It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 2012 : Finally time to make my first prediction (more to follow)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthIncarnate
reply to post by curious7

Thanks, i see you a lot on interesting topics, i hope you enjoy the read !

No, thank you for the thread.

Yes, I did enjoy it. Thought provoking, definitely keeping my eyes peeled just in case.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthIncarnate
reply to post by youdidntseeme

The best way (the simplest way) would be to explain it as follows:

Just as the brain has two hemispheres (the logical and the emotional) so does everything we do (or create) in this world, applying this to my predictive process means that yes, some of it is based on logic and reasoning, however for me personally, i can only translate these emotional occurrences through logical experiences, so for example i mention Turkey turning yellow (emotional explanation of a logical phenomena) this is logically explained as an increase in wealth and general spring feel (that feeling you get when stretching your arms on a sunny day when you wake up from a nice rest).

So i guess the simplest formula would be :

Initial emotive experience -----> translate into logical occurrences ----------> final prediction.

*EDIT* also....same sig

edit on 17-2-2012 by TruthIncarnate because: (no reason given)

Your "technique" is highly flawed, how can you turn an emotion into a logical occurrences (I.E a thought) and then some how predict the future from that thought? Emotions can be affected from as little as how much sleep you had last night.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

Thanks for the input, but i didnt 'really' mean emotion, it was simply the simplest term to use
if you would like a more complex explanation please read ahead :

By emotion i meant 'qualia' or rather the quality of a subjective experience, this is then operationalized into its logical or rather measurable units or outcomes , to say a subjective experience cannot be transformed into logical variables is to undermine both the modern scientific method and our very way of explaining the world around us to others.

<< 1   >>

join