It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Issa Takes Step Toward Holding Holder In Contempt Of Congress

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Eric is really on the hot seat now for sure !!

He seems to be arrogantly ignoring a Congressional subpoena that expired last week

Is he willing to go to jail for Obama & Co, ?

On Tuesday Rep. Darrell Issa, chairman of the House committee on Oversight and Government Reform, took a major step toward holding Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress for his failure to provide subpoenaed documents and other information about Operation Fast and Furious.

In a Jan. 31 letter, Issa had threatened Holder with such a move if he failed to provide all the subpoenaed documents relating to the Fast and Furious gunwalking scandal by Feb. 9. That deadline has come and gone, and Holder’s Department of Justice still hasn’t provided most of those documents. Issa’s subpoena dates back to Oct. 12, 2011.

On Tuesday in a seven-page letter, Issa revealed that Deputy Attorney General James Cole begged Congress to extend the Feb. 9 deadline. Issa wrote that the request was “ironic” and “ignores the reality that the Department has unreasonably delayed producing these documents to the Committee.”

“On its face, the requested extension demonstrates a lack of good faith,” Issa wrote to Holder. “With one exception, the Department has only produced documents responsive to the subpoena on the eve of congressional hearings in which senior Department officials testified. The Department appears to be more concerned with protecting its image through spin control than actually cooperating with Congress.”

'I (Eric Holder), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and
defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies,
foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to
the same; that I take this obligation freely without any mental
reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully
discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So
help me God.'

What is this guy Hiding Anyway ??

Now what do I do ?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
'bout damned time.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Thought I'd bone up on the ramifications of Contempt of Congress. Went to Wikipedia and found this:

...Historically the bribery of a senator or representative was considered contempt of Congress. In modern times, contempt of Congress has generally applied to the refusal to comply with a subpoena issued by a Congressional committee or subcommittee...

Just thought I might note for the record that no one has been cited for bribery of a senator or representative lately....

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Will they quit slow walking this travesty?

I guess it's a start...He deserves way more than jail time for everything else, but jail is fine for contempt.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This surely needs to be investigated. My only fear is that this will turn out to be the new millennium "Iran Contra" that Reagan and his administration should have been jailed for...but never held accountable.

It's funny how everything comes full circle.

edit on 15-2-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I'd say "good, it's about time someone in gov't actually gets what is deserved," but who honestly thinks anything at all will come of this? Every week gov't officials get away with things that would have been punishable by death during the time of the founders of this country.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It sure seems most of the Presidents have had their daliances... but Holder is not a President and he has come across throughout his tenure as arrogant and upped the ante to totally stupid when he attempted to play the race card... next he is gonna say, 'but Clinton got away with a blowjob'...
This slow playing the Fast and Furious debacle and its yet to be determined impact in loss of life, and who knows what other illegal operations I fear is telling of the outcome...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

It's possible a -deep throat- will appear and reveal the truth.

Truth : Eric Holder has blood on his hands.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnivea
I'd say "good, it's about time someone in gov't actually gets what is deserved," but who honestly thinks anything at all will come of this? Every week gov't officials get away with things that would have been punishable by death during the time of the founders of this country.

I hear you. I think the most we'll see happen is Eric Holder's resignation.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

When Holder resigns Obama will have to head out to the golf course and let Hillary

run for the DNC. The Holder scandal happened on Obamas watch.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Can't you just imagine the uproar if Eric Holder was asked to resign and then Congress held Obama liable for his involvement by trying to impeach him or not allowing him to run again? It would probably turn into the biggest "racist" scandal in history. Not gonna happen.

I don't trust other Americans enough to take Obama's involvement (or the means/extent in which he's tried to cover it up) into consideration before the next election either.

I'd love to see the DNC approach Obama about being a huge risk to the party and bowing out for the next election, but that's highly doubtful too!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Can't you just imagine the uproar if Eric Holder was asked to resign and then Congress held Obama liable for his involvement by trying to impeach him or not allowing him to run again? It would probably turn into the biggest "racist" scandal in history. Not gonna happen.

I don't trust other Americans enough to take Obama's involvement (or the means/extent in which he's tried to cover it up) into consideration before the next election either.

I'd love to see the DNC approach Obama about being a huge risk to the party and bowing out for the next election, but that's highly doubtful too!

Polling data will dictate the course of the DNC.

Holder resigns......Obama approval rating 45%....39%......36%....29%.....grab the golf

clubs. Time to go. Bye.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I have been following this very closely in all the media... as I am a pro gun and pro constitution and I live in Arizona.

I have dozens of links saved in my favorties with articles from CBS, NBC and dozens of other sources, left, right and middle of the road who have reviewed the info released to date and collectively it stinks...
It is without doubt, given all the information to date that Holder was in this cesspool up to his neck
Furthermore, unsupported snippets surface recently purporting to have documented information that purporting President Obama and Holder conferred early in 2011, posibly in 2010 regarding the deadly deabacle "Fast and Furious."
The most damning information has been the officers themselves, some who are talking in public and then those who will only talk in private as a gag order was issued across the board they say, so they all fear retribution if they come forward.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon
I have been following this very closely in all the media... as I am a pro gun and pro constitution and I live in Arizona.

I have dozens of links saved in my favorties with articles from CBS, NBC and dozens of other sources, left, right and middle of the road who have reviewed the info released to date and collectively it stinks...
It is without doubt, given all the information to date that Holder was in this cesspool up to his neck
Furthermore, unsupported snippets surface recently purporting to have documented information that purporting President Obama and Holder conferred early in 2011, posibly in 2010 regarding the deadly deabacle "Fast and Furious."
The most damning information has been the officers themselves, some who are talking in public and then those who will only talk in private as a gag order was issued across the board they say, so they all fear retribution if they come forward.

Yes! The state of Arizona has their own Fast & Furious investigation taking place.

It will be harder to keep a lid on this scandal. Eric Holder is doomed.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yes Eurisko... I am proud of our "Gov" and Arizona for taking this criminal activity to task.

Washington, as always was preparing to sweep it under the rug.

More scary than that.. there are claims by officers that this program was intended to support additional gun control activity...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon
Yes Eurisko... I am proud of our "Gov" and Arizona for taking this criminal activity to task.

Washington, as always was preparing to sweep it under the rug.

More scary than that.. there are claims by officers that this program was intended to support additional gun control activity...

That was the strategy from Day 1.

Smear the gun dealers. Then attack the 2nd amendment.

It all went wrong. Now Eric Holder and Obama have blood on their hands.

We just have to prove it in a court of law.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Well the damnation of Holder maybe if a member of another agency testifies about their agencies involvement.

One approach may be to start pushing other federal agencies; in more news, a federal agent is now saying that the Homeland Security Department knew more about Fast and Furious than has been disclosed — to the extent of even blocking some gun transfers from ATF to the bad guys Read more: www.nypost.com...

Granted this is a opinion piece it does lay out the mess in a very interesting way. In yesterdays NY post they had a piece about a man who could be named Holders replacement and I found it odd to see something like that... Is Obama ready to drop Holder? Would Holder fall on his sword or would he sell out Obama?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
Well the damnation of Holder maybe if a member of another agency testifies about their agencies involvement.

One approach may be to start pushing other federal agencies; in more news, a federal agent is now saying that the Homeland Security Department knew more about Fast and Furious than has been disclosed — to the extent of even blocking some gun transfers from ATF to the bad guys Read more: www.nypost.com...

Granted this is a opinion piece it does lay out the mess in a very interesting way. In yesterdays NY post they had a piece about a man who could be named Holders replacement and I found it odd to see something like that... Is Obama ready to drop Holder? Would Holder fall on his sword or would he sell out Obama?

We need to demand a special prosecutor to find the truth.

That would probably give us Holders resignation sooner.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I've been saying this since fast and furious began: he needs to be hung for treason.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This Eric Holder and Fast and Furious debacle appears to have conveniently slipped from the headlines and national news.

This violation of the law cannot be let to die and heads must roll, figureatively speaking.

Had this have been the work of law enforcement and legal authorities in the State of Arizona, rather than the State of Deceit and Confusion, i.e. Washington then the US AG would have already sent their thugs and lopped off the heads of the supposed violators in Arizona...

President Obama and his administration are pulling every string to make this disappear from history.

Tell all your friends, spread this on the internet, DO NOT let them get away with this atrocity.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join