It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

35% of British Adults sleep with stuffed animals?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I rather have a pint.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

couldnt have said it better myself. just when brits couldnt get any werider

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I have a hubby and two kids, over 40yrs. And I sleep with a Nemo toy.

I use the toy to block up that annoying gap where the duvet is stretched between me and the hubby, where I get a nasty draught down my back.

The night I put him there I must admit my hubby asked why is he there, then I explained the reason. He said not a bad idea.

Shall I tell him the real reason? He makes me feel less scared to go to sleep.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

One downside would be that stuffed animals wear out
after time.Then,you shop for a new one

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Hey what's up with all this British bashing lately?

I'm about to make a thread about it! Seriously I will. Just try me. Teddy is pissed off. And I gotta sleep with him! (Her, it's a her!)

edit on 2/24/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

everyone democratic is being bashed online... it is a tool 'they' use to try to undermine our lifestyle.

anyway... back on topic. I sleep with a stuffed teddy.. his name is Super Ted
but he is not a stuffed animal.

edit on 24/2/2012 by Thurisaz because: edit to add Super Teddy

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by ANOK

everyone democratic is being bashed online... it is a tool 'they' use to try to undermine our lifestyle.

I hope you realise I was joking? You know, a parody of all the America bashing threads that regularly pop up?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

oh no omg I thought you were seriarse!

what about the anti British parody lately? eek

anyway... don't really care... Super Teddy is happy and that is all that matters.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I'm not bashing anyone with my thread.Bashing is too strong of a word. I'm poking fun at the British, because it's funny to me. I couldn't very well put this in the jokes forum, as the survey looks serious...deadly serious.

Anyways, why is a discussion about a survey that concludes that 35% of Brits sleep with stuffed animals considered bashing? That's just immature.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
They should get married at right age then or should try not getting divorce. At least they will have good partner to sleep with....

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Quite shocked, I would think it was more than 35%. Most adults I know have a teddy or toy still lurking on their beds whether they confess to sleeping with them or not.
I'm not sure it's fruitful to even try take the piss out of the British for this, we are a sentimental lot when it comes to stuffed things we possessed as children, or gifts from loved ones.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I'm 25 and I have had my teddy for 22 years. I still sleep with him some nights, and sometimes my son sleeps with him. He is old and worn out but I can't bare to be without him.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

Until the statistic comes out that shows 60% of Ameriacn adults sleep with stuffed animals.
Just me, but I wouldn't bash something until I know what my own situation is like

To be honest, statistics like this prove nothing. Who knows, it could of been recorded at a town which has a high teddy bear lover population. It was taken at a hotel, so does raise the question how many were actually British, given that British people will have their own homes. People can be less than honest. So possibly flawed statistics that show 3.5% of our male population having teddy bears don't make the population weird.

Hey, sicne we're stereotyping, I imagine all US citizens to be like Eric Cartman from southpark, overweight and has tea parties with their stuffed animals.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
I'm not bashing anyone with my thread.Bashing is too strong of a word.

I was joking, jeez. I am British, it was a bash at Americans and their stop bashing Americans threads. If you read the whole short post it should have been pretty clear.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm 35 and I sleep with a stuffed dog named "Diesel"... What of it???

Perhaps people are to afraid to admit that they sleep with stuffed toys bcause of school yard bullies like many of the people on this thread.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by satron
I'm not bashing anyone with my thread.Bashing is too strong of a word.

I was joking, jeez. I am British, it was a bash at Americans and their stop bashing Americans threads. If you read the whole short post it should have been pretty clear.

I wasn't joking, I do find it funny and no, this isn't a British bashing thread.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join