It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Case Against Repitilian ET's

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
hi there ~

what is the best case that can be made against the existence of reptilians? and what type of proof is required to substantiate their existence, iyo? i must confess, though, that the "historical" (i.e. archeological, literary, etc. ) evidence seems to affirm their existence and dominance among us, but I do not presume any expertise in this field, beyond that of a rank amatuer.

thanks ~

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
They Don't live beneath us.....If they did then we would have seen a out kast or a lunatic reptillian running down New York City or some thing. Its stupid that you guys actually believe that their are Lizards living beneath us in caves, its just as stupid as thinkg their is a santa clause who crawls down chimneys and hands out presents.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I'm not aware of ANY credible historical, archaeological, or other evidence for the visitation of alien reptiles (or reptilians, whatever the distinction might be) to our planet at any point in its history. For that matter, I'm not aware of any credible evidence for aliens of any sort, be they reptilian, mammalian, amphibian, or otherwise, ever paying us a visit.

Can you provide scientifically verifiable evidence of these visitations?

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
What about old statues and artifacts?

Once you get into Reptilian Aliens, people see it as being "far out". In my opinion, there have been some type of Aliens that visited Earth in the past. Also, I believe the Official establishment of science and the sort are not permitted to explore this area with sincerety, probably due in part of keeping people ignorant about the past of Humanity. This type of exploration is left to "science fiction" and conspiracy theories. Just keep an open mind, especially when Science refuses to explore this area with Officialdom.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Pfft Please does statues could be representing a simple gecko or some thing. What will the people of 50,00000 years from now think about Transformers? Will they assume that they were real and fought Along humans to destroy the Evil Decepticons. For all we know does artifacts could be childrens toys.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
There are also statues of Dog headed men, Hawk headed men, snake headed men, etc....are there species of aliens who repersent those species also?

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SgtNFury
... credible historical, archaeological, or other evidence ... scientifically verifiable evidence ...

how would you classify texts such as the Sumerian Tablets, The Indian Vedas and British Eddas, or the ancient legends and traditions of the Hopi Indians, or the African tribal traditions of Credo Mutwa? In-"credible"? And "credible" persons claim the US government, among others, possesses "scientifically" verifiable evidence ... or am I wrong about that?

[edit on 18-9-2004 by Grail_Hunter]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpockO_o
They Don't live beneath us.....If they did then we would have seen a out kast or a lunatic reptillian running down New York City or some thing.

Many "eye-witnesses" claim they exist. Are they credible? Or do you need to see one "in-person" before you concede?

Its stupid that you guys actually believe that their are Lizards living beneath us in caves ...

How so? There have been "eye-witnesses" of this as well, such as Admiral Richard E. Byrd, for example. This begs the question, however, whether
"eye-witness" testimony can be entered as "credible" evidence.

[edit on 19-9-2004 by Grail_Hunter]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   

how would you classify texts such as the Sumerian Tablets, The Indian Vedas and British Eddas, or the ancient legends and traditions of the Hopi Indians, or the African tribal traditions of Credo Mutwa? In-"credible"? And "credible" persons claim the US government, among others, possesses "scientifically" verifiable evidence ... or am I wrong about that?

Sci-fi of their era? Good stories to pass the time, sitting around the fireplace? No Tv, no radio, no internet = gotta make your fun somehow. Oooh thunder and lightning....is it Gods displeasure?....What about those streaks of light that shoot across the sky at night?...I think there is a story in that. What about the vain ass divine God-King currently sitting on the throne? You know how he likes a good peacock puffery story to make him feel special and above the low-life scum that are his subjects.
Hang on, I'll just get the hammer and chisel out and put these thoughts down on rock....maybe I can make Wilma Flinstones best sellers list.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grail_Hunter

They Don't live beneath us.....If they did then we would have seen a out kast or a lunatic reptillian running down New York City or some thing.

Many "eye-witness" claims exist. Are they credible? Or do you need to see one "in-person" before you concede?

Its stupid that you guys actually believe that their are Lizards living beneath us in caves ...

How so? There have been "eye-witnesses" of this as well, such as Admiral Richard E. Byrd, for example. This begs the question, however, whether
"eye-witness" testimony can be entered as "credible" evidence.

This means nothing Grail you/us/we still don't have any evidence of their existance and probally will never have why because they simply don't exist.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
There are also statues of Dog headed men, Hawk headed men, snake headed men, etc....are there species of aliens who repersent those species also?

If the Reptilians can shape-shift, like "eye-witness" accounts indicate, they can easily appear in any of the above forms; and partially for "symbolic" reasons, as they're apparently given to both symbolism and ritualism.

Beside "shape-shifting", it is reported that they're heavily engaged in genetic sciences and hybridization experiments.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake

If the Reptilians can shape-shift, like "eye-witness" accounts indicate, they can easily appear in any of the above forms; and partially for "symbolic" reasons, as they're apparently given to both symbolism and ritualism.

Beside "shape-shifting", it is reported that they're heavily engaged in genetic sciences and hybridization experiments.

So I assume they shape shifted into Barney to feed our children with reptillian propaganda

Please Your just stalling to keep your self from believe the facts! That Reptillians don't Exist!

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
People like combining animals with people. Certain cultures have certain motifs.

As for Reptilians, no, there is no 'credible' evidence. Eyewtiness testimony isn't very good unless it is backed up by physical evidence, since people can lie and be mistaken.

Science doesn't pursue the avenue of 'aliens have visited us' because there really is nothing to pursue. Yes, there are stories about advanced beings visiting us in ancient times. There are also stories of the Earth being formed out of clay, stories of giants and gods and spirits and 20-foot tall men shooting fireballs out their asses. Unless you cna give a reason to beleive one and not the other, you really have nothing.

Now, let's say somebody says they watched a UFO land and take off. Go to the spot they said it landed, and you find a big burn mark with holes evenly spaced. Their testimony just got little more credible.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zero Point
Sci-fi of their era? Good stories to pass the time, sitting around the fireplace? No Tv, no radio, no internet = gotta make your fun somehow. Oooh thunder and lightning....is it Gods displeasure?....What about those streaks of light that shoot across the sky at night?

The ancient Indian Vedas speak of ufo's, advanced ancient civilization(s), destroyed by nuclear war; the advanced weaponry they possessed, the blinding bright light(s) in the sky that occurred with exchanges of nuclear fire, and its effects upon human victims.

So I have to ask myself, how's it possible for them to dream all this stuff up, let alone conceive of weapons of mass destruction, way back then, having never seen a "sci-fi" movie, or anything close to what they were attempting to communicate in writing?

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zero Point
Sci-fi of their era? Good stories to pass the time, sitting around the fireplace? No Tv, no radio, no internet = gotta make your fun somehow. Oooh thunder and lightning....is it Gods displeasure?....What about those streaks of light that shoot across the sky at night?

The ancient Indian Vedas speak of ufo's, advanced ancient civilization(s), destroyed by nuclear war; the advanced weaponry they possessed, the blinding bright light(s) in the sky that occurred with exchanges of nuclear fire, and its effects upon human victims.

So I have to ask myself, how's it possible for them to dream all this stuff up, let alone conceive of weapons of mass destruction, way back then, having never seen a "sci-fi" movie, or anything close to what they were attempting to communicate in writing?

Do you Have a link to back that up?

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   

If the Reptilians can shape-shift, ... Beside "shape-shifting", it is reported that they're heavily engaged in genetic sciences and hybridization experiments.

If you know what the code means, you can manipulate it with predetermined results. That is why the Human Genome project was started, so that we could decipher the code and figure out how to make ourselves better. The Reptilians ... If they can "shape-shift" then they must have enough understanding of genetics to have made themselves plastic, so why would they need to "experiment" when knowledge of the structure of the code allows for predetermination? Logically they should be able to say, Let's make a man with wings and then change the sequence if the code to create wings.

Personally I find the 'stories' of the reptilians to be full of hooey as most of the people that post the stories on their websites either never personally investigate relying on third person accounts (or other websites word for word) or they have a really great excuse (oh my swollen ankle!) for not investigating the stories.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I find the reptilian theories pretty interesting, but the fact they are living underground...

I cant even imagine it. NO intelligent species whatsoever with millions of years of evolutions and advanced technology would settle for living beneath a bunch of hairless monkeys that basicly only breed and kill themselves (and think up stupid conspiracy theories). Especially not one with as much hate towards us that the reptilians are theorized to have, being "evil" and all.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I don't know. I find the reptilian theory interesting, but I just can't believe it. Reptiles are a sub-category of earth creature. The existence of reptilian aliens is only marginally more probable than the existence of Chiwawa aliens. Why, out of the infinite amount of possibilities that life across the universe could potentially evolve into, would they coincidentally evolve into a type of animal we also happen to find on earth?

You could explain it away with the "star trek" explanation that there are only a small number of forms that life can successfully evolve into and humanoid/reptilian etc is one of the best. But that just sounds like a bit of a fudge.

All we have to go on about life in the universe is what we have here on earth. If we're going to dream up an imaginary alien, the chances are, we're going to be influenced by the creatures we see around us. Therefore, when I hear myths and tales about reptilian aleins, or the egyptian gods, you can see exactly where they got their influences from. From my knowledge, none of the egyptian gods had heads of animals that lived only in austrailia, their inspiration was taken from their imidieate surroundings - scarabs beetles, dogs, etc.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson
Personally I find the 'stories' of the reptilians to be full of hooey as most of the people that post the stories on their websites either never personally investigate relying on third person accounts (or other websites word for word) or they have a really great excuse (oh my swollen ankle!) for not investigating the stories.

Well, that's why I joined this forum and started this thread. To be honest, I'm rather new to this focus, and cannot make any sort of claims, like I've been researching this subject for decades, and read everything ever published on it; but I've heard, viewed, and read just enough material to make me "a little loopy", in regard to my current "belief" system. I see no point, though, in continuing studies in this field, without attempting to "nail-down" the facts (i.e. truth), time permitting.

It goes without saying, then, that, like yourself, I'm not interested in "most of the people that post the stories on their websites", but only those few who've seriously researched "the claims". If you know of any genuine researchers, who've approached this field objectively, without any bias, to one side or the other, and dedicated themselves to nailing-down "the truth", once and for all, I'd like to know who they are.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RATT
Please Your just stalling to keep your self from believe the facts! That Reptillians don't Exist!

the last thing I want to do is make any rash assumptions, or conclusions. I've changed my "beliefs" so many times in my life, that the older I get, the slower I am to buy into anything, including your view-point of the "non-existence" of aliens ( reptilians ? ). I am trying to maintain an open mind, despite all my previous training and subjective prejudices. Trust me, the last thing I want to believe is that aliens exist, and are hostile toward us. I'm curious to hear, though, why you're so "positively" sure that they don't exist. Is it possible to prove conclusively, beyond any "reasonable" doubt, that they don't exist?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join