It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, the FBI WILL be taking the internet offline on the 8'th of March.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Ok, it appears that our attempts at pulling the wool over the eyes of the internet have failed. Our feeble shill attempts at making you think everything is OK, have failed. So I think it is time we come clean.
Yes, the FBI are going to shut down the internet on the 8'th of March 2012. And I want to try and help people bypass the problems that may come from it. First, I will explain how they will Really do it.
Not many of you will be aware of this, but the Internet actually exists in one room, located deep within the basement of a building - which I cannot name - in Stockholm.

This is the internet.

Now, the FBI have plans on the 8'th of march to enter this room, and unplug the Fiber optic cable from the back of the main PC that connects it to the outside world, effectively wiping everyone off the internet. This is to keep secure, all the data on the Internet. You see, people purchase segments of hard drive space within the internet and this is what you know as the "World Wide Web" including sites like ATS, Youtube, Facebook, etc. It is fairly transparent and unless you are "In the know" then you will never really notice how it works.
Now, once the Fiber optic cable has been unplugged, the FBI will then send out "Packet Sniffers" to detect any traffic on port 53, the port on which DNS servers operate, and should they encounter any traffic originating from or to that port, this will be relayed back to the FBI.

If a PC is found to be 'live' and the FBI are alerted to this, then they will send out a specially written "malware removal kit" under the guise of fixing an errant computer, but which will permanently alter the DNS settings of this computer or device to point to the new FBI secure DNS servers which will then direct all communication between that PC and the FBI servers for any future traffic. This change will be completely permanent and no amount of formatting your PC, or changing hardware will make any difference, it is your MAC address and your global hardware guid that remains, and unless you purchase an entire new PC, this will remain the case.
Some people think that the malware kit may also snoop on your Email, and internet history, while others claim that it will isntall itself as a keylogger and pass information to the FBI via port 53 disguised as normal DNS qeueries. But none of that has been proven.

However, it is my opinion, that at midnight on the 7'th March 2012, anyone who is concerned about this, should turn off their PC, and any mobile devices that can connect to the internet, to prevent any DNS queries being sent and the FBI being alerted. These devices should remain offline for at least 72 hours in order for the Packet Sniffers to be deactivated and all malware removal kits either be returned or activated for their other intended uses.

You should also remove the network cable from your Router, as these are also vulnerable as in combination with this event, will be the ability to embed scripts in busybox, the OS of most routers, which will detect activity from your LAN and attempt to alter the DNS of machines once they are turned

We tried to convince you all that nothing will happen, but it appears you are not as stupid as we thought. But I, as a decent person with morals, thought I should at least give you fair warning.

The FBI will be shutting down the internet on the 8'th of March. It is being done, not only to remove FBI planted malware (yes it is a flase flag), but to infiltrate every and any PC left active during this period and effectively point all of your traffic to the new FBI caching servers, disguised as DNS servers, for our records. We disable the internet for a number of reasons, mainly to protect websites within the internet, and secondly, to prevent any active communication between internet users who may be alerted to activity on their home PC's.

So there you have it, march 8, turn off your computers for 3 days, and go read a book, or take a walk outside.

Be safe noobz... they're coming for you!! I read it on the interweb, so it must be true!!!11

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
No.. they are not ..

They have taken over some dns servers that malware has been making use of .. those infected, will be taken down .. as they should be ..

Those infected will be given the opportunity to clean their machines.. that is the fact of the matter.. it's a big event, but it's necessary..

Paranoia is a funny thing.. well no, not really .. but your facts are off .. it's not at all what you're making it out to be .. please remove the tinfoil and take a deep breath.

- Me .. IT professional, linux admin since 1998 for a major ISP
edit on 2/17/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Have a quick look at the top of the page and see what forum this is in. I think the OP was just making light of the fact that a lot of people really think the internet is getting cut.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Okay Mainidh. You have my nod of respect for this one. You got me good..and ALMOST got me publicly before I caught myself and decided to scroll up and verify which forum this was in before I replied and fired both barrels. lol....

As pranks go... I've been pranked and that first Flag you got was from me.
Good show on this one.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Funny!

Oh no,what will I do????
I think I will burn my neighbors house down for entertainment.

JK

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Got to admit that was good!
But I read your post,then looked up again.

S&F

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoNameBrand

Have a quick look at the top of the page and see what forum this is in. I think the OP was just making light of the fact that a lot of people really think the internet is getting cut.

You are absolutely right .. I feel stupid ..

I'm sensitive to this because I've seen other topics like it .. my apologies op

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
No.. they are not ..

They have taken over some dns servers that malware has been making use of .. those infected, will be taken down .. as they should be ..

Those infected will be given the opportunity to clean their machines.. that is the fact of the matter.. it's a big event, but it's necessary..

Paranoia is a funny thing.. well no, not really .. but your facts are off .. it's not at all what you're making it out to be .. please remove the tinfoil and take a deep breath.

- Me .. IT professional, linux admin since 1998 for a major ISP
edit on 2/17/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

You can't stop it now, I've let the cat out of the tubes...

We should just accept it, our new rulers will be forgiving if we just accept !!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Oh wow !! Sorry guys, lol I didn't think anyone would fall for it, thought you were being kooky Min..

I mean, the internet can't be those computers. They're Google!!!

tineye it, that part is true!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I caught the bailey's and vodka in the dos window.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by mainidh

Okay Mainidh. You have my nod of respect for this one. You got me good..and ALMOST got me publicly before I caught myself and decided to scroll up and verify which forum this was in before I replied and fired both barrels. lol....

As pranks go... I've been pranked and that first Flag you got was from me.
Good show on this one.

Cheers mate, I guess if you word things the right way, throw in a few graphics and sound confusing yet legit, you can get people that way.

I almost put it in the rant forum, but thought in case it does ring a bell, I'll leave it in the jokes forum.

ahh made me smile though

sorry tho if I did get anyone.. lol, you're just lucky I couldn't find a decent picture of a Nice Modem 300baud as I was going to use that as the Box that contains the internet - ala The IT Crowd with their box..

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
"the day the internets stood still"

FBI vs the internet.... this is the image i see....
a donkey basketball team playing against the harlem globetrotters

ps: the photo in the op is actually the xbox live server room .

edit on 17-2-2012 by spaceg0at because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Wow.. Can I flag a thread twice? Now that I cross checked and located where that pic came from..I'm really happy I opened this thread. That is a great glimpse into history, isn't it? Neat! I never would have thought that had such humble beginnings.

This is what Google looked like in 1998!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

We have come along way from dial-up and AOL.
When I went to college ,we were using the Tandy 1000 and programming the 8088.

The Intel 8088 microprocessor was a variant of the Intel 8086 and was introduced on July 1, 1979. It had an 8-bit external data bus instead of the 16-bit bus of the 8086. The 16-bit registers and the one megabyte address range were unchanged, however. The original IBM PC was based on the 8088.

I can't even imagine what it is like now.

Now I have to troubleshoot that stuff that was high tech back then on elevators.

edit on 17-2-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Wow.. Can I flag a thread twice? Now that I cross checked and located where that pic came from..I'm really happy I opened this thread. That is a great glimpse into history, isn't it? Neat! I never would have thought that had such humble beginnings.

This is what Google looked like in 1998!

I had seen it before and always felt it was a sign of the intention of the guys that started google. Bare bones just for the joy of it. So far removed from what it is today!!

In a way, it was the internet at the time

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Oh yeah.. Haven't we though? My first system was an 8088 running at a whopping..blistering..4.77mhz. It went all the way up to 8mhz if I pushed the Turbo button on the front.

Then again.. Police Quest in Monochrome was high tech, too...
Graphics! Not ASCII.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes,I learned how to program then,in the early 80's.
Was it boolean?Goolean?
It has been to long ago.
Now ,besides relay logic,now program elevators with a little hand held tool.

It was basic,the language that I used to program with.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
the FBI created putty! OpenWRT is NSA! That is why you have to alternate flashing DD-WRT and Tomato every 3 hours (wireshark takes 3 hours to sniff a packet from stockholm). Always create a loopback splice on all of your hard ports so they sniff themselves, and if that fails then hardwire CAT6 into a 240V outlet and when you see the sniffer's probes coming out of the router ports you plug that sucker in ZAP!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mretgis

Thanks for the info,I will install it under and inbetween the vodka and the baileys,THEN insert the kalua.
See if the FBI,CIA,HLS and all the rest of them can find it.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

reply to post by kdog1982

Oh yeah.. Haven't we though? My first system was an 8088 running at a whopping..blistering..4.77mhz. It went all the way up to 8mhz if I pushed the Turbo button on the front.

Then again.. Police Quest in Monochrome was high tech, too...
Graphics! Not ASCII.

I think I was one of the first out of everyone I knew back then to have 16 megs of ram! I had to remove 8 megz if I wanted to use my video blaster because at 15 megs, the memory hole (or whatever it was back then) would not allow my card to work.

Lol, cards back then the size of a large kitchen grater.

And my scsi controller with 2megs cache on it, actually had lights on it that zipped back and forth. running my 2 256 mb scsi hard drives.

Haha Police Quest. those were the days.

using debug to low level format your drive.. what was it, g=c800 ? something like that, and it took hours.. for a 10 mb drive even. lol

I miss those days

top topics

<<   2 >>

join