It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran thwarted investigation into nuclear program, UN watchdog says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

worldnews.msnbc.msn.co m

The Iranian government has blocked attempts to investigate its alleged atomic weapons work, the U.N.’s nuclear watchdog agency said Wednesday.

The U.N. International Atomic Energy Agency, or IAEA, expressed disappointment over a lack of progress during two days of talks in Tehran over Iran's disputed nuclear program and said its request to visit a military site had not been granted.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I hope this isn't used a reason to further aggression in an already tense situation in the world. Lately it seems that the media is definitely showing more Iran coverage. Not sure if there is a reason for it or not. The tensions can only go so far before they break down and war ignites in the region.

worldnews.msnbc.msn.co m

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ralphy

worldnews.msnbc.msn.co m

The Iranian government has blocked attempts to investigate its alleged atomic weapons work, the U.N.’s nuclear watchdog agency said Wednesday.

The U.N. International Atomic Energy Agency, or IAEA, expressed disappointment over a lack of progress during two days of talks in Tehran over Iran's disputed nuclear program and said its request to visit a military site had not been granted.

I wonder what else the IAEA wanted to see at a military base. Since the IAEA are clearly in the US pocket I would take this with a salt shaker or two.

P

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Great more law breaking by Iran. Why not just let them in? What are they hiding? If they let them in, then we could all be satisfied at least for a few weeks with what they are doing. Of course, Iran could easily hide what they are doing, and they are.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
I wonder what else the IAEA wanted to see at a military base. Since the IAEA are clearly in the US pocket I would take this with a salt shaker or two.

P

Lol this has to be one of my favorite excuses the apologists like to use. When it comes to countries like Iran or Syria, or groups like Hezbullah or Hamas, the spin comes out in full force. When anyone of those entities behaves in a manner that hurts the Israeli government, people support it no questions asked.

When anyone of those entities kills Israeli civilians or targets something they shouldn't, all of a sudden those groups are somehow manipulated / controlled by the west.

Even IRan pulls the same BS with the IAEA. They have no issues reporting in PressTV the visit went fine and the IAEA had their questions resolved, yet when the IAEA reports information Iran doesn't like, they are part of a vast conspiracy against Iran while being in the pockets of the West.

The excuses get old and only serve to reinforce the fact Iran is not responsible enough to possess nuclear energy, let alone nuclear weapons.

It always has to be someone else's fault..

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Great more law breaking by Iran. Why not just let them in? What are they hiding? If they let them in, then we could all be satisfied at least for a few weeks with what they are doing. Of course, Iran could easily hide what they are doing, and they are.

Because the IAEA inspectors would confirm Iran has a nuclear weapons program. All Iran is doing is stalling for time and nothing more.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I wish I could like your reply 1000x

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Am I the only one that has a heart felt belief that this is all foreplay before an already decided declaration of war?

I mean this entire process is practically copying the script for the Iraq war verbatim, And the way these UN inspectors are seeming pawns in the entire process, compunded with intentionally sensational headlines by the main stream media are propoganda caviar to the less informed. What I gathered from that report is that a group of scientists were sent to Iran under the banner of simply trying to open a dialogue between nations, While they are there, they ask to see sensitive sites that house a wealth of knowledge about the nations defense capabilities and are quite predictably laughed out of the room. The scientists then hurry back to give the already forecast and anticipated answer. NO! . So these UN patsy scientists are then asked in a room full of people did they allow you access to the requested sites? NO, they reply.(Although this meeting wasn't about access to sites it was about opening dialogue.) Then it's off to the printing press. The media then immediatly blasts the screen with a barrage of "UN WEAPONS INSPECTORS DENIED ACCESS TO IRANS NUCLEAR SITES", Iran of course sees the game being played because it is identical to the Iraqi provocation. NOW it releases a threat that "IRAN WILL ATTACK ANY THREATS TO IT'S NUCLEAR SITES PRE-EMPTIVELY" They in short threaten to do to the US and Israel what they did to Iraq. This of course is the media "coupe de gras" and we can now say Iran denied access to weapons inspectors and has made a verbal threat to attack both the US and Israel!!!!

Frankly I love America. I love being an American. My family has fought and died defending her. But I am astounded as how willingly we engage our sons and daughters in a fight for their very lives without people in power that can even convincingly say to us "WE TRULY DID EVERYTHING WE COULD TO BE A BEACON OF FREEDOM AND DIPLOMACY, WE MADE EVERY ATTEMPT WE COULD TO AVOID FIRING A SINGLE BULLET AT ANOTHER MAN, WE HAVE THE MOST POWERFUL MILITARY IN THE WORLD AND IT'S SOLE PURPOSE IS DEFENDING LIBERTY AND THE VALUES OF THE AMERICAN CONSTITUTION FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, IT IS WITH GREAT REGRET THAT WAR IS THE ONLY OPTION."

These type of sensationalized provocations seem to be plunging the country and the world WE love into the abyss.
I'm getting off of my soap box now.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Because the IAEA inspectors would confirm Iran has a nuclear weapons program. All Iran is doing is stalling for time and nothing more.

Exactly this. Iran are always banging on about how it's their "right" to enrich uranium under the terms of the NPT, while at the same time picking and choosing what the inspectors can and can't see......in direct violation of the same NPT

Yes, yes, Israel didn't even sign the NPT, I know. But at least they don't use it as a smokescreen to try and pull the wool over the eyes of the world.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Curio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by truetoform

The fault for all of this lies with Iran, not the IAEA or the west. Part of the requirements for the NPT / IAEA are disclosing ALL sites used in the nuclear program. Inspections are common place and are nothing new, and the inspection process is the same for all members, so Iran is not being signaled out here.

From the start of this mess back in the day to where we are at right now, all is a direct result of Iranian actions and inactions. Constantly claiming their program is peaceful and open while refusing access to confirm the claims.

To try and excuse Iran's behavior simply because they built their "peaceful civilian transparent" nuclear program on a military base (yeah, that makes sense - civilian program on a military base) is being naive. They extend invitations for more inspections, and when they come, they refuse to cooperate / answer questions the inspectors pose.

If hostilities break out the sole party responsible is going to be Iran.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

Is the IAEA clearly in the US pocket? The organisation is separate from the US and has often made rulings that have displeased the US administration.

The point here is that the Iranians are just not playing ball. They have something to hide or they are just being deliberately obstructive and playing their silly games. Unless they can be open and transparent there will always be the legitimate suspicion that they have a military nuclear programme.

Everyone fears a nuclear armed Iran, not least their neighbours. Even Russia would have a serious problem with a nuclear Iran.

Regards

top topics

join