It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conspiratorial History of Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Another later source, this time British better describes the area where the sacred Mummy is found...

Travels in Various Countries of the East more particularly Persia. Vol 2
By William Ouseley (1811)
(Transcribed from Google books - I won't include the link, because Googlebook links are always to long and therefore seldom work, but the title and author can be searched)

P117 – We left Khesweh, early on the twenty-fifth, and at one mile and half from the village (which belongs to the territory Darabgerd), I sketched Kuh Mumiay or “Mummy Mountain”...It is rendered an interesting object only by the extraordinary substance produced in it’s internal cavaties, the Mumiay, or Mummy, a blackish, bituminous matter, which oozes from the rock, and is considered by the Persians as far more precious than gold, for it heals cuts and bruises...cause fractured bone to unite in a few minutes...taken inwardly it is a sovereign remedy for many diseases.

P477 – Chardin mentions two mines or sources that produce it; one in Kirman, the other in Khurasan; and the Persians affirm, adds he, that the prophet Daniel instructed then in preparing and using this admirable drug. Father Angelo describes the precious mummy which oozes out of the mountain near Lar, and of which half a drachm suffices to render sound and perfect in twenty four hours, the limbs of any person fallinf from an eminence. Dr Fryer in his travels, speaks of a mountain in Derab from which issues the “the Possasphaltum of Dioscordides, or natural mummy, into a large stone tank or store-house sealed with the King’s seal...though it be death of discovered...many shepherds following their flocks on these mountains, by chance light on great portions of the same balsam and offer it to passenger to sale, and sometimes play the cheat in adulterating it.”

As well as on the etymology of the name, Mummy

P118 – According to the Sur al beldan (a work of the tenth century) there was in the territory of Darabgerd a mountain with a excavation yeilding the Mummy which was gathered for the King...”and this is the true unadulterated Mummy...that sent to the King from any other place is altogether spurious, and has not in it’s composition any real Mummy; in the vicinity of this cavern there is a village called Ayin (or rather Ayi) the name of which has been compounded with Mum or “wax” to form the word Mum-i-ayi or “wax of that village.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
All the more interesting, as Hanslune alerted me to in another thread, at this very spot there is a stone circle, suggesting that this wonderous substance has it's origins much, much further back than even Strabo...though the source of the information on the linked site is Ouseley's book...there is an illustration...

“The circle of stones at Darab is surrounded by a wide and deep ditch and a high bank of earth; there is a central stone, and a single upright stone at some distance from the main group. The resemblance of the circle at Darab to the general arrangement of Stonehenge, and other similar monuments of Europe, led Sir William Ouseley to the natural conclusion that a “British antiquary might be almost authorized to pronounce it Druidical, according to the general application of the word among us.” At Darab there is a peculiarity which isnot found at Stonehenge, at least in its existing state. Under several of the stones there are recesses, or small caverns. In this particular, and in the general rudeness of its construction, the circle of Darab resembles the Druidical circle of Jersey ([Fig.] 9), although the circle there is very much smaller, and the stones of very inconsiderable dimensions,—a copy in miniature of such vast works as those of Stonehenge and Avebury.” (p. 6)

www.fromoldbooks.org...
edit on 22-2-2012 by Biliverdin because: (no reason given)

Despite searching using various phrases, I can find no other reference to this stone circle other than Ouseley...if anyone can help me with that, I would be hugely appreciative

edit on 22-2-2012 by Biliverdin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
So having established that the ancients had discovered naturally, rock filtered petroleum derivative, and that those sources were documented in a number of classical texts...as well as in the annals of early scientific discovery and exploration...we can then take a little historical look at the tapping of such resources...

Yet despite its usefulness, for thousands of years petroleum was very scarce. People collected it when it bubbled to the surface or seeped into wells. For those digging wells to get drinking water the petroleum was seen as a nuisance. However, some thought the oil might have large scale economic value. George Bissell, a lawyer, thought that petroleum might be converted into kerosene for use in lamps. An analysis by Benjamin Silliman, Jr., a Yale chemistry and geology professor, confirmed his hunch.

In 1854 Bissell and a friend formed the unsuccessful Pennsylvania Rock Oil Company. Not one to be easily dismayed, in 1858 Bissell and a group of business men formed the Seneca Oil Company. They hired an ex-railroad conductor named Edwin Drake to drill for oil along a secluded creek in Titusville Pennsylvania. They soon dubbed him "Colonel" Drake to impress the locals. But the "Colonel" needed help so he hired Uncle Billy Smith and his two sons who had experience with drilling salt wells. In 1859 this motley crew found oil at a depth of 69 ½ feet.

In contrast, "Colonel" Drake was committed to the oil business. He scoured the country looking for customers willing to buy his crude oil. However, the bad smell, muddy black color, and highly volatile component, called naphtha, caused few sales. It became obvious that one would have to refine the oil to find a market.

www.pafko.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
And then of how that developed into large scale exploitation of those resources...

Andrew Carnegie was a large stockholder in the Columbia Oil Company. Carnegie believed that the oil fields would quickly run dry because of all the drilling. He persuaded Columbia Oil to dig a huge hole to store 100,000 barrels of oil so that they could make a killing when the country's wells went dry. Luckily there was more oil than they thought! But don't feel too sorry for Carnegie, he didn't let the setback slow him down very much, and went on to make his millions in the steel industry.

Kerosene was so valuable because of a whale shortage that had began in 1845 due to heavy hunting. Sperm oil had been the main product of the whaling industry and was used in lamps. Candles were made with another whale product called "spermaceti". This shortage of natural sources meant that kerosene was in great demand. Almost all the families across the country started using kerosene to light their homes. However, the naphtha and tar fractions were seen as valueless and were simply dumped into Oil Creek. (I would like to point out that these first refineries were not operated by chemical engineers!)

Later these waste streams were converted into valuable products. In 1869 Robert Chesebrough discovered how to make petroleum jelly and called his new product Vaseline. The heavy components began being used as lubricants, or as waxes in candles and chewing gum. Tar was used as a roofing material. But the more volatile components were still without much value. Limited success came in using gasoline as a local anesthetic and liquid petroleum gas (LPG) in a compression cycle to make ice. The success in refined petroleum products greatly spread the technique. By 1865 there were 194 refineries in operation.

In 1862 John D. Rockefeller financed his first refinery as a side investment. He soon discovered that he liked the petroleum industry, and devoted himself to it full time. As a young bookkeeper Rockefeller had come to love the order of a well organized ledger. However, he was appalled by the disorder and instability of the oil industry. Anyone could drill a well, and overproduction plagued the early industry. At times this overproduction meant that the crude oil was cheaper than water. Rockefeller saw early on, that refining and transportation, as opposed to production, were the keys to taking control of the industry. And control the industry he did!

In 1870 he established Standard Oil, which then controlled 10% of the refining capacity in the country. Transportation often encompassed 20% of the total production cost and Rockefeller made under-the-table deals with railroads to give him secret shipping rebates. This cheap transportation allowed Standard to undercut its competitors and Rockefeller expanded aggressively, buying out competitors left and right. Soon standard built a network of "iron arteries" which delivered oil across the Eastern U.S. This pipeline system relieved Standard's dependence upon the railroads and reduced its transportation costs even more. By 1880 Standard controlled 90% of the country's refining capacity. Because of its massive size, it brought security and stability to the oil business, guaranteeing continuous profits. With Standard Oil, John D. Rockefeller became the richest person in the World.

www.pafko.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Biliverdin

Thanks for digging up more information on the railroads. It looks like a herculean feat that history has forgotten somehow. The connections to the oil industries are interesting and no doubt are affecting politics up to the current day.
The same geopolitical game is being played by the British/Russia and the US with China as the new wildcard. I think they will rather help to balance control of the region given their new dependence on Iranian oil and LP gas.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I'm still trying to work out what the motives are. The religious extremism is a problem, a created problem in some cases, we know that the Madrassa's were funded by the Saudis, via the British. We know that elements within Mossad were set up by the British. We know that Al Qaida was set up by the CIA. Etc. Now, it is possible that what we are seeing is an attempt to right those wrongs, and that perhaps that is why the Iranians are so confident in their position. But why is the US so hell bent on disseminating anti Iranian propaganda? I suspect that whatever is going on behind closed doors, is little different from what occurred to put us in this position in the first place. And those roots go back as far as the Indian Mutiny (at least), and the formation of the first Mujahideen. The British certainly have worked very hard at maintaining the current instability, and while I am sure there is a reason, I am not sure of it's 'goodness'. The Military-Industrial Complex is as powerful as it has ever been, if not more so, perhaps the British are defending against that. Or perhaps they, or the City are behind that. Until there is a little more honesty, and I am not holding my breath, we cannot decide. But I am still digging....

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Biliverdin

It's all about the balance of power, between nations, between tribes, between religious factions. Always keeping an internal opposition inside those who are your trading "partners" and enemies.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
It's all about the balance of power, between nations, between tribes, between religious factions. Always keeping an internal opposition inside those who are your trading "partners" and enemies.

You know, in a way, I wish you were right, but with the greatest respect, that's dog #. It's about money. No honour, no glory. Just plain profiteering. End of.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

You know, in a way, I wish you were right, but with the greatest respect, that's dog #. It's about money. No honour, no glory. Just plain profiteering. End of.

My phrasing didn't communicate my meaning very well, lol. I agree with you - it;s about keeping the balance of power in their favor to facilitate corporate profits. Divide and conquer works for economics too.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Here is something else that people need to be concerned with about Iran.

A possible link to Iran funding Anonymous?

If Iran is capale of shutting down internet connections that target core SSL protocol one has to wonder if Anonymous is not on the payroll of Iran in attacking the internet systems around the world.

Remember when Iran blamed the U.S. for hacking into its systems a few years ago? I am going to have to say that Iran lied about that incident as well.

If Iran has the ability to block the internet from 30 million Iranians targeting the SSL Protocol then how easy woul it be for them to launch a hacker attack against theirself and then blame America for the action?

The world knows Iran is led by a despotic leader who use any all means necessary to continue to be the Emporer of Iran including hacking into their own nuclear systems planting a virus and saying that it was someone else.

Nothing but delusions come from the leadership of Iran. After all hasn't Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has continued to say that the Holocausts never occured when in fact the Holocaust did occur?

This use of subterfuge in trying to make the rest of the world think that an event did not occur also paints the truth that Iran would use such subterfuge in trying to make others think that America hacked into their systems and placed a virus in their computer systems when in fact America did not.

All lies lead to the leader needing to continue to lie to create the air of illusion around them to keep their people confused.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Excellent thread is excellent! Your thread should be stickied to the front page of ATS.

There is a wikipedia paged dedicated to The 1941 Anglo-Soviet Invasion of Iran!
en.wikipedia.org...

The Allies had occupied neutral Iran by military force in 1941 and did not leave until 1946. After the war the Soviets were reluctant to withdraw troops from Iran citing security threats.

When the deadline for withdrawal arrived on March 2, 1946, six months after the end of World War II hostilities, the British began to withdraw, but Moscow refused, "citing threats to Soviet security."
Soviet troops did not withdraw from Iran proper until May, 1946 following Iran's official complaint to the newly-formed United Nations Security Council, which became the first complaint filed by a country in the U.N.'s history, and a test for the UN's effectiveness in resolving global issues in the aftermath of World War II. However, the UNSC took no direct steps in pressuring the Soviets to withdraw.

And there is a wiki page dedicated to the 1946 Iran/UN crisis.

In 1941 Iran had been jointly invaded and occupied by the Allied powers of Soviet Red Army in the north and by the British in the center and south. Iran was used as a transportation route to provide vital supplies to the Soviet allies during the War.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 2/22/2012 by SayonaraJupiter because: tags bloody tags

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Iran was a big topic at the U.N. in 1946. This really puts things into historical perspective.
3 out of the first 10 U.N. Resolutions were about Iran.
en.wikipedia.org...

United Nations Security Council Resolution 2

United Nations Security Council Resolution 2, adopted on January 30, 1946, encouraged Iran and the Soviet Union to resolve their conflict concerning Soviet troops occupying Iranian territory. The Security Council requested to be updated on negotiations between the two sides at any time.
The resolution was adopted unanimously.

United Nations Security Council Resolution 3

United Nations Security Council Resolution 3, adopted on April 4, 1946, acknowledged that the Soviet troops in Iran could not be removed in time to meet their deadline under the Tri-Partite Treaty but requested the Soviet Union remove them as fast as possible and that no member state in any way retard this process. If any developments threaten the withdrawal of troops, the Security Council requested to be informed.
The resolution was adopted by 9 votes, with Australia present and not voting, and the USSR absent.

United Nations Security Council Resolution 5

United Nations Security Council Resolution 5, adopted on May 8, 1946, deferred decisions on Soviet troops in Iran until the Iranian government had time to confer with the Soviet Union and submit a report to the UN regarding all information about Soviet troops in their country.
The resolution was adopted with 10 votes, while the USSR was absent.

Interesting factoid:

On September 11, 1947, US ambassador George V. Allen publicly decried intimidation and coercion used by foreign governments to secure commercial concessions in Iran, and promised full US support for Iran to freely decide about its own natural resources. Source George Lenczowski, American Presidents and the Middle East, (1990), p. 7-13

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Many thanks for the replies, and I will respond, but I'm not feeling too well today and must reserve my limited brain capacity for work related matters...unfortunately. But please, please do, feel free to talk amongst yourself in the meantime.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dryson
Here is something else that people need to be concerned with about Iran.

A possible link to Iran funding Anonymous?

If Iran is capale of shutting down internet connections that target core SSL protocol one has to wonder if Anonymous is not on the payroll of Iran in attacking the internet systems around the world.

I think that if Iran were funding Anonymous, Anonymous would likely be anonymous. But anything is possible.

Originally posted by Dryson
Remember when Iran blamed the U.S. for hacking into its systems a few years ago? I am going to have to say that Iran lied about that incident as well.

I don't think that Iran is any less, or more, likely to lie or tell the truth than the US is. Intelligence games, especially when it comes to Black Propaganda are played by all sides, including those who have the most to benefit from Iran and the US going head to head. There are plenty of nations who would quite happily see those two nations mutually destroyed and then go in and scavenge the booty.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
what about the SECOND coupe of Iran? The Islamic revolution that was sponsored by Western powers such as the UK and France? Why is the Wests' involvement in the Islamic revolution even a bigger secret than anything you posted?

Indeed, and having dug some, I am not finding anything conclusive, or even remotely indicative of collusion. Cards seem to have been kept so close to the chest that there hasn't been any leakage at all. Nothing obvious online anyway...perhaps in print, but I'm not inclined towards anymore book buying until I have read my already massive back-log. Anyhow, from what I have read, I am suspecting that it has very much to do with the formation of OPEC, one way or another...

OPEC's influence on the market has been widely criticized, since it became effective in determining production and prices. Arab members of OPEC alarmed the developed world when they used the “oil weapon” during the Yom Kippur War by implementing oil embargoes and initiating the 1973 oil crisis. Although largely political explanations for the timing and extent of the OPEC price increases are also valid, from OPEC’s point of view[citation needed], these changes were triggered largely by previous unilateral changes in the world financial system and the ensuing period of high inflation in both the developed and developing world. This explanation encompasses OPEC actions both before and after the outbreak of hostilities in October 1973, and concludes that “OPEC countries were only 'staying even' by dramatically raising the dollar price of oil.”[5]

en.wikipedia.org...

And I further suspect that Khomenei was a very clever man, who was either playing both sides, or was incredibly aware of the fact that the intelligence agencies of both the US and the UK would have infiltrated all the major anti-Shah opposition groups.

OPEC policies that discouraged infighting among members in order to create a united front to best take advantage of the oil boom. OPEC had Iran and Iraq sat down and made to work aside differences, which resulted in relatively good relations between the two nations throughout the 1970s. In 1978 the Shah made a request to then-Vice President Saddam Hussein to banish the expatriate Ayatollah Khomenei from Iraq, who had been living there in exile for the past 15 years. In light of keeping up good relations with Iran and that Khomenei was not overly supportive of the current Iraqi regime, Hussein agreed to do this. From this point Khomenei moved to France where he better coordinated the nascent Islamic Revolution.

The clergy were divided, allying variously with the liberals, Marxists and Islamists. The various anti-Shah groups operated from outside Iran, mostly in London, Paris, Iraq, and Turkey. Speeches by the leaders of these groups were placed on audio cassettes to be smuggled into Iran. Khomeini, who was in exile in Iraq, worked to unite clerical and secular, liberal and radical opposition under his leadership[90] by avoiding specifics — at least in public — that might divide the factions.[91]

(emphasis mine)

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 25-2-2012 by Biliverdin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Post revolution it gets very interesting, which again indicates that Khomeni, or someone else, had supported the goals of some of those factions, but didn't want those factions to subsequently have too much of a hold once the revolution had succeeded...

The Islamist groups that ultimately prevailed were the loyal followers of Ayatollah Khomeini. They included some minor armed Islamist groups which joined together after the revolution in the Mojahedin of the Islamic Revolution Organization. The Coalition of Islamic Societies was founded by religious bazaaris[2] (traditional merchants). The Combatant Clergy Association comprised Morteza Motahhari, Ayatollah Mohammad Beheshti, Mohammad-Javad Bahonar, Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani and Mofatteh who later became the major governors of Islamic Republic. They used a cultural approach to fight the Shah.
Because of internal repression, opposition groups abroad, like the Confederation of Iranian students, the foreign branch of Freedom Movement of Iran and the Islamic association of students, were important to the revolution.

en.wikipedia.org...

Almost immediately, assassinations start to take place, removing those factional leaders...

On May 1, 1979 Murtaza Motahhari was assassinated by gunshot by a member of the Furqan Group after leaving a late meeting at the house of Yadollah Sahabi. Ordibehesht 12 (1 or 2 May), the Persian date on which Murtaza Motahhari was assassinated, is celebrated as "Teachers Day" in Iran.

Murtaza Motahhari is the father in law of Iran's former secretary of National Security Council Ali Larijani. It was by Motahhari's advice that Larijani switched from Computer Science to Western Philosophy for graduate school.
In honor of Murtaza Motahhari, a major street in Tehran (Takhte Tavoos--Peacock Throne in English) was named after him upon his death shortly after the Iranian revolution in 1979. Murtaza Motahhari Street connects Sohrevardi Street and Vali Asr Street, two major streets in Tehran.

en.wikipedia.org...

On 27th of Azar 1358 (18 December 1979) at half past nine A.M, when Dr. Mofateh with his two guards (Asghar Nematy and Javad Bahmany) were in front of the building of Theology University, he was shot at four times. The bullets went through his head, shoulder, hands and knees. He was taken to Ayatollah Taleghany Hospital where he died at 12 a.m., on 27th Azar, 1358 (18 December 1979).

In the morning of 28th Azar (19 December 1979) his body with those of his guards were escorted from mosque of university passing the American espionage then was carried to Qom and was buried there in the court yard of Hazrat Masoomeh (SA)‘s holy shrine. He has written many books among which we can refer to the Translation of Tafsir Kabir Majmaolbayan, The way of thinking on logic.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
And then...

Beheshti died in terrorist attack on June 28, 1981, when a bomb exploded during a party conference (Hafte tir bombing). The Islamic Republic at first claimed the bomb was planted by the Tudeh Party, then by the People's Mujahedin of Iran organization. The assassin was identified, so the official version, as Mohammad Reza Kolahi, an operative of the People's Mujahedin of Iran.[1]

Ayatollah Khomeini was very moved by his death. During the excavations of the bodies of the bombing victims, Khomeini was walking calmly in the garden of his house. Regularly his trustees would update the Ayatollah with new information on the death toll, Khomeini would not show any physical reaction to this although he was moved. But when they told Khomeini about the possible death of Ayatollah Beheshti, Khomeini turned around put his hands on his back and showed signs of extreme affection.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

When Rajai became President on 4 August 1981, he chose Bahonar as his prime minister.
After Mohammad Beheshti was assassinated on 28 June 1981, Bahonar became the secretary-general of the Islamic Republic party, but he didn't last long in that position, nor in the position of Prime Minister, as he was assassinated after less than two months in these offices, along with Rajai and other party leaders, when a bomb exploded at his office in Tehran. The assassin was identified as Massoud Kashmiri, an operative of The People's Mujahedin of Iran (also known as the MKO, MEK and PMOI), who had infiltrated the Prime Minister's office in the guise of a state security official.

en.wikipedia.org...

In fact, apart from Khomeni himself, the only survivor of those original leaders of the revolution is this man...

Akbar Hashemi, Hashemi Bahramani هاشمی بهرمانی, born August 25, 1934) is an influential Iranian politician and writer, who was the fourth President of Iran. He was a member of the Assembly of Experts until his resignation in 2011 [4] (a deliberative body of Mujtahids that is charged with electing, monitoring, and dismissing the Supreme Leader of Iran). Despite his resignation from the Assembly of Experts, he continues to hold his position as the Chairman of the Expediency Discernment Council of Iran (an unelected administrative assembly that resolves legislative conflicts between the Majlis (Parliament) and the Council of Guardians).

Rafsanjani served as President of Iran from 1989 to 1997. In 2005 he ran for a third term in office, placing first in the first round of elections but ultimately losing to rival Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in the run-off round of the 2005 election. He was also elected as the Chairman of Iranian parliament in 1980 and served until 1989. In 1980, Rafsanjani survived an assassination attempt, during which he was seriously injured.

Rafsanjani has been described as a centrist and a "pragmatic conservative". He supports a free market position domestically, favoring privatization of state-owned industries, and a moderate position internationally, seeking to avoid conflict with the United States and the West.[5]

en.wikipedia.org...

All the intellectuals of the movement gone, in one single blast.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Any other potential leaders were gradually picked off in the subsequent two years that followed the Hafte tir bombing.

Who then was responsible for the bombing, that presumably would give us a clue as to who backed Khomeni...

Khomeini accused the PMOI of responsibility and, according to BBC journalist Baqer Moin, the Mujahedin were "generally perceived as the culprits" for the bombing in Iran.[9] The Mujahedin never publicly confirmed or denied any responsibility for the deed, but stated the attack was `a natural and necessary reaction to the regime's atrocities.` The bomber was identified as a young student [10] and Mujahedin operative[citation needed] by the name of Mohammad Reza Kolahi, who had secured a job in the building disguised as a sound engineer.[11] He was never found[citation needed] and no group or person has ever accepted the responsibility or been put on trial for this bombing. This has led to conspiracy theories by some who claim that the bombing was motivated by an internal power struggle and perpetrated by a faction within the Iranian ruling party. IRP was eventually dissolved because of these polarizations.[12] Another conspiracy theory maintains that only state-backed organizations could ever acquire such a powerful bomb and points the finger at Israel's Mossad.[citation needed]

Assassinations of "leading officials and active supporters of the regime by the Mujahedin were to continue for the next year or two," though they failed to overthrow the government. [13] Two months after Hafte tir on August 30, another bomb was detonated killing the President Rajai and Premier Mohammad Javad Bahonar. An active member of the Mujahedin, Massoud Kashmiri, was identified as the perpetrator, and according to reports came close to killing the entire government including Khomeini.[14] The reaction following both bombings was intense with many arrests and executions of Mujahedin and other leftist groups.[15]

en.wikipedia.org...

Again, hardly conclusive information, and as clearly indicated, those claims lack any verifiable citation or source. Not helpful, but definately suspicious...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
According to all the 'respected' sources, the suspected culprit, Mohammad Reza Kolahi, fled to France and promptly disappeared, never to be seen again...according to this Iranian Rights site however, he was executed in 1987 on unspecified charges...

The execution of Mr. Mohammad Reza Kolahi, son of Ahmad and resident of Shiraz, along with fifteen others, was reported in the Kayhan newspaper on September 26, 1987. The newspaper reported: “The Islamic Revolutionary Prosecutor’s Office in Sistan and Baluchestan Province issued the sentences in order to fight imperialism and the enemies of Islam, and convicted 6 American mercenaries who fought the Islamic Republic of Iran through spreading addiction and narcotics… The Prosecutor of Sistan and Baluchestan thanked the forces of the police and the Islamic Revolutionary Committees, who worked day and night in order to arrest the abovementioned individuals, and he warned the deceived mercenaries to surrender themselves to the forces of Islam before it is too late and not bring about dishonor and shame for themselves and their families.”

www.iranrights.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
So, thinks me, what about the organisation that, according to wikipedia, he was working for, and that were initially at least blamed by the Western media for the bombing...and again, information is thin, and not without clear bias...but...

On Tuesday, the spokesperson of the Iraqi defense ministry, General Mohammed al-Askari, said that the three former members of Iran’s anti-Islamic-regime terrorist organization, Mujahedin-e-Khalq (MKO), escaped from Camp Ashraf, the terrorist group’s headquarters in Iraq, and surrendered to the Iraqi security forces.

The MKO was created to destablize the Islamic Revolution (1979) from within Iran. The terrorist group has been suppoerted by Saddam Hussein, Israelis, Americans, French and several other anti-Islamic regime groups.

This article is clearly far from being without bias though.

After the occupation of Iraq by US and its allied forces, MKO was allowed to maintain its military training at Camp Ashraf, named after Princess Ashraf, the King Reza Shah’s twin sister, a once-sinister figure known as Iran’s “black panther”. Al-Maliki government in Baghdad had promised to shut-down the camp in the past as result of protests from Tehran but failed to do so under Washington’s (aka Jewish Lobby) pressure.

rehmat2.wordpress.com...

No mention here of the bombing in '81, but seemingly the same group.

And then this...

According to the investigative journalist Seymour Hersh, former Jundallah's leader Abdolmalek Rigi had received great amounts of money and military training from the United States. In his confessions which were aired on several TV channels around the world, Rigi revealed upon being arrested by the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps that he has been under the patronage of the United States for a long time and received weaponry, military training and money from the US-linked sources in Pakistan and Afghanistan on a regular basis. In a New Yorker article dated July 7, 2008, Hersh wrote that " The CIA and Special Operations communities also have long-standing ties to two other dissident groups in Iran: the Mujahideen-e-Khalq, known in the West as the MEK, and a Kurdish separatist group, the Party for a Free Life in Kurdistan, or PJAK."

Hersh revealed that supporting Rigi, MKO and PJAK was only a single part of United States' anti-Iranian agenda which was initiated during the Bush administration: "Late last year, Congress agreed to a request from President Bush to fund a major escalation of covert operations against Iran, according to current and former military, intelligence, and congressional sources. These operations, for which the President sought up to four hundred million dollars, were described in a Presidential Finding signed by Bush, and are designed to destabilize the country's religious leadership."

With the sponsorship of the United States, Jundallah had previously carried out a series of atrocious, bloody massacres in Iran which claimed the lives of 165 Iranians, including several police forces and IRGC commanders. The December 14, 2010 bombing in Chabahar in which 39 Iranian citizens were martyred while attending a mourning ceremony for Imam Hussein (PBUH) was the latest felony carried out by this terrorist gang.

www.presstv.ir...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join