It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eisenhower was right about the Military-Industrial Complex!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenshrew
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Which part of my post did you find ridiculous?

Actually I am quite sympathetic to your viewpoint and that of Fletcher Prouty, too

All I was asking was if you had a special place for Richard Nixon's role within the MIC between 1952-1974? I believe that Nixon and the MIC both have something to gain by killing JFK.

Nixon gets revenge for the 1960 elections while the MIC gets it's war money for Viet Nam and the Moon Landings.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Don't forget to add Johnson to that list! His wife had stock in Bell helicopters...and they were making billions in sales during Viet Nam!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Sorry for my misinterpretation of your post, but humour is often difficult to catch and emoticons oftentimes are not very helpful.

Whoever TPTB behind the Kennedy assassination are, they wield awesome power. The cover up for the JFK-assassination has held for nearly 50 years and is still holding today. It is holding although countless passionate very bright researchers were and still are trying to find the truth about JFK's death.

Something like the assassination of a president in broad daylight with a decade-long successful cover up can only be achieved, if you already are on the top of the pyramid with your influence and power. I believe it is very unlikely to attempt such a plot if you are merely a vice-president or presidential contender. I believe Nixon was in no position to initiate, facilitate or mastermind such a plot. The same is true for LBJ, a man who has his own murderous history. Both men might have helped in the cover up. Perhaps they knew the masterminds behind the conspiracy to kill Kennedy. Such knowledge would have served as a strong reminder, who is really calling the shots and what can happen even to a president, if he steps out of line.

In the JFK case there are so many witnesses, researchers and conflicting pieces of evidence, that it is impossible to know what exactly happened. Both Nixon and LBJ are incriminated by various documents and witnesses. Allegedly Jack Ruby worked for Nixon, when Nixon was just a Congressman. According to Sterling Seagrave and others, Nixon's first run for the presidency was not only sponsored by US-Mafia gangsters like Meyer Lansky, but also by the Yakuza. LBJ was incriminated by his mistress and by the deathbed-confession of Howard Hunt.

It is like 9/11. There is too much evidence. Often evidence which is conflicting. In my opinion, it is clear that there is a cover-up . I also believe, that some of the questionable witnesses and researchers might be more than just attention-seekers. I think there are also some agent provocateurs who act as fake witnesses and researchers. They help to poison the well and sow distrust in the JFK-community. This makes it very difficult to keep track of everything which is important. Dozens of killed witnesses, destroyed documents and a few professional, much-heralded debunkers complete the mess we have today in the JFK-community. I believe we face plausible deniability which is so elaborate, that it has become a work of art. In my opinion only a spook with a Byzantine sense for intrigue can be behind such a plot.

While I am not sure if Nixon is a conspirator in the JFK-assassination, it is clear that Nixon is responsible for his own crimes. He fell over Watergate, but compared to the sabotage of the Paris Peace Talks, which prolonged the Vietnam War, Watergate is just a petty crime. Part of Watergate was the illegal eavesdropping on political opponents, but Nixon wasn't the first who used this against his opponents. LBJ used similar illegal means against Nixon and thus was aware of Nixon's treacherous plot. He never made this illegal acquired knowledge public, but Johnson's knowledge is now part of the public record.

The prolonged war increased profits of the MIC. So it can be said, that Nixon was MIC's man, like LBJ was it's man when he facilitated a full-scale war in Vietnam. But I believe Nixon's treason should be better interpreted as Nixon's version of a October countersurprise against Hubert Humphrey.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

Great post! You have greatly detailed the lengths and depths of the JFK conspiracy. The scariest aspect of the JFK assassination is just what you describe, that not a single person could have been responsible, but a cadre of elite individuals with power and influence. Whether they be mafia, politicians, government agents, police officers, judges, etc.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Great post, btw. Best part... because it's true...

I believe we face plausible deniability which is so elaborate, that it has become a work of art. In my opinion only a spook with a Byzantine sense for intrigue can be behind such a plot.

Here's my take on it. As a courtesy to Cosmic I'll swing this back on topic... back to Ike.

Ike is the moment of truth for the Military Industrial Complex in 1952 ... it is a wet dream come true for the MIC.

Iran, 1953:

Prime Minister Mossadegh was overthrown in a joint U.S./British operation. Mossadegh had been elected to his position by a large majority of parliament, but he had made the fateful mistake of spearheading the movement to nationalize a British-owned oil company, the sole oil company operating in Iran. The coup restored the Shah to absolute power and began a period of 25 years of repression and torture, with the oil industry being restored to foreign ownership, as follows: Britain and the U.S., each 40 percent, other nations 20 percent.

Middle East, 1956-58:

The Eisenhower Doctrine stated that the United States "is prepared to use armed forces to assist" any Middle East country "requesting assistance against armed aggression from any country controlled by international communism." The English translation of this was that no one would be allowed to dominate, or have excessive influence over, the middle east and its oil fields except the United States, and that anyone who tried would be, by definition, "Communist." In keeping with this policy, the United States twice attempted to overthrow the Syrian government, staged several shows-of-force in the Mediterranean to intimidate movements opposed to U.S.-supported governments in Jordan and Lebanon, landed 14,000 troops in Lebanon, and conspired to overthrow or assassinate Nasser of Egypt and his troublesome middle-east nationalism.

I found a C-Span conference that talks about Eisenhower's farewell address and it's 1hr and 33minutes of modern interpretation by a panel of 'experts' at the CATO Institute haha.
www.c-spanvideo.org...

A forum was held in honor of the 50th anniversary of President Dwight Eisenhower's farewell address in which he spoke to about the military-industrial complex. Scholars compared the present-day military-industrial complex to .. Read More

edit on 2/22/2012 by SayonaraJupiter because: to add description

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

The prolonged war increased profits of the MIC. So it can be said, that Nixon was MIC's man, like LBJ was it's man when he facilitated a full-scale war in Vietnam.

So the general thinking is that JFK was not a MIC man JFK get's his head blown off in broad daylight. Makes perfect sense to me.

9 months later (Aug 1964) LBJ is using the TV to sell the Gulf of Tonkin War to the American public. This is an important milestone for the MIC. The Gulf of Tonkin incident was proof that TPTB could sell a war to the American public (and Congress) using TV propaganda mixed with foreign intrigues.

That is exactly what George Washington warned about!

Sorry Cosmic for hogging your thread. I highly recommend the C-Span vid. I promise there are hot chicks.

www.c-spanvideo.org...
edit on 2/22/2012 by SayonaraJupiter because: tags

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Dont be sorry Jupiter! You have contributed a great deal of substantial information to this thread! Thank you!
Deny ignorance!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This week Im on vacation from teaching and visiting friends in Virginia. Im in Norfolk and since Im former Navy, this is always a nastalgic time for me, however, it always feels like Im in the heart of the Military Industrial Complex. Everywhere I look defense contract companies have littered the shores down here. Its creepy and ominous.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join