It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public executions: admit you would pay to see them.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Reality television shows only exist [and are set up] to put people under so much pressure that they eventually fight and argue; it’s the money shot for the producers, channel and thus ratings.

More than this, it’s the exact reason why YOU watch them. Where do reality shows and YOUR blood lust go from here? I’m convinced of 2 things. One, they will have to become more punitive to satisfy the audience. Two, they will eventually result in live televised executions and you will pay to see.

Proof?

MMA. If you had said 20 years ago that you would pay to watch men and women [mostly blue collar] beat each other into a pulp and break limbs, you would have laughed me off this site.

Years ago, old grannies would actually take their knitting to watch a criminal meet his or her maker.

Man has a bloodlust that is an embarrassing residue of our medieval days and further back. We all know you can’t debate the power evolution.

We all laughed seeing the mostly violent television programming in movies like Robocop, Running Man and Starship Troopers.

You, yes, you would pay to watch and would enjoy this. Don’t deny it.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I'd watch public executions if they were all CEO's, Bankers and corrupt politicians!

IRM

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
well done for being honest!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

Depends on who it was getting executed, if it was a new swindling politician each week, i´d bet they would gain alot more money from the viewers than if it was just some robber or volunteer.

Anyway, the entire concept is disgusting, and does not belong in a mature society. Still, some people still believe muscles to be preferable to brains so...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I would not pay to watch it, and i don't even want to see it for free!!

I think it is brutal, and animalistic. I would like to believe we are more humane and civilized than this.

vvv

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I would not pay to watch it, and i don't even want to see it for free!!

I think it is brutal, and animalistic. I would like to believe we are more humane and civilized than this.

vvv

I agree completely.

I think that wanting to dwell on death is a ringer for needing a shrink.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
When I was much younger, around 18, I got a video handed to me from a mate who had been passing it from friend to friend.
Anyways, this movie was all real executions on tape (vhs). I admit, I sat through it. It was shocking and disturbing, but I kept watching. A hard to acknowledge blood lust perhaps? Most of the camera shots were from far away, it almost seemed not real.

But then, at the end, I was destroyed inside forever. Some young guy, who must have been my age, had been "sentenced" to a public execution, well... It was not a sentence, it was sickening human nature at its ugliest. The mob, surrounded this young guy, drew a gun, while a camera man stood next to them and watched them shoot the guy, crawling on the street.
Up close.

Then, his mother started screaming. It was the most horrifying shriek I've ever heard, and that stuck with me to this day.

What was worse, the young man did not die (adultery I think was the crime). The videographer kept rolling, while the mob shot him in the face. The mother still screaming, the young man, scrawling across the dirty road with bullet wounds to his head. He was trying to breath, the suffering was beyond compare.
All up close.
That whole scene, took about 10 minutes non-stop until his body which had somehow survived so long finally gave in after about 10 up close gun shots. Those blasts to his head still to this day haunt my thoughts. The sound his mother made.

The baying for blood.

The sickening nature of human kind.

And why could I not turn it off? Empathy I guess. I physically vomited once it all ended.

Some might be eager for blood lust at first, but to see a human go through so much suffering will tear parts of you to pieces, It will ruin you, so imagine what it would be like for their family.

I hope your prediction never comes true, because that would make us just an electronic version of that crowd in the video I saw. I am not going to link you to the video about it (last I heard the video was banned) and I can never hear that motherly scream again.

edit on 17-2-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
He Mandroids, apparently I have to little blood-lust.
No I would not like to see it.
Maybe I am an Alien after all?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I'm going to have to disagree. I don't watch those so-called reality T.V. shows and I've no love for pointless violence. I can't even stand listening to pointless arguments. Even more so when they involve immature tactics like calling names and making fun. Add to that the fact I can't even look at videos where someone breaks a bone and I've missed your target audience by a good amount. Call me weak or what have you, but I see nothing gained.

There are some people, like InfaRedMan pointed out, that would deserve a good beating. Perhaps repeatedly and with a final public end, but I wouldn't be watching it..

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I wouldn't pay for an execution. It would be depressing.

--------------------------

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I would not pay to see an execution nor would I attend one if it were free. I do however, believe that some crimes warrant the death penalty. The US has followed the way of ancient Rome, and one day will fall just like Rome did.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by anarky1965
I would not pay to see an execution nor would I attend one if it were free. I do however, believe that some crimes warrant the death penalty. The US has followed the way of ancient Rome, and one day will fall just like Rome did.

I believe that is in the process of happening now..

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I was shocked to read that Charles Dickens attended them. I would have thought him above that. can it be more than 20 years off?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

No I wouldn't. There is a certain type of person who slows down for the accident and cranes their neck to see the blood and the gore or if there is anyone injured because the color red gives them a thrill. Thankfully more people have the common decency to be able to put themselves in the place of the victim in any situation and say there but for the grace of God go I. I am wondering what is your point? If you asked the ATS general audience how many of you would like to kill something yourself, witness a death or perhaps destroy all the animals on the planet you are going to get a few who think this is a great idea. I think some people are better off keeping their perversions and twisted sources for entertainment to themselves.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I was going to say hell no!! But you seem to know everything since you don't ask but assume .
In assumption you are the three first letters... Or are you? Just ASKING buddy
Peace and I hate violence or even just watching it so of course in addition I'd never pay for it.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Why would I ever pay money to watch someone get
executed,when I won't even pay to watch the UFC
on pay per view?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoLoveInFear46and2

I was going to say hell no!! But you seem to know everything since you don't ask but assume .
In assumption you are the three first letters... Or are you? Just ASKING buddy
Peace and I hate violence or even just watching it so of course in addition I'd never pay for it.

How dare you.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
After THIS unbelievably unreasoned thread you wrote www.abovetopsecret.com... and this new one here I must say, "You need some SERIOUS help".

I would not pay to see an execution, I would not watch an execution if invited, nor could you pay me any amount of money to watch an execution.

You are apparently very young which is okay; but, this death and execution obsession you have isn't a run-of-the-mill obsession.

Unless you are just trolling for reactions.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

What? Wassup?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

And then only if we brought back the lions and otters noses.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join