It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is this???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Oh, that? Its just your average everyday secret governmental base/colony for the half man-half machine creatures that will eventually take over.

I wonder what the colossal thing really is....hmm, maybe i am right.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Thanks KL,

What exactly is that a picture of from NASA, looks like something from under a microscope.

Spiderj

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Sorry I should have posted the link in the original post.

"Berries" on the Ground

This mosaic image shows an extreme close-up of round, blueberry-shaped formations in the martian soil near a part of the rock outcrop at Meridiani Planum called Stone Mountain. Scientists are studying these curious formations for clues about the area's past environmental conditions. The image, one of the highest resolution images ever taken by the microscopic imager, an instrument located on the Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity's instrument deployment device or "arm."

origin.mars5.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

NOw it looks more natural

eh? yeah ok? Whatever it is looks about as natural as a nun in a brothel!!

its probably just a secret NAZI summer get away home?

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Excellent find Lucin,

I would love someone to debunk this baby!

There is no chance any sort of light/shadows could create this effect what are you thinking about.

Best save the picture incase it gets deleted

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
interesting photo....
would like to see some1 explaining it..

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Great pic !!!!!

Are there winds on the moon and if so could this have been buried and is now becoming visible ??????

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindwalker
Great pic !!!!!

Are there winds on the moon and if so could this have been buried and is now becoming visible ??????

The moon has no atmosphere...therefore, no wind.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Before concluding it to be some secret base or something, how about considering a possibility of some correction of an error in image processing?

Look at these resulting pictures originally with corrupted pixels that are corrected using different methods of image restoration. The lunar picture given on the first page might have the same thing.

ise.stanford.edu..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

As stated in the below given webpage, non-corrected original images generally have black spots on the picture due to corrupted or missing pixels which are corrected by hiding them forming a reconstruction using the neighboring pixels around the defect.

I don't know much about optics/camera, so visit the below given page for more information.

Source: Applied Image Restoration: Clint Martin : ise.stanford.edu...

It is most probably nothing, but it did catch a lot of people's attentions!

[edit on 18-9-2004 by jp1111]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Update:

There's a form on the page that can be used to obtain the original data. I tried to get copy of the raw image with a blue filter, and it put me into a request status (page does a meta-refresh every 60 seconds until the file is ready). I left this run while I slept.. 10 hours or so, and nothing yet. The page claims it should only be around a minute - obviously not so. I'll try to post this image data if I can ever get to it.

jp1111's theory; this is the most plausible I've heard yet. Thanks for trying to clear this up.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
don't know what it is but very interesting.
Might be President Bush's bunker for when he breaks all hell loose?!?

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
anyone else noticed the less like composite/mosaic discrepencies running vertically throughout the immage? especially noticeable in the cropped and enlarged pic?

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
umm...i forgot hwo said it may be a natural mees up in the photo, but i think that if you look at the enlarged one its clearly not a natural picture mess up

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   

There's a form on the page that can be used to obtain the original data. I tried to get copy of the raw image with a blue filter, and it put me into a request status (page does a meta-refresh every 60 seconds until the file is ready). I left this run while I slept.. 10 hours or so, and nothing yet. The page claims it should only be around a minute - obviously not so. I'll try to post this image data if I can ever get to it.

I've tried to get this as well.....but no luck. Perhaps someone knows of an alternative way to get this original raw image?

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Update:

Well, now I have a bunch of raw pics of different terrain from other locations. I was able to obtain raw shots in less than minute of other coordinates.

Don't know what to say about that. Their software is apparently not going to retrieve the data from this area. Also it doesn't seem it's getting the raw data from areas in its general vicinity in which the anomaly isn't present...

Maybe a lot of people are just interested in this area and it's bogging down their system. I'll still wait on the -2, 311 raw data, but their servers may reset after 24 hours.

At that point, I'm going to write to their webmaster.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It obviously due to a drop out of data on the first pass, they then substitute data from another pass or a pravious pass - the difference in color is due to different times of tha day and different angle of the sun.

Here is another one with the same sort of substitution (exact same size of rectangle too...)

(top left)

And if you read the description of what it is you are viewing... it is a mosaic of 1.8 million photos. Not one big photo - but a pile of photos which are stuck together to form one photo (so you can "zoom in" and view 170,000 mosaics comprised of the original 1.8 photos).

NRL was responsible for the design, manufacture, integration, and mission execution of the Clementine spacecraft for the Ballistic Missile Defense Organization. During its two-month orbit of the Moon in 1994, Clementine captured 1.8 million images of the Moon's surface. The Laboratory provides the Clementine Lunar Image Browser as a courtesy to scientific researchers, as well as the general public, and you are welcome to browse the over 170,000 images that are available.

[edit on 19-9-2004 by CatHerder]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
CatHerder, I'm not entirely convinced. When viewing the close-up shot, the anomaly almost appears trapezoidal, not rectangular. But it's neither; take a look at this image I've marked on below (in a very unprofessional manner). Notice the object (crater?) that continues into the anomalous area, that should not be visible in this place if you're correct, and also the discrepancy in the shape of the anomaly near its lower-right corner - very inefficient

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Nothing to worry about guys its just my mansion

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Im not concinced that its just data loss as it kinda looks unnatural but in a natural way if you know what i mean, it just doesnt look like it was the end result of layers/passes etc i have seen this with many other images and you can easily tell if its this you can tell by how blended it is.

Also its composed of a hell of a lot of images so say there are thousands and thousands of images in that one particlular spot surely the images cannot lose data so it creates almost and exact rectangle with other strange objects near it.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I like this one from mars, from original image M0002976.

I think there is a hell of a lot more going on 'up there' than we know.

Christ if they think we need protection from the 'terrorists' imagine the mind set that would be behind aliens, past or present.

"Oh you have warped my fragile little mind"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join