It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoke Smog Fog and Chemtrails

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Ever woken up in the morning and can't see two feet in front of you because it's too foggy, or because you live in a pulluted city and the smog has built up, or a bushfire has been burning nearby and the smoke has lingered?

I think most of us can say yes to at least one of these things, for me it's been smoke which has been lingering for days now.

What does this have to do chemtrails you ask? Well the above smoke smog and fog all have one thing in common, namely they are aerosols lingering in the air at ground level where it is being breathed in and can be clearly seen.

This doesn't happen with chemtrails, they remain high in the air away from us, if they were coming down to our level wouldn't you expect to see a similar thing as you do with smoke smog and fog?

Do they suddenly become invisible despite being extremely visible high in the sky?

Can anyone explain the mechanics and science of this?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
i'm glad you finally admit the existence of chemtrails. their use in your scenario is a useful one.

I sure do hope some un-suspecting newcomer strolls in here with some genuine heart! so then you can kill it with sarcasm and ridicule!

why even waste your energy coming up with "fake" scenarios with this "fake" phenomenon? if you didn't believe in it or care then you wouldn't make a thread like this in order to entice conflict & sew your disrespect.

i don't believe in jesus, or care that other people believe in jesus (even though christians cause a lot of suffering in the world), and you don't see me making posts like this in order to make arguments and disrespect christians.

If i don't care about or feel the need to make a thread about "fake" jesus and his army of missionary-imperialists, then why do you care so much about measly "fake" chemtrails?

is making a thread like this philosophically different from making a thread sarcastically disrespecting the subject and worship of christianity?

edit on 2/15/12 by metalshredmetal because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/15/12 by metalshredmetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

why even waste your energy coming up with "fake" scenarios with this "fake" phenomenon?

The same question can be asked of the redundant threads made by chemtrail believers? Ironic isn't it?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalshredmetal
i'm glad you finally admit the existence of chemtrails. their use in your scenario is a useful one.

The comprehension is weak in this one

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Do they suddenly become invisible despite being extremely visible high in the sky?

Can anyone explain the mechanics and science of this?

If the contrail DID fall straight down, ignoring temperature, then it would indeed arrive at the ground as fog. Albeit ice fog. It doesn't, because it melts and evaporates long before it reaches the ground, sometimes before it's even fallen a few hundred feet.

The key thing to remember is that the ONLY possible substance that can make wide spreading trails in the sky, is WATER. Only water (as ice) can build up sufficient mass from atmospheric humidity to get large enough to be visible after it's spread.

If you sprayed powder, like aluminum, barium or strontium oxides, it would fade away after a few minutes, as it dispersed in the air. The persistence of contrails proves they are made of ice.

Only water ice can create persistent trails. And it will almost always melt or sublime before falling anywhere near the ground.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

Sorry?

Fake scenarios?

I've been breathing in dioxins, ash, soot and all sorts of nasty stuff all week, which got me to thinking about how chemtrails are supposed to be poisoning us yet never reach the ground... Or they're invisible in which case why aren't they invisible coming out of the plane?

I'm not making fun, it is a genuine observation.

So please, if you have something constructive to say without the personal attacks, then please do share.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

If i don't care about or feel the need to make a thread about "fake" jesus and his army of missionary-imperialists, then why do you care so much about measly "fake" chemtrails?

Are you suggesting to censure opinions ?
Perhaps we should ask you first, on what to post.

is making a thread like this philosophically different from making a thread sarcastically disrespecting the subject and worship of christianity?

Again, perhaps you have certain rules that people should not break.
Please send us your rules of posting, and their appropriate subjects.

This is what he is asking...(quouted)
"This doesn't happen with chemtrails, they remain high in the air away from us, if they were coming down to our level wouldn't you expect to see a similar thing as you do with smoke smog and fog? "

He is asking a question.
edit on 16-2-2012 by EyeDontKnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

alledged " chemtrails " = magic - its that simple , pretty much every skeptic has asked for a logical and scientific explaination for the chemistry , physics and physical properties of thes " chemtrail agents " - and chemtrail proponents are utterly incapable of a copherent answer

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I find any fog spooky. Not because there could be things in there, a-la The Mist. But there could be other stuff in there, like poison, and germs.

When it's foggy I'd rather not breathe it in, just in case. And I'm probably right. Look up the Great London Smog and see how many folk died from the combination of coal fires and bad weather. What else is in there nowadays?

As for chem/contrails, well they're up there dropping whatever down but it's invisible, just like car emissions, innit? Thousands of cars pass me every day spitting out whatever but I don't see clouds of fog. That'll be the same as what comes out of planes and mists or rains down on us. But IF there is a fog with it, then the stuff will hang in the air for longer. Stay indoors.

Anyway, chemtrails, are they real after all then?

OP, I think the scientific folk would use something like diluted, or dispersed to describe why you can't see airplane trails when they've fallen to the ground. Maybe even evaporated??
edit on 16-2-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Most likely neither of these examples below came from chemtrails but I would like to get a better idea of what you're looking for.

You mean like this ?

or like this weird fog?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I have a question for the aviation experts here.

To my understanding fuel, oxygen and air density/temperature are important components of the efficiency of combustion engines.

When the the air is cold it is more dense and when it is hot it is less dense.
At high altitudes there is less oxygen and at lower altitudes there is more oxygen.

What, if any, are the mechanisms in a Jet that help adjust the fuel/air ratio to achieve maximum efficiency? Is there anything similar to a choke on an automobile carburetor? What are the actual mechanics?

When a plane is at low altitudes the air is hotter and oxygen rich.
When a plane is at high altitudes the air is colder and oxygen deficient.

Do jets get their oxygen from the external air for use in combustion of the fuel?
Do jets have an internal supply of oxygen for use in combustion at higher altitudes?

AFAIK, jets get there oxygen from the outside air so how do they compensate for the lack of oxygen at higher altitudes?

edit on 16-2-2012 by MathiasAndrew because: add text

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit

I find any fog spooky. Not because there could be things in there, a-la The Mist. But there could be other stuff in there, like poison, and germs.

When I used to be sarcastic on here (not any more) I made a parody joke, that people should be afraid of "fog", because it usually comes rolling in off the coast...and that navy ships were pumping it in, over cities.
Now I see, it's not a joke anymore....that people will believe nearly anything they chose-to.
Fog has always been mysterious, and realistically very scary for coastal ship captains....fear of running aground or a ship collision.

When it's foggy I'd rather not breathe it in, just in case. And I'm probably right. Look up the Great London Smog and see how many folk died from the combination of coal fires and bad weather. What else is in there nowadays?

Fog is different from smog. Check the science.

As for chem/contrails, well they're up there dropping whatever down but it's invisible, just like car emissions, innit? Thousands of cars pass me every day spitting out whatever but I don't see clouds of fog. That'll be the same as what comes out of planes and mists or rains down on us. But IF there is a fog with it, then the stuff will hang in the air for longer. Stay indoors.

I know you are young, so I won't hold you to your initial thoughts....but if you want to be smarter than your mates, please, please study some science....any of it.
Try this...[url=http://]http://www.rcn27.dial.pipex.com/cloudsrus/mistnfog.html[/ur

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by EyeDontKnow

I'm not a mask-wearing paranoid. All I was saying is if it's foggy I'd rather shut the door on it.
Just a weird thing I have. OK? I don't need to look at science to tell me there's a fine line between fog and smog. There's pollutants everywhere. In fog it'll just hang there.
Take a chill pill, you sound sarcastic.

Originally posted by EyeDontKnow
I know you are young, so I won't hold you to your initial thoughts....but if you want to be smarter than your mates, please, please study some science....any of it.
Try this...[url=http://]http://www.rcn27.dial.pipex.com/cloudsrus/mistnfog.html[/ur

Tell me that's not deliberate cheek?

edit on 16-2-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
: this is what people do when they genuinely don't care for a subject and thus don't have an agenda --->

i'm leaving the thread.

have fun

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I apologize Wigit.
I was crass in part of my reply.
If you don't like fog, that's up to you.
i was trying to say that the reasons you expressed your fear, are rather unfounded.
That's all.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
which got me to thinking about how chemtrails are supposed to be poisoning us

Nice strawman but you don't know what they are supposed to be doing.

I thought they were part of a detection system for shooting down aliens and communist filth.

As a military project they would probably have a psyops component budgeted into the program - you know, people dispatched to muddy the waters and spread sillyness to detract from the true nature of the system.

*"poisoning us"... that's silly as heck.
edit on 16-2-2012 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I've tried to eliminate my sarcasm and crassness. Sometimes it comes through now and then.
I'd rather talk about the facts, and the evidence.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I tend to focus more on the Chemtrails that happen in groups and are all in a relatively small portion of the sky at the same time. So, if we see that and can clearly see that it doesn't match up with current explanations of "Persistent Contrails"

Then maybe we should consider looking at inventions that are owned by defense contractors. Like the one that's been linked a hundred times on this site. #5003186

Once the tiny particles have been dispersed into the atmosphere, the particles may remain in suspension for up to one year.

One year is a long time to stay suspended and dissipate. After a year in the upper atmosphere maybe they become benign, or maybe they don't, it's obviously something we don't fully understand.

Then, we might also want to consider why people like Bill Gates give guys like David Keith millions upon millions of dollars.

Then we might want to start paying attention to this large interest in Solar Radiation Management. SRMGI

....hey..... at least you didn't say Chemtrails don't exist in your OP

edit on 16-2-2012 by dplum517 because: added

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517

I tend to focus more on the Chemtrails that happen in groups and are all in a relatively small portion of the sky at the same time. So, if we see that and can clearly see that it doesn't match up with current explanations of "Persistent Contrails"

...but that does match-up with the explanation of persistent contrails.....jets enter a portion of the sky that is prone to persistent contrails ....and then they leave them (trails)
When they exit part of the sky that has not the proper conditions they don't (leave trails).

It's like when it's cold, and you walk on the sunny warm side of the street.....lightly warm until you need to cross the street..then the cold hits you suddenly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join