give every Tom Dick and Harry one.

Also back on topic. This gives me concerns for some people. It doesn't give statistics except for the 'one in ten' (10%) of men have one. Which means 90% of them are female. Which does make more sense than saying 35% of British adults have one. So that's 3.5% of British men who have Teddy bears which given how low that is, isn't that shocking. I know this sound sexist but girls like teddy bears. They're gifted as valentines gifts, won for partners at things like carnivals.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Shouldn't there be a movement to allow marriage to a stuffed animal? No diseases, less social stigma, two can live as cheaply as one, no domestic violence reported, no overpopulation problem, the divorce courts don't get flooded, etc.

I don't see a down (sorry) side.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Well I will be 40 in two years time, female, with partner, with kids, full-time working, not overweight ..still love to cuddle my favorite furry hart-shaped pillow or my "happy hippo" in bed over a cup of tea and a good reading before falling asleep.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I just can't believe that statistic.

I snuggle up with my wife, 4 chihuahuas, and a kitten (who thinks she's a dog) though, so there you go. (not my choice, the wife enjoys a menagerie it seems). It's fine until the cat tries to lick my face with that sandpaper tongue of hers.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

ah found it

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

The Brits think of the craziest things lol

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If I had a large stuffed animal I would sleep with it too. Hmmm....maybe more than just sleep.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join