It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FINANCIAL NUCLEAR BOMB dropped on IRAN

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
US, Europe look at fast but risky penalty on Iran

The United States and Europe are weighing unprecedented punishment against Iran that could cripple the country's financial lifeline but result in higher oil prices for the U.S. and its allies. Underscoring the potential costs, Iran on Wednesday cut oil exports to six European countries.

The Obama administration wants Iran evicted from SWIFT, an independent financial clearinghouse that is crucial to the country's overseas oil sales. That would leapfrog the current slow-pressure campaign of sanctions aimed at persuading Iran to drop what the U.S. and its allies contend is a drive toward developing and building nuclear weapons. It also perhaps would buy time for the U.S. to persuade Israel not to launch a pre-emptive military strike on Iran this spring.

But it's an extreme option in the banking world that would come with its own costs -- oil prices could soar, even as many of the world's economies are still frail. Underscoring that possibility, Iran on Wednesday cut oil exports to the Netherlands, Spain, Italy, France, Greece and Portugal. And in another defiant move, Iran began loading domestically made nuclear fuel rods into its Tehran research reactor.

Established in 1973, the essential but little-known hub is overseen by major central banks, including the U.S. Federal Reserve and the European Central Bank.

Read more at:

www.businessweek.com...

Seems like war is almost certain at this point.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Can someone tell my why Iran can't use another bank? Is it that the amounts of money being used are so massive no one can actually come up with the real hard cash? So, this super bank takes and holds all these nations corporations funds and does electronic transfers, that aren't really backed by cash?

Uh oh...I thought the Fed Res was a bad deal...Maybe Iran should just trade its oil for things it wants...I can think of a few high dollar items they would really like to procure

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom
Can someone tell my why Iran can't use another bank? Is it that the amounts of money being used are so massive no one can actually come up with the real hard cash? So, this super bank takes and holds all these nations corporations funds and does electronic transfers, that aren't really backed by cash?

Uh oh...I thought the Fed Res was a bad deal...Maybe Iran should just trade its oil for things it wants...I can think of a few high dollar items they would really like to procure

Most of their buyer's operate on a global financial standard, not the barter system. This is why money controls the actions of nations.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Economic terrorism at its dirtiest. Iran's leadership and military wont be the first to suffer because of this. It's the civilians that will take the brunt of massive inflation and scarcity that will rock their country. Mass starvation and despair through sanctions plus this blatant inhumane move. The ptb have no scruples. Poking the hornets' nest with the same tactic used to spur Japan into pulling off the attack on pearl harbor.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It almost sounds like the U.S. is sending a message that it would be cheaper to go ahead and attack rather than send oil prices higher.

They are throwing out options now that "to most" will sound worse than a war. Am I reading too much into this?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I have to admit,when I glimpsed at your post I thought it read"Finally nuclear bomb dropped on Iran"

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
And thus effectively repeating ,almost exactly,the same political maneuvering that we did to get Japan to jump into WWII.In case some of us require that"Doomed to repeat history" thing.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Iran is one of the few remaining countries not indebted by the "federal reserve banking system" .....

American terrorism .... Iran has also cut off oil to Europe so expect gas prices to rise as speculators make a killing while shorting their futures again .....

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7thcavtrooper
And thus effectively repeating ,almost exactly,the same political maneuvering that we did to get Japan to jump into WWII.In case some of us require that"Doomed to repeat history" thing.

a tried a true way of squeezing until survival kicks in ..... and war starts

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The US of A needs enemies to justify military spending.

China is to important to attack.

Saudi Arabia is too tough/popular/wealthy.

Iraq is financially destroyed.

That leaves Kuwait, Iran and Syria.

Kuwait is an ally.

Syria ......(*facepalm)

That leaves Iran.

Iran are already in the poo because they won't give back the remote controlled toy plane that "accidentally" flew into their back-yard. It is also believed that Iran are also holding a soccer ball, two Frisbee's and half a dozen tennis-balls.

Bar$tards.

Nuke 'em.

*/sarcasm

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by saroncan
I have to admit,when I glimpsed at your post I thought it read"Finally nuclear bomb dropped on Iran"

Ditto, the false flag to "cause" USA to resort to nuking Iran,

seems still in the works!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Lucky it is just a financial
nuclear bomb and not
a atomic. Rather unfortunate.
things have come to this.
If Iran obtains nuclear weapons
real atomic ones will be dropping.
edit on 17-2-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

It's really about currency exchange from my understanding. Essentially Iran won't be able to sell in Dollars (or most likely Euros either) .. they can't just up and sell in a different currency because other nations won't have it on hand. Hence the US Dollar being the "World Reserve Currency"..

It's effectively an economic blockade.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
This is basically an oil embargo... an act of war.

Ain't it nice?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
`Do you guys reckon it might be a measure to provoke Iran into initiating a strike of which will justify the west into launching a full-scale military campaign against Iran?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist
`Do you guys reckon it might be a measure to provoke Iran into initiating a strike of which will justify the west into launching a full-scale military campaign against Iran?

Totally. This has been the plan forever.

Blowing up military bases in Iran, assassinations in Iran, sanctions...all part of the plan to force Iran to attack first so they look like the bad guy.

So far Iran has been taking it without doing much in return because they know if they fight back in any way, they will be attacked and destroyed.
edit on 18-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
It's merely another "what if" scenario.

SWIFT transactions haven't been cut off to Iran, hence nothing was dropped but more war propaganda.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Turns out Iran can trade with US companies. Gold, oil for grain from Cargill.
From the same link:

Iran, which is still in the market to buy additional wheat supplies, is also considering barter deals to feed its 74 million people weeks before a presidential election, they said.
Grain ships are stuck outside Iranian ports and exports of staples to Iran such as maize, sugar, palm oil and rice are being hindered as collecting payment from buyers gets harder.
"Grain deals are being paid for in gold bullion and barter deals involving oil are being offered," one trader said. "Some of the major trading houses are involved," he added.

So it looks like they can barter.
Pak-Iran trade to grow from $1 bn to $10 billion? Smart move if bartering is a way around sanctions. Why trade using dollars/currency when they have a lot of oil and even more natural gas?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

its tricky isn't it?

They claim Iran will nuke israel

But do you know how much the land of palestine means to muslims especially shi'a iranians?

Iran will never nuke the holy land because as far as prophecy goes, the army from khorasan will come with black banners and no force in the earth will stop then until they tie their horses to the olive trees nearby jerusalem.

meaning that Iran will liberate palestine.

and iran doesnt want nukes, however what they want is an EMP. to knock the US out from central america.

these are fact and time will tell

top topics

<<   2 >>

join