It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked 12 years old girl found eating from trash can

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Naked girl foraged food from trash

A naked 12-year-old girl seen eating out of trash cans on a Temecula street was being held by her mother in a car while she worked at a nearby elementary school, residents of the neighborhood said Friday, citing Riverside County Sheriff’s deputies.

Avenida de Calazada resident Dominique Prado said she and her husband were outside pulling weeds from the yard at their new rental home a few hours before school let out Thursday afternoon when she saw the girl rooting through a neighbor’s trash can. She was completely naked, without even shoes on her feet, and trying to cover herself with a car floor mat.

The girl ran across the street to another set of trash cans, and Prado noticed a small piece of bread in the girl’s hands. When the girl saw Prado and her husband, she ran around the corner and out of sight.

This is some crazy stuff...

Prado said she called 911, and police searched the neighborhood. Prado and her husband grabbed a blanket and set out to look for the girl, too. Eventually, they noticed movement behind the tinted windows of a BMW parked on their street just around the corner from their house.

They alerted the officers, who found the girl in the car, Prado said.

Prado and her husband brought the girl some food — yogurt, an apple, some pre-packaged children’s snacks and a bottle of water — which the girl ate and drank.

What? :

Officers would later tell Prado it appeared the girl was kept in the car, and left naked so she wouldn’t leave while her mother was at work, Prado said.

Poor kids... very sad... and to think that the mother works in a SCHOOL...poor kids at that school... the mother is obviously a nutcase.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I read the excerpts you posted but didn't really get the story. Then I read the source article and didn't really get the story.

Who does something like that?

Why a BMW? Does the teacher not have a house because she needed to make her BMW payments? Or could she have not found a baby sitter?

Why do people treat kids like this?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
wow, that mother works, is married, drives a BMW and can afford a $1500 bond ... i hope they never return that child to that poor excuse for a family.
am glad she was charged with a felony but i doubt the school will fire her.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Honor93 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

how does this become a conservative agenda or tax the rich issue?

This girls mother is a freaking nut job, did you notice that part of the story?

link   

don't blame us,your liberal messiah Obama is no better.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

There was no mention of conservatives in the OP. There was none in the article. This has nothing to do with politics. Unless you personally know that the girl who did that to her daughter was either liberal or conservative, and you wanted to disclose that.

And even then... it would be irrelevant.

Go troll somewhere else.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I had never heard of Temecula so for the first few sentences I was thinking somewhere south of the border (mexico or south america) as the name sounds spanish. Then I read that the witnesses called the Riverside sherriff and was like holy crap this is in California. So for all too brief a time I thought wow there is a clear example of the crippling economy but no they find the girl in a BMW owned by someone who's median wage (Teacher's aide in CA) is $30,000 (though she probably makes more as the story says she works with special needs children [that's really scary]), they live in a home in a neighborhood with house values between 250,000 and 350,000 and they can afford 15,000 bail (assumming it was a 10% bond but still). Anyway you slice it the ladys got to be nuttier than a fruit cake WTF

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206

how does this become a conservative agenda or tax the rich issue?

This girls mother is a freaking nut job, did you notice that part of the story?

Why not keep comments on the OP which is this poor endangered child and her diabolical mother, a teacher yet and driving a BMW (???) instead of responding to another poster regarding the political climate here in America? That poster has a right to say what they think and you should be focused on the OP. True, right wingers have no empathy and ability to understand people in desperation and chalk this up to the mother being a "nut job." "Obama is no better," someone else decided to chime in. The mom's not crazy. I think she knows just what she was doing. Cheap, evil and wicked yes, but crazy is something you cannot help.

The mother is apparently a functioning member of society since she is holding a job and not incarcerated in a facility for the insane so as far as society is concerned she is normal enough to be free.
And I agree this is a cultural problem of indecency and uncaring numbed up, dumbed down society - Did you notice the people who discovered her were NEW to the neighborhood? This had been a regular thing until someone with a conscience moved in. And I have to say, if this were happening in the USA, charges would be brought against this mother although meanwhile the naked 12 year old in the car would have men bringing her food on a regular basis - that's if she wasn't pretty quickly kidnapped and murdered or sold.

edit on 20-2-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Let's stay focused on the subject at hand and not other members, please.

Carry on.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Why wasn't the girl in school?

I don't know what to think about this, disgusting.

I just can't imagine how that poor girl felt. How else was she treated at home?

The girl ran away and was reported as missing last year...

murrieta.patch.com...-8745987

Somethings not right in that family.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This girl may have a mental disorder, and the parents are dealing with it in the most unbelievably stupid way.

Which is far more common than you might imagine. The problem they haven't been dealing with is now in a body of a girl going through hormone changes. Their 'problem child' who gets left out of things is now turning into a woman sized problem. Their stupid idea to deal with her running away is to lock her up and control her with food.

Evil? No. Dumb and abusive? Absolutely.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Could be Aeons is right and she does have a mental disorder, and now thanks to such brilliant parenting ideas she will have many more issues as well.

Is it really that hard to control a 12 yr old girl? She has to be the wildest 12 year old ever to resort to anything that bizarre as to keep her from running away, or her mother is not in her right mind. Or a combinations of both, most likely a combination of both, or an inheritance of both.

And why would she want to run away in the first place even if she was mentally unstable? reasons, fishy, smelly, not edible, not believable. This story = bizarre, and bizarre = another day on planet earth.
edit on 20-2-2012 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus
I had never heard of Temecula so for the first few sentences I was thinking somewhere south of the border (mexico or south america) as the name sounds spanish. Then I read that the witnesses called the Riverside sherriff and was like holy crap this is in California. So for all too brief a time I thought wow there is a clear example of the crippling economy but no they find the girl in a BMW owned by someone who's median wage (Teacher's aide in CA) is $30,000 (though she probably makes more as the story says she works with special needs children [that's really scary]), they live in a home in a neighborhood with house values between 250,000 and 350,000 and they can afford 15,000 bail (assumming it was a 10% bond but still). Anyway you slice it the ladys got to be nuttier than a fruit cake WTF

Slightly off topic, but I had to laugh at 30K salary for a teachers aide in Ca. I guess the teachers aids in the wealthiest areas, like the ones working with celebrities kids get paid so much that it raises this number, despite the fact the the majority of teachers aids in Ca, will never see this much.
In Temecula the average wage is 20K
Now compare that to the price of housing. We don't know if they rent or not, but housing in Ca. does not come cheap, causing many in ca to live in poverty just to have a roof over their heads.
Child care is beyond expensive and the amount one would have to pay for a child with special needs is something even most middle class families could not afford. So maybe this is a case of a parent who is extremely dumb, but also extremely desperate, and couldn't afford to miss work. I doubt that is what happened here, but it is a real possibility.
www.indeed.com...

I also did a search for used BMW's and found a used '01 BMW sedan for $4000. Older models for even less. The article doesn't state the year of the car.

edit on 20-2-2012 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2012 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Not to belabor a point but why do it again??? You're responding to another poster instead of the thread. Gosh, even a dog can be trained.

The posters comments have nothing to do with the political climate in this country, just a hollow insult.

The OP's story is a horrific tale of neglect and I can't for the life of me guess why anyone would treat their own daughter like that unless they hated the child on some level. I think it is worthy of discussion - guessing that is why the OP brought it up and put it here for us to examine.

The "posters comments were hollow and insulting?" You are diverting the topic to another posters political leanings. "hollow and insulting" Isn't that up to the OP to decide? The poster was responding to the OP - not to you. You're taking something personally that clearly wasn't intended as such.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
What a sad story. You would think the poor girl would be in school. Obviously was starving if she was willing to root around in trash cans naked. Poor thing. I hope CPS actually does a good job on this one and that the mother is kept a safe distance from ANY kids. I'd be pissed enough if this story was about a dog being left all day, but a child?

Not to belabor a point but why do it again??? You're responding to another poster instead of the thread. Gosh, even a dog can be trained.

Implying you're not doing the EXACT same thing.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Here is a story for comparison: www.msnbc.msn.com...

MADISON, Wis. — A severely malnourished 15-year-old Wisconsin girl found walking barefoot in pajamas near her home last week told police her father and stepmother had forced her to live in the basement for years and that they beat her, starved her and even forced her to eat her own feces.

And as I mentioned earlier, here in the US, the parents are swiftly reprimanded:

The couple, whom The Associated Press is not naming to protect the identity of the girl, were arrested Friday on suspicion of child abuse and neglect, and a judge set their bail Tuesday at $20,000 each, the Wisconsin State Journal reported.

I was watching this TED talk video www.youtube.com... about morality and where we get our sense of it. Many primates are born with an ingrained sense of fairness and what is right and wrong. If the person has autism however that sense of right and wrong goes out the window. They lose the ability to be or feel empathetic. I wonder if we are not looking at parents who have autism themselves? It is almost 20 minutes long but a very interesting video discussion that helps us flesh out the matter of empathy and compassion. Can it tell us why each of these parents behave the way they do? Possibly.

edit on 21-2-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
This girl may have a mental disorder, and the parents are dealing with it in the most unbelievably stupid way.

Which is far more common than you might imagine. The problem they haven't been dealing with is now in a body of a girl going through hormone changes. Their 'problem child' who gets left out of things is now turning into a woman sized problem. Their stupid idea to deal with her running away is to lock her up and control her with food.

Evil? No. Dumb and abusive? Absolutely.

Dumb? I don't think the mother would be able to keep her job if she were dumb.
I think evil describes it nicely.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join