It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't log into ATS from any other machine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I am really hoping that someone can shed some light on this for me..
I have:
-laptop
-desktop
-ps3
-smart phone
-girlfriends hp laptop and her macbook

Devices I can access ATS from:
-laptop

History:
my laptop is the device on which I first discovered ATS and first made an account. So here is the problem, when I go to log into my account Gwampo, none of the other devices other than this laptop will let me log on. They all say the same thing when I log in, incorrect password or incorrect username. Neither of which are incorrect because my username and password aren't longer than 6 characters lol... I have tried logging in SEVERAL times from all devices over the past 2 months or so. I have searched about the problem and most say to check my internet options "sites" or anti-virus software. I dont have anti-virus software on any of those things except the desktop, which allows it. Still the same problem.

can anyone help?? I just want to be able to log in from home!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

May I ask what browser you are using that is working?

Thanks,
OiO

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hi,
I hope someone is able to give you an answer to this problem.
I had the same problem with my account which was a few years old then one day it would not accept my password!!
Had to create a new account just to get logged in.
Good luck with your search.
Just to add I am using Chrome the same as I was before it all went silly.
edit on 21-2-2012 by sarkon because: More info

XL5

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
IMO the powers that be want to tie you to one computer so you are easier to track. Try using an outdated version of IE on the other devices LOL.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I just tried logging in from IE and couldn't get in. It only comes up in firefox. Haven't tried chrome, don't really like it.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

When using Firefox, is the password autosaved and already filled out when you go to log in? If that is the case, you could check and make sure the password is what you are remembering it should be. (I had this happen recently!) If you don't know how to do that, let me know & I'll U2U the instructions.

If you are typing in the password everytime, you might want to contact a mod/admin about the problem. Could be a hang in the system.

OiO

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

ingenious! I know how to do this but never thought to check so I checked the password and it is NOT what I originally set it as! but I have found the answer to my problem!

thank you!!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

YAY!!!! I'm so glad that worked!!! Now I'm doing the happy wiggle dance, cause I helped someone solve a problem today! (I'm a woman, so I'm allowed to do wiggle dances)

Thanks for letting me know!
OiO

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I am logged in and posting this from my phone as proof that it worked.
Thanks again!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
I am logged in and posting this from my phone as proof that it worked.
Thanks again!

You are so very welcome!

OiO

new topics

top topics

join