It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

landlord told police about morocann terrorist; Police said to leave him alone.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
m.yahoo.com...

a year and a half ago a landlord told authorities that his tennant el kalifi was possibly making bombs, the police said to back off. This was the same man stopped on the way to the capitol.

Question: whats the point of 'see something, say something' if they just ignore what you say and tell you to look the other way?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Things are made illegal for a reason: It's not positive for the government.
A terrorist is positive for the government because the government will be granted permission to get rid of more freedoms.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
We live in a world filled with ignorant morons. Nothing else to say regarding that obvious fact.

Most government employees are at the top of the list when it comes to ignorance. The only thing this guy could have done is call 911 and hope for the best.

That is all any of us can do. I used to live next to a meth lab. Contacted the authorities and they told me to mind my own business. 6 months later as I was moving out I bought a burner phone and made a frantic call to 911. I then hung up abruptly and tossed the phone in their front yard.

The local news called it the biggest drug bust the authorities in this area ever made. Sad, but true.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

he was told to back off because the moroccan was already under close watch .
special branch would have being trying to find out who was his contacts were .

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Question: whats the point of 'see something, say something' if they just ignore what you say and tell you to look the other way?

Could be a number of reasons -- Maybe he was already under investigation? Maybe the landlord is looking for 15 minutes of fame? Maybe a sting operation was in place?

But it is much more fun to formulate a conspiracy so I will leave you to it.
edit on 17-2-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I don't think the police are going to barge in after someone calls their hotline. They probably just put a GPS in his car and ran surveillance on him for a couple weeks.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
They told him to leave the Moroccan alone because the FBI was busy giving him fake bomb material and poking and proding him into conducting a terrorist attack. It's called a false flag. They didn't want this FBI manufactured plot to be blown/exposed.

See here:

They told the guy to back off for the same reason Colon Anthony Shaffer was told to back off when he uncovered the terror cell responsible for the events of 9/11 in Able Danger.

edit on 17-2-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
So was this how the fbi figured it out? Either they knew he was a terrorist and therefore let him make bombs in someone elses house, violating that landlords right to be secure against terrorism, or the fbi found out fom this inquiry, and then began to work him over? Meaning their whole see something program is to recruit potential patsies.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Sounds to me like El Khalifi and friends may have been just a bunch of small time hoods looking for the bigtime.

The FBI and friends probably got wind of them and determined that maybe a training session is in order.
Even more perfect would be if they were mentally unstable or drug users.

Or, on the deeper conspiracy side, maybe they are actually undercover agents themselves.

We haven't been hearing too much plot breaking news lately.

Dar Al-Hijrah Islamic Center imam Johari Abdul-Malik, who along with other Muslim leaders meets regularly with the FBI, said he was contacted by an agency official after El Khalifi's arrest and told the suspect was not someone he needed to worry about.
I wonder what those "regular" meetings are all about

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

edit on 18-2-2012 by Liquesence because: nvrmind

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The problem with this sting operation is, who is it going to lead to higher up? if this guy is the top, a lone wolf they call him, there are no more 'bad' guys this arrest will lead to, and so the fbi could have arrested him a long time ago. they busted him at a politically expedient moment to ramp up the war drums.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
whats the point of 'see something, say something' if they just ignore what you say and tell you to look the other way?

Ahh, BUT, the authorities DIDN'T look the other way. They set the trap and the rat fell for it.

A better question is: Why was this terrorist allowed to stay in this country when the FBI already knew he associated with known overseas terrorists for quite some time? Why not deport him from the start?

Nonetheless, one less terrorist to deal with. Good job by TPTB.

top topics

join