It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something CREEPY just happened to me on Facebook...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Ok so I just watched an awesome video on youtube

After I saw it I posted it on my FB wall and an American friend of mine commented on the video basically reciting all the propaganda western media would have us believe about the current Iran crisis.

I followed up his comment with some proof of facts to the contrary and let him know I was against western media and their mixture of propaganda/opinion based programming and factual news. Stating it's what is causing mis information and public perception on current issues to be completely misguided.

Here's the scary part.. After I did this I returned to my FB tab to find I had been logged out. When I attempted to log back in it said my page had been accessed fraudulently and I was then asked to confirm my identity through a series of photo and friend checks.

I think I've either been spied on by some organization or FB is working with other organizations to monitor content and then confirm who I was for these people.

Would love to hear if anyone has had anything similar happen.

edit on 19-2-2012 by ka0s69 because: Edit for faulty video link

edit on 19-2-2012 by ka0s69 because: And again sorry video url error

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Back when I had a facebook account I had the same thing happen. I got locked out for "fraudulent access" and wasn't allowed to log in without verifying my identity. It really didn't help that my choices were mostly pictures of my "friends" were who were tagged in pictures of pokemon and cartoon characters... Made it quite a guessing game.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Facebook has been doing that for years, honestly its nothing new. But really, it is possibly just Coincidence sometimes sites like that have a week log in timer or something like that and it's possible your cookies log in information just expired. I wouldn't worry to much about it. They know enough about you by now that you're not really trying to shelter yourself from being found out about your viewpoints.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
That just happened to me a few minutes ago but I hadn't posted any truthful videos as you did

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ka0s69

I actively post controversial videos on my fb. Have maybe one time been asked to do what you described, but i doubt its because of what I'm posting, even though i think its somewhat controversial material. I think your friend hacked your page because they are douche bags

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
That's nothing new. Facebook has been selling information to various 3rd parties.
But I doubt any spies or authorities would care about a "useless sapling".

If you are a well-known politician/etc that's different.

For example, I would be considered a "useless sapling".
I don't go breaking into Government databases or try to become a politician.
That's just how it is...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ka0s69

However! I don't think FB is letting people watch what I post. I think they weed out controversial videos to make sure its not fed in the updates feed.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ka0s69

yeah i think i posted that video once.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I've had quite a few friends experience this. One factor that causes it is if you access facebook for the first time from a different IP/computer or from a phone for the first time.

Also the face-verify thing is ridiculous for people who add people to play games! One friend of mine had 5000+ "friends" (cuz she's a game addict) and ended up losing her account cuz she could never name her own friends.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Hey thanks for the almost instantaneous reassurance people... I find that kinda creepy as it is. It's actually quite a coincidence considering they must have so many people right now actively working to influence peoples perspective on a war with Iran.

I can tell you right now my friends haven't hacked a thing as none of them have been here and I only just made the password up a week or so ago when my email was hacked.

Of course I am just a nobody as you say, but the power of social media and the speed it can spread to others is not something to be thought of lightly.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I just watched the video, then got on my facebook and everything is fine. Perhaps it was only a weird coincidence...?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
LOL facebook is so useless at spreading real info! I posted 4 videos to my wall one day and then called my co-worker to see if he had a chance to view them yet. He replied with "nothing posted to your wall man!" So I upped them again and still nothing after a few hours. next day nothing. We logged into his account at work and in order for him to see them he had to actually go to my wall in order to see what I posted.

I think it has something to do with how often you post stuff to your wall in this instance. so I try to only inform MY public once or twice a day! To much info and it's like auto spam block or something.

Then again you can share every viral piece of cr*p video 10 times a day and they will be seen. So yah, facebook is censoring real information.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
My friend was over at my place the other day and had the same thing happen. She made no weird posts on her facebook and the such. I don't know what it could be. She did have some app that automatically posts stats on her facebook wall every morning telling who has viewed her facebook and the such. So I dunno if that has anything to do with it.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Thanks for the messages people. I find it amusing if not a little concerning.. but all in all I'm sure it's just a coincidence. I'll be sure to update if anything else happens. And if anyone has something similar happen I would definitely be interested to hear about it.

edit on 19-2-2012 by ka0s69 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Not the only one to have this happen. Husband was posting pretty much similar info, and about how its all propaganda on the media. Like you he had the same thing happen to him in the exact same way. They even delete posts and comments as well. They dont like you telling the masses the truth..

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I had the same thing happen to me earlier today, it let me back in after half an hour. me and my brother talk quite frequently about stuff like this through messaging on there, feds must be watching us.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Wow really!? That is exactly what I was interested in finding out. Interesting times we all live in.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Ummm...It's no secret that the CIA routinely scans Twitter, Facebook, and other social media sites on the net. Gathering as much information as possible on everyone that offers information up. news.yahoo.com... So maybe your car was moved.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join