It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quran Burning: Angry Afghans Protest Disposal Of Islamic Books At U.S. Air Base In Kabul

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Meanwhile , Obama sings again

www.washingtonpost.com...

And

NATO strike wounds nine schoolgirls in Afghanistan
english.al-akhbar.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Another "innocent" mistake by the military. This added to the gitmo incident, desecrating the dead and the nazi flag hiccup and it's looking less innocent and more like a "mindset" unfortunately. Having spent many years in foreign countries interacting with the nationals, their biggest complaint is that many feel americans are loud, rude and disrespectful. Incidents like these tend to inflame those sentiments even more. How many of these stories are going to come out? How many times are we going to chalk this up to "these were the acts of "individuals". The military as a whole has zero tolerance for..." blah, blah, blah? The military leaders should be careful the role they are "choosing" to play. When your kids are blatantly out of control, one needs to look to the parents. These leaders are happy to play the role as "parents" to thousands of troops, but they don't want to take the responsibility for it when their "kids" run amuck. These troops joined the military for the greater good (whatever that greater good may be, personal or national), love of God (higher power) and Country is shoved down their throats. The greatest nation on earth and all that yadda. These young kids begin to puff their chests out. They are part of something, a brotherhood. I know. I felt the same way.

The Airman's Creed[1]

I am an American Airman. I am a Warrior. I have answered my Nation’s call.
I am an American Airman. My mission is to Fly, Fight, and Win. I am faithful to a Proud Heritage, A Tradition of Honor, And a Legacy of Valor.
I am an American Airman. Guardian of Freedom and Justice, My Nation’s Sword and Shield, Its Sentry and Avenger. I defend my Country with my Life.
I am an American Airman. Wingman, Leader, Warrior. I will never leave an Airman behind, I will never falter, And I will not fail.

EVERY member of the USAF must memorize and recite upon command, The Airmen's Creed. When you are standing with your brothers and sisters in arms reciting this together, it's a powerful feeling. It makes you feel like you REALLY are fighting the good fight...until you realize that you aren't.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that the individuals we SEE in these pictures and reports are just the FACE of the problem. The sons and daughters of our nation. The ones who FEEL the creed. The TRUE problem is military leadership. The ones who shape and enforce the policies. The ones who sit in their office watching the news reports about these attrocities and drafting up statements about how the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Sorry if this is so long but I feel like I have to speak out because when the Nazi flag thread went up, I basically posted a "it's just a bunch of silly kids" excuse but damn, how many times can I use that excuse without it just sounding...like I'm trying to brush it off or making light of it.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
If it is so sacred why don't we use the books as body armor? No one will shoot at us! Genious.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It appears that the Quran's were shown to local religious leaders to let them see the messages written in them. Since writing in the Quran is forbidden, the Quran's would have been burned anyway had they been given to them.

Just goes to show the lunacy and the lunatics involved.

Perhaps if I sent them a few cases of Bibles to burn they would calm down a bit? I doubt any Christians would care and if it worked, so much the better.

Substituting a book for God. Amazing. I'll never understand why the real Muslims don't stand up and take their Faith back from the radicals. It must be fear.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Just another example of how religion instigates time and time again. Just a book, not worth one human life, these people need to get a grip on reality. Dont get me wrong all you Muslims out there, Christians have their own nut jobs to deal with, like Rick Santorum, if it was up to people like these we would still be crucifying people.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

I have no problem with spreading the idea of the Constitution around, but I think we go about it the wrong way. The idea of America is very likeable, but bombing to democratize does no good. It shouldn't be forced, but realized naturally. When ideas are realized naturally to a country's citizens, it more likely to take. I truly believe that human beings deserve the rights to live how they want and that if change were to come, it shouldn't be forced down their throats. By doing what we do, we are polarizing factions within the Middle East. Also, if we didn't do all the behind the scenes meddling, then we could actually be on the moral high ground and not just claim.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Simply put, I can't wait until we outlaw religion. Belief in something so utterly retarded that has resulted in billions of deaths should be punishable by death.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Yea......another tolerant reaction by the adherants of "The Relgion of Peace". What hogwash. Aren't we all just a little tired of making concessions and bending over backwards to keep from insulting muslims when they show no respect for others or inclination to reciprocate?

It was a mistake....get over it.

edit on 23-2-2012 by Hugues de Payens because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2012 by Hugues de Payens because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
Just another example of how religion instigates time and time again. Just a book, not worth one human life, these people need to get a grip on reality. Dont get me wrong all you Muslims out there, Christians have their own nut jobs to deal with, like Rick Santorum, if it was up to people like these we would still be crucifying people.

Crucifixion was a Roman, pagan custom(same as witch burning originated in Pagan Rome). But then again the Roman Crucifixion was probably preferable to the Pagan, Viking spread eagle method of execution...

I wouldn't be as upset with militant atheist's if you at-least knew your stuff. But sadly, like every other militant atheist/militant secularist, your intellectually bankrupt and without a wit to tinkle in.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Simply put, I can't wait until we outlaw religion. Belief in something so utterly retarded that has resulted in billions of deaths should be punishable by death.

Marxism caused more deaths then any of the Abrahamic religions*.

* I of my own opinion reject the notion that islam is an Abrahamic religion.
As it fails the lie test.
In Christianity and Judaism a lie is a lie. In islam a lie is a lie unless it is for the benefit of islam.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join