It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI May Shut Down Internet On March 8

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ekiusa

Originally posted by ekiusa
reply to post by Highergrounds

Hello friends!

i dont know its related but todays estonian newspaper
is this artikel

ohtuleht.ee...

its in estonian language but use the google,

Peace,
ekiusa

allso this
en.wikipedia.org...

sounds like false flag cyber to me

peace,
ekiusa

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

ever read "Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars"? It explains how the news is used to test the populace for output, like testing a curcuit. So, when there is a eminent "threat" posted in the news and people go viral, its actually an information-data collection shock test on us to see certain results.....

You can find it online, at least you used too......

Highly recommended!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Good! I waste so much time on here as it is!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
From Lieberman to the FBI, the The American political class has been looking for a reason to utilize a "kill switch" for at least a few years now. And they've been pretty public about it.

Like most people commenting here, I'm calling b.s. on it too.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
yea ill bring a can of bear mace next protests.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
What's with the obsession about the internet getting shut down lately? The linked story has absolutely nothing at all to do with killing the internet (despite the sensationalist way it's worded). A while ago there was a malicious trojan that hijacked DNS servers in order to spread 'nasty stuff' (fake banking login pages, pages that download more trojans etc).

The FBI found it, took over the domain it was reporting into and since then have been using their servers to resolve DNS requests, instead of letting them get redirected to wherever the botnet operators wanted them to go. At the same time they've been sending notices out to the owners of the infected servers informing them that the machine was compromised.

If there are ANY infected servers left when the FBI shut their machines down, then the owners have no-one to blame but themselves. They've had months to do something about it, that's ample time to schedule some downtime, remove the trojan & restore their DNS config. If you're unfortunate enough that you use an ISP with a lazy admin that hasn't removed this trojan, all you have to do is change your primary DNS server to 8.8.8.8 or 4.4.4.4 (googles DNS servers) and you're good to go.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SwissMarked

You have a very good point! This where having a 52K Modem and a landline will come in handy. Ever heard of TELNET or POTS concerning routing protocols? We can communicate if we are ready. How about just calling people? I think people should share telephone numbers along with email addresses, just as a back-up. Are we scared that someone is going to call us? We will see what happens. I am betting on nothing will happen this time around.

Informative Info--> How to communicate if the internet is shutdown.
howto.wired.com... ts_Off_Your_Internet
edit on 2/17/2012 by NoSoup4U because: Added Link

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
What's a DNS setting? Wait... I'm getting a little ahead of myself here. What's a DNS???

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
The Internet's Achilles' heel is the root DNS system. If they kill that, they can kill global DNS. The simple way around this is to run your own local, non-authoritative DNS; and barring that, to maintain your own /etc/hosts.

That by itself won't necessarily cause massive disconnections, no; but the next step would simply be to make phone calls to the major phone carriers, who could be counted on to capitulate to government instructions; at least as long as it wasn't permanently bad for business.

You people NEED to learn about this stuff. None of you know about it any more. You don't use IRC, you don't use Usenet, and you barely use email unless it is with Google. To you, Facebook and YouTube are the entire Internet; which makes it horrifyingly simple to take the entire net away from you.
edit on 17-2-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

Facebook, YouTube, & ATS, duh!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
or to install something that watches you better an just plane pamkes everything you do known by th e governemt can u say internet version 2

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

I actually taught about this in college. DNS is Domain Naming System. Every computer must have an IP address in order to communicate with other computers. Lets take ATS as an example here.

ATS IP Address is 67.228.0.162 .
Open another tab in your browser and type in that IP Address in the Address Bar and hit enter. Notice that ATS opened. Why? Well, ATS is hosted on their own server that has an IP Address specifically assigned to their website. When your browser tries to open a website it actually sends that request through a lot of servers to get the IP Address. Check this site out to watch where your browser sends a simple web search. These servers have tables in them that contain the several different type of records to resolve the IP Address of a website. I will keep this simple though.

On the DNS server the table will look like this:
AboveTopSecrect.com 67.228.0.162

You type the IP into the address bar and the query replies with the route to render the website. If you type the words AboveTopSecret.com the query still returns the route based on the IP address behind the scenes and renders the website. Of course, this is the highest level explanation I think to give you.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join