It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Top 10% of income earners paid 71% of federal income tax

page: 31
33
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho
 


They're showing up at Obama events too, protesting and getting arrested.




posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I can put a picture of the inside of my elbow, and call it a buttcrack too though.

Doesn't matter what statistics say, it matters what the people show is happening... plain and simple.

Statistics is how we got into this mess in the 1st place, taking money and converting it into something more dangerous, theory...



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


The shift is clearly being made towards the election as depicted in multiple threads around ATS town lately. New members popping up and getting banned everyday. Fun stuff.


The truth always wins.

Did you watch the debate last night? Newt nuked them all with the simple truth.


I can't believe you are real


President Newt would nuke the world, maybe that would be a good thing



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74
 


How do your numbers look against those from Schuyler on pg 5. He credits the IRS for this info. I can't seem to link it or quote it, sorry.



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74
 


That chart does not show 60% of the taxes paid...it is misleading...see my post on the last page.

post by Indigo5



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74
 


Great screen grab. On the top it says

"The Top 10 percent of income earners paid 71% of federal Income Tax."

The truth shall set you free.

The rich are making lots of money and they are paying their - fair share - in taxes.

What are you nitpicking about?


----------
If you think that headline is bogus, go tell Media Matters. They might offer

you a job. This could be your first big scoop!

- A scandal was discovered on the ATS messageboard today.-



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Kali74
 


Easy tiger. I'm not saying that they are backing Obama. I'm saying that they are regrouping to focus on politics and the election. Why are Occupiers showing up at GOP events? They have there eyes on the 2012 election.

Enjoy the reading. This is just the tip of the iceberg

allianceforajustsociety.org...


The Occupiers are failing miserably.

They work outside the system.

The Tea Party on the other hand works inside the system and it's working.

- November 2010 Election -


Obama called it a shellacking.


The tea party succeeded because they took the situation Bush set up and turned it into lemonade.

That is the Conservative M.O, enter the government, mess it up from the inside because it falls
right in line with what they want.

(after destroying the economy via their efforts) "See! I told you, the government is bad!!!"

Oh look here ->



edit on 23-2-2012 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


The shift is clearly being made towards the election as depicted in multiple threads around ATS town lately. New members popping up and getting banned everyday. Fun stuff.


The truth always wins.

Did you watch the debate last night? Newt nuked them all with the simple truth.


I can't believe you are real


President Newt would nuke the world, maybe that would be a good thing


He still won the debate last night.

All of the others looked like amateurs. Really ....they did.



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by Kali74
 


Great screen grab. On the top it says

"The Top 10 percent of income earners paid 71% of federal Income Tax."

The truth shall set you free.

The rich are making lots of money and they are paying their - fair share - in taxes.

What are you nitpicking about?


----------
If you think that headline is bogus, go tell Media Matters. They might offer

you a job. This could be your first big scoop!

- A scandal was discovered on the ATS messageboard today.-


Why are you defending the rich???

As opposed to defending the middle class or the poor???



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation
 


His data shows that the top 10% claimed in the OP...income starts at $113,000. That means that the top 10% is being taxed starting at the 28% tax rate which is where I started adding the IRS numbers from and I added in all the Capital Gains tax revenues to the 28% and higher because in all honesty I doubt anyone from the 25% or lower brackets has any capital gains taxes to pay, it's an assumption but it works toward the claim in the OP and still ends up with the top 10% paying less in taxes.

reply to post by Indigo5
 


It's a great chart but we're only talking about Federal Taxes. That's what the Op's claim is and that's the data I used to refute it.

reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


Yeah, that's what it says and it's wrong.



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by Kali74
 


Great screen grab. On the top it says

"The Top 10 percent of income earners paid 71% of federal Income Tax."

The truth shall set you free.

The rich are making lots of money and they are paying their - fair share - in taxes.

What are you nitpicking about?


----------
If you think that headline is bogus, go tell Media Matters. They might offer

you a job. This could be your first big scoop!

- A scandal was discovered on the ATS messageboard today.-


Why are you defending the rich???

As opposed to defending the middle class or the poor???


This is important. The rich are the capitalists.

They start up companies and grow the economy.

Growing the economy is a good thing.

We want the private sector to grow the economy not the government.
-----
It comes down to a simple question.

Are you a capitalist or an anticapitalist?

Think long. Think hard. Make your choice.



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


if youre going to do this black and white bull#
im calling anti capitalist
grab your gun friendo (by the looks of it civil war is coming)
edit on 23-2-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by DenyObfuscation
 


His data shows that the top 10% claimed in the OP...income starts at $113,000. That means that the top 10% is being taxed starting at the 28% tax rate which is where I started adding the IRS numbers from and I added in all the Capital Gains tax revenues to the 28% and higher because in all honesty I doubt anyone from the 25% or lower brackets has any capital gains taxes to pay, it's an assumption but it works toward the claim in the OP and still ends up with the top 10% paying less in taxes.

reply to post by Indigo5
 


It's a great chart but we're only talking about Federal Taxes. That's what the Op's claim is and that's the data I used to refute it.

reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


Yeah, that's what it says and it's wrong.


OK! Great! Pick up the phone and tell MSNBC and Media Matters today.

This could make the evening news! Expose the - hoax?- put forth by the Heritage

Foundation. This could be huge. Good luck. Just link this ATS thread to them.

The only person holding you back is yourself.



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by mastahunta

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by Kali74
 


Great screen grab. On the top it says

"The Top 10 percent of income earners paid 71% of federal Income Tax."

The truth shall set you free.

The rich are making lots of money and they are paying their - fair share - in taxes.

What are you nitpicking about?


----------
If you think that headline is bogus, go tell Media Matters. They might offer

you a job. This could be your first big scoop!

- A scandal was discovered on the ATS messageboard today.-


Why are you defending the rich???

As opposed to defending the middle class or the poor???


This is important. The rich are the capitalists.

They start up companies and grow the economy.

Growing the economy is a good thing.

We want the private sector to grow the economy not the government.
-----
It comes down to a simple question.

Are you a capitalist or an anticapitalist?

Think long. Think hard. Make your choice.


How about the people who spend their money with the company, which is where the money
comes from in the first place?

Are you anti capitalist?

How are companies going to survive if people do not have money to spend with the companies?


Think long. Think hard. Make your choice.




posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


if youre going to do this black and white bull#
im calling anti capitalist
grab your gun friendo (by the looks of it civil war is coming)
edit on 23-2-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)


Hell ya!

Fire up the ovens Clem!!!



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


No, you? I don't understand why you keep saying that to me. You're commenting on the same thread as I am, was I not supposed to question the data? Was I supposed to fall in line with you and yours? Sorry but I prefer the truth even if I don't like it. You would rather be fed lies apparently, sorry I upset your apple-cart.



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by mastahunta

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by Kali74
 


Great screen grab. On the top it says

"The Top 10 percent of income earners paid 71% of federal Income Tax."

The truth shall set you free.

The rich are making lots of money and they are paying their - fair share - in taxes.

What are you nitpicking about?


----------
If you think that headline is bogus, go tell Media Matters. They might offer

you a job. This could be your first big scoop!

- A scandal was discovered on the ATS messageboard today.-


Why are you defending the rich???

As opposed to defending the middle class or the poor???


This is important. The rich are the capitalists.

They start up companies and grow the economy.

Growing the economy is a good thing.

We want the private sector to grow the economy not the government.
-----
It comes down to a simple question.

Are you a capitalist or an anticapitalist?

Think long. Think hard. Make your choice.


How about the people who spend their money with the company, which is where the money
comes from in the first place?

Are you anti capitalist?

How are companies going to survive if people do not have money to spend with the companies?


Think long. Think hard. Make your choice.



Use General Electric as an example.

How are companies going to survive if people do not have money to spend with GE?

What does that mean?



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


They get Corporate Welfare, they'll be just fine.



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


No, you? I don't understand why you keep saying that to me. You're commenting on the same thread as I am, was I not supposed to question the data? Was I supposed to fall in line with you and yours? Sorry but I prefer the truth even if I don't like it. You would rather be fed lies apparently, sorry I upset your apple-cart.


It's not my thread.

I'm just saying if you have discovered a Heritage Foundation hoax that you should

go national and put out the - real?- numbers.

The Heritage Foundation shows that
The Top 10 percent of income earners pay 71% of the Federal Income Tax.

What is your number? 50% ---- 10%----2%?????????

When you crunch your number just send it to Media Matters and they will handle the

rest. Sounds easy. Good luck.



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74
 


I understand that this is confusing but if no one can directly refute this info



The top 10% earned 45.77% of the income, but paid 69.94% of all income taxes.


then it's clear that as a whole the top 10% pay a disproportionately high amount of the total income tax collected.



new topics

top topics



 
33
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

log in

join