It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mc-Fetus comming to your local McDonalds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Ok I know that title is a little grose and also stretching the actual facts a little.

McDonalds been experimenting for years with growing burgermeat instead of killing animals. Seven months ago this thread by Klassified reportet that test-tube hamburgers only is a year away, so I thought it is about time we look a little closer on this "invention".

The reason's to grow meat is many, from ethical to pratical reasons, I'm not going to addres those here.

What I will do is tell you that the stem cells used to grow this meat is taken from cow fetuses, to me this sounds grose.

The technology open up some posibilities like adding genes from humans to make the end product is more compatible with human biology while avoiding any risk of allergies. This would certainly raise some new ethical questions.

The first ‘test-tube’ hamburger is only a year away, scientists claim.

They believe the product, beef mince grown from stem cells, could pave the way for eating meat without animals being slaughtered.

The Dutch scientists predict that over the next few decades the world’s population will increase so quickly that there will not be enough livestock to feed everyone. DailyMail

Test tube hamburgers made from thin strips of meat grown in a nutrient vat laced with bovine fetus stem cells.

The test tube meat strips actually pulsate and twitch during their laboratory growth phase, by the way, and they're ultimately ground up with strips of test tube fat grown in a similar way to produce a fatty hamburger-like substance. This has been accomplished by Professor Mark Post of Maastricht University in the Netherlands

And then, of course, it's only a matter of time before they start to genetically modify the test tube meat, perhaps using selected genes from the human genetic code to make the end product is more compatible with human biology while avoiding any risk of allergies. So then what do we have? Hybrid bovine / human meat.

See, modern science has already proven itself to be a pathetic collection of truly insane megalomaniacs who will gladly splice the genes of animals and insects into crops so that they can create vaccine crops, or vaccine-carrying mosquitoes, or goats that produce spider silk, or some other kind of monstrosity that serves the power-tripping globalists.

So I guess if you set up a test tube meat lab, splice together a bunch of genes from various species (humans, cows, dogs, insects, ogres, possums and Janet Napolitano) and then grow a vat of some sort of convulsing fibrous tissue that can be made into a 99-cent hamburger, then the great masses will eat it! Who cares what the tissues are floating in, right? NaturalNews

edit on 21-2-2012 by Mimir because: ..spelling

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
that's what i call a misleading title!

By the way this has been already posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-2-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

dude...nasty!

Wait... McD's uses real meat?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Biotech is a double edged sword. IMHO this is insanity.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

That thread eluded my search, feel free to lock down this one, even thou its another link and with a few ethical questions added.

edit on 21-2-2012 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

See, modern science has already proven itself to be a pathetic collection of truly insane megalomaniacs who will gladly splice the genes of animals and insects into crops so that they can create vaccine crops, or vaccine-carrying mosquitoes, or goats that produce spider silk, or some other kind of monstrosity that serves the power-tripping globalists.

I don't understand the negativity. This sounds like a great idea to me and a big step forward.

The gross factor is all in your mind. Take milk for example, on the surface, I can't think of anything grosser than juices milked from the teat of a cow, yet it's nice, and the gross part you put out of your mind and get over it.

As for the poisoning comments, if even 10% of the harm was being done that the conspiracy theorists think is being done, people would be dropping dead all over the place, with no one reaching the age of 30, and yet we're living longer lives than ever.

The only thing that's pathetic is this guy's closed-minded fear mongering.
edit on 21-2-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
There is an existing thread on this topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join