It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery celestial body passes in front of sun!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Oh no! The moon! Run away run run run run run!!! Cool picture by the way

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

This is typical of ATS.

There are rules for some people and these don't seem to apply to others.

I was under the impression that off-site quoted material needed to have a source provided.

Material is quoted in the OP that is off-site with no source provided.

Source is provided.

Slow down.

Read before shooting from the hip.

Yet the mods come in and remove some comets made by another member and don't bother about the OP. The commets removed were obviously made out of frustration because the thread is clearly mocking the 2012 forum. .It should really be in the hoax bin or jokes section. But once again it is very clear that the rules on this site only apply to some members.

Unfortunately, calling someone a moron is bad...and am I mocking the 2012 forum? Or was I editorialising what I find to be a fundamental flaw in ATS.

See comments above for clarification.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
This was captured by the Solar Dynamics Observatory today and couldn't be seen from earth.

Nubiru?

Planet x?

Death Star?

Or what...?

Beyond the novelty of observing an eclipse from space, these images have practical value to the SDO science team. The sharp edge of the lunar limb helps researchers measure the in-orbit characteristics of the telescope--e.g., how light diffracts around the telescope's optics and filter support grids. Once these are calibrated, it is possible to correct SDO data for instrumental effects and sharpen the images even more than before.

During the eclipse, the edge of the Moon briefly covered sunspot AR1422, a source of strong ultraviolet emissions. SDO's EVE sensor, which measures the sun's extreme UV output, saw a sharp drop at several wavelengths when the sunspot was behind the Moon

Very cool.

edit on 22/2/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

Stupid pointless thread.Love your avatar geek.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Nothing mysterious about it: abcnews.go.com...
It is our own moon that is blocking the sun.

Edit: Sorry.. I should learn to read the full quoted text before i reply.
edit on 22-2-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Wow thanks Chad now we can see this better....

This right here should have tipped you off about this thread.....

Nubiru?

Planet x?

Death Star?

Or what...?

Great job Chad it will be interesting what responses come the longer this thread is up.

S&F for giving me a good chuckle.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Obviously they had their finger over the lens

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Post of the year so far! S&F
Timeline:
Not one word of a lie in the thread title, until I stand upon it the moon will always remain a mysterious celestial body to me. And it moved in front of the sun while not visible from Earth.
Opening thread and seeing who the OP was it triggers a tremor of excitement and interest, curioser and curioser!
Read post and enjoy awesome image.
Understand that this image adds to human knowledge and will help with future imaging of our extraterrestrial neighbours.
Enjoys responses and viewing ATS members freaking out.

Chadwickus you have risen considerably in my ATS appreciation level. Nice one.

(Awaits Phage to post thread about anal probing by illuminati with Republican reptillian collusion.)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

This is what makes ATS so great.

And so terrible...

Everything was provided in the OP.

I'm sorry if you missed it.

The question now, is will this thread die or will it continue on and turn into another 10 page beast?

Chad --

Last time a similar event was mentioned here on ATS (back in November of 2010, when the Moon on one previous occasion passed between the Sun and the SDO spacecraft), there was a similar outpouring of people asking "what is that ?" even after it was explained exactly what it was.

I provided a clear explanation on page 3 of that previous thread in This Post, but there were still 3 more pages of people (1) asking "OMG!!! What is that", and (2) posts with people inexplicably doubting my explanation (probably because my explanation was too mundane of an explanation -- i.e., it didn't involve conspiracies, Nibiru, or the NWO lying to us.
edit on 2/22/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Not only is this the best evidence of Niburu ever, but you have managed to show the clearly man-made (or, more likely, "alien-made") face-on-the-sun in the same photo. Notice the two large glowing eyes, and the Mr. Bill "oh noooo" mouth. One has to wonder not only how long it's been there (thousands, or even millions of years), but also what kind of super-creatures were able to go to the surface of the sun long enough to build this incredible construct. Many people don't realize it, but the popular "smiley face" pin is actually a signal to those long lost aliens that we have seen their signal and that we understand it, and we welcome their return (this is why we changed it from a "oh nooooo" face to a smiley-face, it's a signal). Thank you for bringing awareness to this!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Why???????????????????
edit on 22-2-2012 by Floydshayvious because: clarification

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

One wonders how many other planets in the galaxy, or universe, WITH sentient life (observers), happen to have their moon perfectly eclipse their sun...

things that make ya go hmmm..

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Dear Chadwick.

4 pages
22 flags
a picture of the moon slightly in front of the sun.

I applaud you. Next, opening up that bottled air website. If you can do this here, you will make millions on that.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

10 page beast? You're selling yourself short there. The way people are skimming the OP so far, this might keep going until Nibiru gets here. Well done.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Darn, I was going to say something similar

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Can we please dispense with these sensationalist-headlined bullsh!t posts? Seriously.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The moon is mysterious.

Sooo I guess this thread is cool.

Way to make the fringe element view real science, well done sir.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
26 doomers (and counting) made this hit the front page without bothering to read this isn't a mystery planet, rather our moon. Further, 26 people doesn't know the motto of ATS. Further.. there will be more stars and flags based on this misconception............

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
that was the moon, but is this?

this person seems to have filmed this a few times on different dates.
edit on 22/2/2012 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicrat

10 page beast? You're selling yourself short there. The way people are skimming the OP so far, this might keep going until Nibiru gets here. Well done.

What's funny is (as I mentioned in a post above) that one of the times a similar thread was made concerning the Moon passing in front of the SDO back in November of 2010, I said this:

These are pictures of the Moon getting in the way between the Solar Dynamic Orbiter (SDO) spacecraft. It happened November 6th and also back in October. It will happen again on December 6th (after which, I'm sure, we'll get another thread like this).
[emphasis mine].

Well, sure enough -- just as I predicted -- on December 7, 2010, we got another SRO eclipse thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

On the very first page of that thread, I explained what it was and provided the links, and even after that explanantion (just like in the November 2010 thread) there were still 6 more pages of people saying that the object was Nibiru, Venus, or a lens cap.

edit on 2/22/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Nice thread for mislead people into discredited discussions about Nibiru!

Good job!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join