It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation prophecy; the futility of date-setting

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mystery_Lady
I haven't read the entire post yet. His really hit a nerve.

That particular poster was obsessively Roman Catholic to the point of irritation. I can't remember whether this was the lady from Argentina, or whether that was somebody else.

In the Bible, can't remember where think in Matthew, the end times will be like the days of Noah before the flood. They were happy, getting married, living life as normal, ridiculed Noah not believing him. Then the flood came hitting them unexpectedly. I don't know if it rained and the water built up or if it was more like a flash flood or tusami taking everything out at once.

Yes, Matthew ch24 vv36-39. I think the point is sudden end to normal life, rather than specifically sudden end by flood.

When it does it is going to be the worst time in history for the church. There will never be a time like before or after. I'm thinking it will be worse than the holocaust.

Indeed. I've done a whole thread series on Revelation.
Revelation Project complete
edit on 3-10-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Thank you for replying to me. Didn't realize the thread started back in 2012.

Grew up Roman Catholic left after I found out it was not Biblical. My mom followed and gound her faith and help in time of need.

Anyhow somehow I don't think we are close. According to Jonathan Cahn book Paradigm God told him he put Trump in power. kim Clement who died before Trump came in office basically said the same thing. Cahn relates Trump to Jheu and Hillary to Jesabel. Seems like we are repeating the old testament. Probably for another thread.

People are still looking for Jesus return. Some diligently. Matthew can't happn yet.

Was it the beast that sat at the base on 7 hills? That always got me to thinking it was the Vatican. The Vatican is a political power that has its claws in just about every nation. It is also a religion and one that drank the blood of saints for years especially during the inquisition.

Earlier in the thread I believe you asked how can the beast turn on the harlot? By turining against it's own doctrin. Replacing Jesus with Mary. Years ago I remember the Catholic Church becoming more inclusive of other religions. Once I read about that I was so glad I got out.

It almost seems if the Vatican Pope wants to stay in power it will have to be more inclusive. Maybe it will come to the point it will change it's religion to fit the one world religion Revelations mentions.

A little off topic maybe, Paple prophecy. Supposedly a preist way back when got a revelation from God about how many popes there would be. The last Pope would be the antichrist. Mom told me that there were set number of frames the vatican set up just for this prophecy. Supposedly every pope came to pass as in the prophecy. God can talk to anyone.

The past pope retired and cut his position short which is in the prophecy. There may be a false Pope who may be in place now. The next Pope will be the antichrist.

Have to retire early.

As I said thank you for replying.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mystery_Lady
Was it the beast that sat at the base on 7 hills? That always got me to thinking it was the Vatican. The Vatican is a political power that has its claws in just about every nation. It is also a religion and one that drank the blood of saints for years especially during the inquisition.

It's the Harlot that sits on the seven hills. That's why I distinguish between the Beast as a state/political power and the mainly religious Harlot, being supported by the state. It's all in that older series.

A little off topic maybe, Paple prophecy. Supposedly a preist way back when got a revelation from God about how many popes there would be. The last Pope would be the antichrist. Mom told me that there were set number of frames the vatican set up just for this prophecy. Supposedly every pope came to pass as in the prophecy. God can talk to anyone.
The past pope retired and cut his position short which is in the prophecy. There may be a false Pope who may be in place now. The next Pope will be the antichrist.

There were threads about this when the previous Pope retired. The agreed count makes Francis himself the last one. Since that isn't a Biblical prophecy, I have a suspicion that it's going to be proved wrong when Francis gets replaced by the next one.

As I said thank you for replying.

I'm still subscribed to all my old threads. In fact I keep bumping this one, because it's permanantly topical. At the end of this year, I must remember to point out that "seventy years since 1948" has also come and gone.
Thank you for contributing.
edit on 3-10-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

<< 12  13  14   >>

join