It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spartaxa
Of course I don't think you're making light, in fact, if we didn't make light of such an inexplicable occurance, I don't know how we would react! I can only ever think that my rage and frustration created some kind of Tsunami of energy that I focused on the ball and it - well did that! I don't know if I as a person did it, or I as whatever I am inside. To be honest I get thoroughly confused trying to think about it all. There was a few other minor teleportation things but I won't relate any more in case it looks like I am overdoing it and people start to think I am lying - more so than they probably do now!

I am going to back-pedel now and read more of the early posts on this thread.

I would really love to hear the rest of your "teleportation things". But, if you are uncomfortable posting, I understand.

I hope you enjoy the experiences of others on the thread. After reading most, maybe you'll feel more comfortable sharing the rest of your experiences? There are many others here who we all could say, "They are lying", including my own stories.

If you wish to post feedback on any posts, please do.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Seems this thread rides in waves lately. When one person posts, several more come on to post... then it goes dead for several days, then starts up again.
I've been sick for almost a week. I'm glad it happened during a "down wave" on my thread. I wouldn't want any new posters to think I didn't care about their story by not responding. I'm still trying to get over whatever this is, but at least I can sit up at the computer now.
So, bring it own..... let's hear your stories. I know you're out there; I've seen you on other threads.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
yes, I have. I've been almost abducted by aliens before.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybowrain
yes, I have. I've been almost abducted by aliens before.

Ahhhh.......... you wish to tease us!
Please tell us about your experience.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Never been lucky (unlucky, should that be?) enough to have any sort of paranormal experience myself, I know a few that have. It really do envy those that have had one, as it'd make somebody that really wants to believe find it that much easier to believe. I adore the paranormal and love to watch horror movies, creepy/eerie stuff but I've never quite gone over to the side of firm believer and probably won't until I experience something or see definitive evidence myself.

Though, I'm sure that now that I've said that a big # off ghost will creep up behind me and scare the absolute crap out of me.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaemonD14
reply to post by sled735

Never been lucky (unlucky, should that be?) enough to have any sort of paranormal experience myself, I know a few that have. It really do envy those that have had one, as it'd make somebody that really wants to believe find it that much easier to believe. I adore the paranormal and love to watch horror movies, creepy/eerie stuff but I've never quite gone over to the side of firm believer and probably won't until I experience something or see definitive evidence myself.

Though, I'm sure that now that I've said that a big # off ghost will creep up behind me and scare the absolute crap out of me.

Thanks for responding, DaemonD14.

You have over 60 pages of experiences being shared here. Do you really think all these people would make this stuff up at the risk of being labeled "a nut case"? Go back to page one when you have time to read through the thread. If you like horror stories, you'll get your share here.
Maybe when you're finished, you'll be closer to being a believer. Please reply to any posts with your input, if you wish. Things really get interesting in the middle of the thread! Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Okay, earlier tonight I asked for more members to post their stories, and I immediately received two new posts.
So, I'm going to ask again.....

Is there anyone else who has a paranormal experience they wouldn't mind sharing with us?
Please give some details about your experience when posting. We love to read all about it.

Thank you.

edit on 7/31/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Hey gang. I have a lot of reading to do, life has been busy the past week.

@Sled, hope you are feeling better!

At those who ventured over to my blog...unfortunately I have acquired a stalker who lives in my city. He has been stalking my blog and leaving nasty comments since I dismissed him a few weeks ago. Mostly for being a jerk.

So...sadly. One jerkoff ruins it for the rest...if anyone wants the link (it is mostly about the paranormal but I do rant about daily life as well) then send me your email address and I will invite you!

Does this count as a paranormal experience?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Charmeine

Hi, Charmeine. Good to see you back.

I went to the doctor today and got a steroid shot, antibiotics, and cough syrup with codeine. I should be good as new in a day or two! Or later tonight!
I still can't talk, so I'm off work the rest of the week. YEA!!!!

I haven't read your blog in over a week due to my illness. I'll send you whatever you needed to keep me as a reader.

Be careful out there. Stalkers can be very bad news. I work in security, and have been trained about such people.
Watch your back, and don't take anything concerning this person lightly. Stay safe.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
Love this thread! It's a very relaxing atmosphere and makes you want to share. I've had quite a few experiences, the vast majority I would label as spiritual. I have a very personal relationship with Jesus and it's through his teachings that I understand why these things happen - at least for myself. And I enjoy connecting dots; biblical dots.

Many of my experiences have to do with my daughters death. She died a little over two years ago and the events that occurred before and since her death are already documented in a thread here about after death communication. My friend adjenson who is a board member and experiencer also, lost his wife and he actually started that thread. In that thread I stated that at some point I may be willing to talk about a few of my experiences - at least some of the tamer ones.

Stopped Time

I was very young - four or five and we were visiting my Granny in the southwestern coal fields of West Virginia. This would have been around 1970 and she was just getting indoor plumbing. There was a pump-house that sat beside the regular house. As we were walking between the two, one of my aunts noticed a craft. There were five of us looking at it; my Granny, my Mom, my Aunt, my older sister and me. It was above the mountain top, tilted at an angle and a very bright metallic silver. It didn't move or make any noise. It looked like a saucer with a coffee cup turned upside down on it. We went inside and a few minutes later my aunt made me go back outside to see if it was still there. It had moved to the left some I told her but you could still see it. I grew up in Columbus Ohio right by Port Columbus. It wasn't a regular airplane by any means. I still scratch my head over it to this day.

A year or so later, my Grandpa got a settlement for having black lung and my grandparents bought a mobile home. Sitting in a row was their old house, the pump house and the new house. We were once again down there, as my mom was there helping move things from one house to the other. This is going to sound so crazy but here it goes - I remember running and trying to find my mom. I ran through the old house looking and calling out for her but no one was there, so I ran out of the house, past the pump house to the new house and I saw my mom sitting on the edge of the porch. As I ran up to her all I got out was her name, "Mom!", when I realized she was frozen. Her eyes were open and she was siting at a funny angle, like she was about to get up - but she was froze. I remember being confused and scared. I started to run back towards the old house looking for my sister but I turned back around and slowly walked back to mom and I stood about three feet away from her and just quietly said, "mom?" and next thing you know she is moving again. I went from totally freaked out to so happy.

I've only told this story to my older sister because it is just so wierd and out there. In the Bible there are two instances where time was manipulated. Once during a war God made the sun stand still in the middle of the sky for about the length of a day (Joshua 10). Another time God made the shadow the sun makes go back 10 paces on Ahaz's steps.

Thanks for the positive feedback concerning my thread, and sharing your stories.

Did you ever ask your mother what she was experiencing when it seemed she was in a paralyzed state? Sounds like she was the one taken away for awhile, not you. It could also have been something involving quantum jumping in time. Have you heard of it? Or, maybe the angels came and took her on a spiritual journey?

Looking back over the thread (because my steroid shot is not allowing me to sleep), and I came across this post... and my reply. This has to be one of the stupidest replies I made to anyone!
I must have been on heavy medication, or experiencing lack of sleep (which happened quite often when I started this thread).

It is very clear that this involved the UFO stopping time for the mother, so she wouldn't realize they had abducted her son! Even though he didn't mention seeing the UFO this time... it was there; what'ca want to bet? The same thing happened to me when I saw the UFO float by my car. Everyone was like statues... frozen in time!

I hope Myrtales Instinct will see this and forgive me for being so "off the chart" with the correct response!
Geeze!

I hope I don't see any more stupid replies I made like that as I continue.........
edit on 8/1/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
OP, in all my years of lurking on ATS—I don’t know how I missed this thread, but it is certainly among my all-time favorites! Well done!

Just thought you’d like to hear some of my thoughts while I go through the thread. I am reading every single post and paying close attention.

I had no idea you were a paranormal magnet. I just assumed you were interested in it, but you hadn’t revealed any of your experiences in my thread. I’ll tell you something—had I known about your thread, I probably wouldn’t have started my own. But, I probably wouldn’t have posted my story on your thread either. I’m just not the type to overflow the bucket when it’s already full of similar stories.

On the other hand—since you were so eager to show me yours, I will share my link on your thread as well. We both seemed to have the same goal in mind when creating these threads; it’s time to get people to talk openly about things we don’t ordinarily get to talk about.

By the way, I just love how so many stories have the addition “I just pulled the covers over my head!” That’s something I know all too well. And it’s really the only thing we can do to protect ourselves from these very frightening experiences. Awesome.

My thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1-8-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
So, one of the first topics was about dreams and sharing dreams and precognitive dreams. I have a little bit of firsthand experience in all of these. I did not share them in my thread, but your thread seems far more appropriate to share them in.

I often foresee some events through my dreaming. I usually have major déjà vu where I feel like “Wait, I saw this in a dream before.” I can usually tell when someone is going to call me or if something unusual will happen to me from my dreams. One time I had a dream that an ex-girlfriend was going to call me up out of the blue even though I haven’t talked to her in months. Sure enough, as soon as I woke up—my phone was ringing with her on the other end. This kind of thing is the norm. It was being hinted at me for several months through dreams that my grandfather was going to pass unexpectedly.

I have no way to prove this so I never made the claim to anybody, but I saw Fukushima disaster in Japan about a month before it happened. I saw it in an out of body/astral type dream. My “guide” showed it to me. I could see the oceans and people panicking. The guide pretty much said “This is going to change everything.” Although I don’t see the change yet. It is stuff like this that makes me discard dreams altogether. No matter how well they seem to sync up and prove to be prophetic--there is always some element that doesn't fit the bill and unravels the whole ball of yarn again. We'll see..

I lost a friend as a young teenager. (He is alive.) But I went to the hospital in another state for my cancer and he was the sweetest, gentlest friend I had—he turned to a life of drugs and crime. I never saw or heard from him again. I could never understand what happened to him; why did he change so dramatically in my absence? I talk to him in dreams ALL the time. I don’t know if he shares these dreams. But I know that I’m having the lucid dream as a way to communicate to him. He’s not the only one I have communicated with in dreams.

I have another friend who I often talk with in dreams and he has been able to verify them as well. In fact, he came up to me one day and said “I’ve been having a lot of dreams with you in them and can’t ignore them anymore.” And I’d just smile and say, “Oh yeah? What did I talk about?” And we’d always match up the stories.

I have tried to contact many people through dreams—always a lucid type dream. Most of them, our conversation goes something like this: “You know this is a dream right?” And they’d say “Yeah, now I know that you told me.” And I’d say “So, you’re going to remember this when you wake up?” And they would go, “Yeah! Yeah! I’ll remember and then we’ll both remember it when we wake up!” But they never seem to remember it haha. Only one or two have remembered, I guess.

The weird thing is..a lot of the people I have dream-contacted have just argued with me like “No, this isn’t a dream! This is real! You’re lying to me!”

I don’t even try to contact people in dreams. I have never even wanted to. Some part of me does this automatically.

link   
Another topic that fascinates me is the “inner voice” of intuition that seems to save so many of us in dire situations. I am very familiar with this voice! At one point I was on the brink of madness thinking I was developing schizophrenia. But then I realized this voice only comes at helpful times. And it is my own voice—somewhat. It is the voice of wisdom and intuition. It is some kind of communion with all that is.

Crazy? Yeah, people who say that are just jealous that they haven’t cultivated the “inner voice” so they prefer to call it insanity haha. (Yeah, I’m sure sometimes this voice of wisdom is really the voice of negative influence/ demons. One must be careful and critical of “the voice.” You must only do right and never do wrong. The choice is always in your hands.)

I could write a whole thread on my experiences with “inner voice” alone. It is not (always) a mental disease! It has saved me countless times and continues to guide me in the right direction away from ignorance and danger.

Yogis and other spiritual masters throughout the world have known about the voice for thousands of years. It is developed through spiritual merit. In fact, the Yoga Sutras speak of all the supposed “superhuman” abilities one gains through spiritual devotion. But it also warns that we must keep our eye on attaining God, not superhuman parlor tricks.

link   
Nose-bleeds. Ugh. I have them the worst and they happen for no reason at all. I have been to plenty of ENTs though and not one of them ever found an implant. I guess my nose just doesn’t like to cooperate. Actually, I did have it cauterized a few times to stop the spontaneous bleeds. One doctor said it looks like somebody is making scratches or cuts on the inside of my nose and asked if I was sticking anything in there like tweezers! So…Weird!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Okay, so I see some posts about hums, bells, tones, and other strange noises which appear to have an internal source. Here’s something people need to understand about sound. Back when audiology was researching tinnitus (ringing in the ears) they would actually cut the auditory nerves on some people, thus rendering the ears completely and permanently deaf (this was done as a last resort for people who agreed to the experimental research—I’m talking about the kind of people ready to kill themselves to stop the tinnitus.) So, after cutting the nerve, their brain should no longer be receiving any auditory input at all! You guessed it. The tinnitus wasn’t affected and continued just the same.

This leads me to the hums, bells, and tones etc. There are “inner” sounds that are not heard by the ear or instruments of hearing. In many mystical frameworks, these are often referred to as etheric sounds. I believe hums, bells, and tones et all are such etheric sounds that cannot be heard by the ear, but only through “inner” processes. They are quite common for spiritual aspirants and seekers. Many describe these as the vibrational qualities of the constituent sounds of AUM/OM; the Om vibration itself being slightly different from the hums, bells, and tones. It’s no wonder to me that bells are used in so many religious and ritual ceremonies. Bells are used to signal the start of church services, to cleanse a room before meditation, to alert demi-gods that their offerings are ready, bells used in funeral marches etc. Bells and smoke are the telephone lines between here and “there”.

So, what’s it all about? In my experience these tones and vibrations happen when I am most relaxed, during meditation, or at auspicious times. It is also common to hear them when falling asleep, upon waking, and during sleep paralysis/ astral travel preliminaries etc. That means pay attention to them! You may notice the tonal qualities change based on your thoughts, moods, behaviors, and actions. You are literally hearing your current vibrational state—which is transient.

I use this vibrational “slide-whistle” to help me discern right from wrong. If the tone goes higher in pitch—good. If the tone lowers itself—make a better choice. This is where free will and human ego fails us though. I can’t tell you the number of times I have gone to do something I know I should have made a better choice on and had the “no,no!” vibration telling me so—it is always up to us to make the choice. We are all three: the accuser, the accused, and the judge.

I do not believe such sounds to be implants. If you can hear it with your ear—that is a different thing than hearing it without the ear (think back to the tinnitus research). I just imagine technological implants not creating etheric sounds—but then again, I’m pretty much trying to write the ground rules of science-fiction/fantasy and don’t really know for sure.

Although, some normal sounds occur with colds, sinus infections, cochlear fluid etc. Be aware of those medical explanations as well because those are definitely thrown into the mix—not to mention the sounds of tinnitus itself which we must be aware of. There’s a lot of sorting to do! But, it can be done if one pays close attention.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Okay, so here is the closest I have come to experiencing any ghost activity (I think). At least, it was never explained and still makes me wonder.

So, I worked in a little shop for about 4 years. There is a back room where the circuit breaker turns on and off all the lights in the store. It’s sort of an anteroom with another door leading out back to the lot behind the shop. Dust settles in that anteroom and needs a good sweeping every few weeks.

Every time I’ve ever opened or closed the shop, or even gone back there to sweep, I always noticed a one-way set of big boot prints leading out the back of the building and just seeming to stop at the door. To my knowledge, nobody ever used this back door to go outside and it has always remained shut and locked in my 4 years there. However, always, one set of boot prints walking in one direction. I always thought about what it was from, but never really bothered because I figured there was a lot of stuff going on to run the shop that I didn’t know about. I figured it was just business as usual.

Then came the time when the store was being packed up and closed down. The last day all of us managers that had been there for so many years went to that ante-room to turn off the lights and all. We ended up sharing stories and memories of our time working together.

(Just to clarify, one did not actually have to walk the entire length of the ante-room/ hallway to turn off the switches. The footprints walked to the locked door where no one else even had to walk.)

And then I finally asked the manager, “Hey, what were those boot prints about that are always in here?” She looked at me funny and I explain it to her. She says she’s never noticed any boot prints. Then the assistant manager said “I’ve always seen them—I figure they were (my name)’s”

I was just amazed. They weren’t my shoes—wrong size, wrong style footprint—not to mention the eerie way they just walked in one direction and seemed to be there fresh with no other prints every day. Not only that, but I was the only male working in the store for many years. The manager said quite explicitly that nobody ever walked through that door for business matters. The manager thought I was trying to be funny and didn’t believe me. The assistant manager confessed that she always wondered about the prints too. Other employees had mixed answers on both sides.

Still unexplained but very interesting. Not really any other unusual things happened in that store. Just the boot prints that seemed to show up every day.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Where to start ? I've been a practicing occultist for a long time now. Believe me when I say this, I was more of a skeptic then probably most, until I started proving it to myself. I am not one to simply dismiss stuff because it doesn't fit in my logic of belief system. But in regards to this stuff it has hardened me to a point of hard work and study. With practice and discipline you all can do it yourselves. I know that's pretty open ended, but it's a vast subject.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Welcome to the thread NB!
I appreciate the compliment you gave, and all the information and experiences you are sharing.
I hope you will continue to read the many wonderful things people have, and are, sharing here, and give your feedback, or similar experiences.

SUPRISE! I am a paranormal magnet! I really don't know how that slipped by you in all the other threads we have both posted on, including yours. Surely I must have said something of my experiences in one of them... or maybe not; I don't remember. Well, now my secret is out.

Thanks again for coming on the thread. Stay tuned. I hope to continue this thread for the remainder of the year, as a goal-setter. I know there are always new people coming to ATS with paranormal experiences. I intend to get them here!

edit on 8/1/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysteryonlydeepens
Where to start ? I've been a practicing occultist for a long time now. Believe me when I say this, I was more of a skeptic then probably most, until I started proving it to myself. I am not one to simply dismiss stuff because it doesn't fit in my logic of belief system. But in regards to this stuff it has hardened me to a point of hard work and study. With practice and discipline you all can do it yourselves. I know that's pretty open ended, but it's a vast subject.

Welcome to the thread, Mystryonlydeepens.

Can you offer some details about how you proved "stuff" to yourself? What kind of occult practices do you do? Care to share your experiences? If you read back over the thread, you can see you don't have to be shy, or fear ridicule here.

Thanks for your post.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I haven’t had very many paranormal experiences, but I have had a few, especially one recently in Gulf Shores, Alabama. I spent a week with my cousins and their family at a beach house and my cousin’s husband who rented the house for the week had stayed in a few beech houses when he was little said they could shake a little bit. Well, the first night I stayed in a room on the first floor across from where my aunt and two of my cousins’ daughters were sleeping. I noticed my bed shook a little and only thought it was amusing, but nothing out of the ordinary. However, as I lay I looked out the bedroom door (a double sliding door) and noticed a little black haired boy walking across the doorway to the front door and never came back. I knew that none of the kids in the house had black hair and the only boy was asleep upstairs with his parents. So, I went across the hallway and asked if any of the girls had just walked out, just to make sure, but one was in bed and the other brushing her teeth. Neither had been out of the room.

The next morning I decided to go back into the bedroom I had chosen to stay in to see if maybe what I had seen had been one of the girls, but the length of their bedroom door was shorter than the length of my bedroom door, so I could see part of the wall that led to the front door. The figure that I saw walking definitely walked the longer length of my doorway than the one across the hall.

When I mentioned what I had seen to one of my other cousin’s staying with us, she had seen a person upstairs who happened to look like her sister’s boyfriend walking towards the stairs to go down. She called his name, but he didn’t respond and she didn’t think anything of it until the next morning when her sister’s boyfriend had said he had never left the room during the night.

Also, the next day and night I took a few photos, but didn’t capture anything out of the ordinary. . . at least nothing I could see. However, the pictures I took of the t.v. downstairs definitely had what looked like faces of a few people, but were in light reflected from the light of the camera flash. The other two people were sitting in the couch in front of the tv. Yes, it could have been some sort of camera effect that made the faces, but I didn’t like the feeling I got from looking at those pictures, so I deleted them.
This is taking longer than I thought it would have and have a couple more experiences to write. I might sometime later.

edit on 1-8-2012 by LR2543 because: paragraph spaces

edit on 1-8-2012 by LR2543 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join