It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wild birds attack vehicles, power lines in Maryland!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
They're at it again, it seems several hundred European Starlings attacked and collided with a vehicle (the vehicle has not been found) and power lines on I-95. This link says "about one hundred" were scattered near exit 33, later reports indicate "several hundred" wild birds died during the attack.
midnightwatcher.wordpress.com...
By now everyone should be aware of the kamikaze like habits of the European Starling and their "short fuse" when startled by fireworks. My advice for anyone unfortunate enough to run across a large group of these demons of the sky is to lie down and play dead until the danger passes.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'd love to see a video of that!

Thanks for sharing! Good old Hitchcock!!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
They must be taking revenge for the death of over 100 birds the other day. I had no idea they were so vengeful!
So did they eat the vehicle or carry it away in their talons like a coconut?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObamaSecrets

Stop spamming dude...this is the quickest way to get the boot

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I had no idea the starlings were agressive.
I too would love to see pics or video of this.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Holy crap man! you aren't kidding. Why haven't these things taken over yet?

x.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It's quite true. Any tame bird wouldn't even think about shaking hands with the grill of oncoming traffic. Those "Birds Gone Wild" had to be stopped.

-KFC has a sale on honey bbq wings. Only 200 , so, don't wait for another attack!!-

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon

x.

Watched it and couldn't spot the leader...

There has to be ONE...right?

great vid.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Hey glad you liked it...

The secret behind these swirling formations is that they are self-organized dynamic systems: in a flock of starlings there isn’t a single leader, but the cohesion and movement of the group is created by the massive interaction among the birds where each bird keeps track of the position of its closest neighbours.

mudfooted.com...

And this is really interesting...

In Cologne, Germany, two biologists from the University of Leeds demonstrated a flock like behavior in humans. The group of people exhibited a very similar behavioral pattern to that of a flock, where if 5% of the flock would change direction the others would follow suit. When one person was designated as a predator and everyone else was to avoid him, the flock behaved very much like a school of fish.

en.wikipedia.org...

if you would like to simulate 'Boids' (a flocking simulator) on your PC, I would recommend using Visions of Chaos cellular automata software...

softology.com.au...

The demo is awesome.

X.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Dolphins in Cape Cod and now Starlings again. Reminds me of the animals die-off in late 2010 and early 2011, right before the Japan earthquake. Wonder if there is a connection?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

Your observation might have merit. Thanks for bringing that up. I'll pay more attention to the earthquake activities near the "ring of fire".

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Wow, that was some incredible footage! They almost look like a wave with the way they move.

To the other poster, that is a good point to bring up about possible earthquakes. It really makes you wonder. I sure hope not though. Anyone's pet exhibiting odd behaviour when compared to its usual behaviour?
edit on 16-2-2012 by phoenixlights321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon

x.

If you remember the movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still", it looks like a whole bunch of flying nano bots on the loose on a path towards destruction.

Maybe one day those birds will do something like this:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I was going to say the same thing. lol

*looks around for Hitchcock*

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Move along folks. Nothing to see here. Just another few hundred dead animals. Move along. [whistles].

sarc.
edit on 17-2-2012 by justwokeup because: (no reason given)

top topics

join