It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"...Now it's my turn!"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

...now it's my turn!

www.dailymail.co.uk

A 90-year-old man who was shot in the face by an alleged burglar has told how he returned fire saying: 'Now it’s my turn.'

Jay Leone of Greenbrae California told a court he didn't even realize he had been shot when he blasted his alleged attacker.

'To tell you the truth, I never felt a thing,' he said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 21/2/2012 by kosmicjack because: shortened title to remove foul language/ censor circumvention

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Spunky ole dude!
This is he good side of the 2nd amendment.....somebody who is defenseless is able to withstand depredation by a criminal intent of doing harm.....
Too many sad endings these days....people seem to have lost the will to fight for survival....even in the most common situations.I hope we can all gather a lesson from this article.
Samuel Colt would be proud....(he made all men equal)
This guy is alive, and well, and it just might not have been such a happy ending.....
Kudos to old dude!

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
So... They both got shot?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Just goes to show..1.) don't mess with old folk and 2.) make sure your shooting counts.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
ay,alas. a true warrior!
leave it to the elderly to stay and fight. been around the block a few times eh!
he probably served his country.
not like the cowards who do drive by's.
good job gramps,one for the good guys!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
ay,alas. a true warrior

Wow wEIRD! I was thinking "this guy is a true warrior!" before i even read this post! amazing

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Wow! This is completely awesome! I kind of wish he was my grandfather

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Watch out for the old guys! Last summer I had a kid start up with a buddy and I at a bar because he thought my buddy stole his cigs (he does not smoke) Three times he returned to our table with his BS. the thrid time I stood up and asked him in a firm tone to leave us to our dinner. He turned made one step while saying "better sit down and shut up old man".

I think what set me off was the old man comment. I hit him across the forehead with a beer bottle so fast all he could do was back up and cover up his face. I was careful to only split the skin on his forehead as I did not want to truly injure him.

About a week later he showed up with six friends. I got prepared for a real fight but instead he came in the bar with his friends and apologized for being an ass. I was in disbelief and asked him why all the friends. His reply was "I did not want to get hit again and I was totally out of line. I bought him a beer for being a man about it but not before telling him that were I 20 years older I would have just shot him in the kneecap.

The moral of the story is that sometimes the only thing that sets people straight is a good old butt kicking. Sadly these days so much as raising a finger in self defense can get you jailed. A person is supposed to wait until hit first to hit back, and then only at an equal level of force. Had I waited for that 23 year old kid to hit me first I may not have been able to prevent getting hurt myself.

So good on the old man for shooting his attacker.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
One must balance this news with the other report of the old dude who shot his pistola into the ground to scare a burglar exitting his neighbours basement window....
he Held the would be robber, for police, and it turned out his own place had also been burgalled by the same guy......
Police then arrested him on the spot for reckless endangerment!!!!!!!!!
TRUE

top topics

join