It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People giving their infants coffee to drink

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator
I thought babycinos were just foamed milk?

Good to see that one person responding either took time to investigate the subject or had first hand knowledge prior to responding

Babycino , babycino meaning , definition of babycino , what is babycino - Part of speech : noun (plural babycinos) .
Definition : a drink of hot milk that has been frothed up with pressurized steam, intended for children: .View definition and meaning of babycino

Can also be found here

babycino

along with many other sources.

So parents are not giving their infants coffee to drink

with the exception of those parents who order the decaf cappuccino versions for their little ones (I found very few references regarding this exception)

Most notably the parents are not giving their infants and toddlers caffeine.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre

Originally posted by TheCommentator
I thought babycinos were just foamed milk?

Good to see that one person responding either took time to investigate the subject or had first hand knowledge prior to responding

Babycino , babycino meaning , definition of babycino , what is babycino - Part of speech : noun (plural babycinos) .
Definition : a drink of hot milk that has been frothed up with pressurized steam, intended for children: .View definition and meaning of babycino

Can also be found here

babycino

along with many other sources.

So parents are not giving their infants coffee to drink

with the exception of those parents who order the decaf cappuccino versions for their little ones (I found very few references regarding this exception)

Most notably the parents are not giving their infants and toddlers caffeine.
Yeah I remember having one when I was younger.. They have been around for ages.
But it wouldn’t surprise me if coffee stores have started adding caffeine to them because it would make the kids want them more due to the addictiveness.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I love my coffee and I don't mind my kids having a cup. What bugs the hell outta me are all these energy drinks, like the Monster and such. Had an argument with my kids this past weekend about the monster hype. Now that is crap. BS, imo.

*And, no, I don't agree giving an infant coffee.*
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
* Double Post *
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Reply to post by iamdavid

Using your logic, there would be benefits in giving children crack.

Use your heads for once, folks. People who give their kids coffee aren't too bright to begin with!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
If a parent wants to give their kid coffee that is their decision. I wouldn't give it to my kids but I don't think many others would either. People are allowed to do what they want or at least should be.

That all being said I think the parents doing this are pretty stupid. I am sure the parents have their reasons. Maybe it has something to do with getting the kid on a specific sleep schedule. I dunno, I don't endorse it but I don't see any reason to make the parents stop doing it if they find some benefit from it, whatever that benefit may be.

What I am saying is... is it just possible this is being taken out of context? Worry about your own kids, trust me, they are not angels.

I am so tired of people trying to raise other peoples children. That is just sick and demented if you ask me. If people spent more time worrying about their own kids and not trying to control other peoples we would be in a better spot. Just my opinion though, I am sure the flamers are on their way...

edit on 15-2-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

We are talking about something like 6-12mg of caffeine... Why you think that's like hardcore drugs is beyond me! Children who eat fruit from the trees late in the summer will also get small amounts of alcohol...is that like giving them vodka?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Trouble in Little Chi

While I can see the bad side of having infants drinking coffee full of nothing but sugar, I have to say that coming from a coffee producing country I remember drinking coffee several times a day with the entire family every day since I was a child.

Our coffee was freshly dry and roasted, then ground and my mother would brew the delicious dark drink to perfection in an old fashion sock, then mixed with fresh raw milk and molasses.

Now, I am fifty and I still grind and brew my coffee the old fashion way and coffee has no done anything harmful to my health until this day.

But in todays times with so much preservatives, sugars and additives in most small children diets I see how this can be dangerous for any child health.

I personally never feed my children coffee at a young age, but they are coffee drinkers now just like I am.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
As long as it's a - double shot lactate latte with colostrum ( age dependant ) decaf, cooled with no sugar.

No problem. They could be doing "Mocktails" with a teat instead ...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I'm sure I'm not the only British person over the age of 25 who was given milky, sweet tea from toddlerhood, but I didn't switch to preferring coffee till my teens. Tbh given the option of milk, water, crappy pop or fruit juice I think a nice milky cup of refreshing tea wasn't a bad decision. If anything milky tea masks the taste of those hideous tasting vitamin drops better than milk does.

Anyway since we've established these baby drinks are just frothy milk I can't see the problem with it. I just wonder if they are being charged the same extortionate prices that they do the coffee in these places.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Interesting article though I'm not sure how to feel about it. On one side, it's kind of cute that your kids can get a special 'coffee' for themselves and anyone with kids would know how special that would be to them. On the other side it feels strange, like kids are being conditioned to coffee shops, like their parents to ensure they'll become paying customers one day. I don't see any harm in it considering it's just steamed milk but I don't think decaf cappuccino is necessary for children and would honestly think they wouldn't enjoy the taste anyways. It does seem a little ridiculous, definitely thought so before I read the article but it isn't real caffeinated coffee. I'm only a little concerned about the obvious 'targeting' of children to have their own coffees but oh well. Doesn't affect me anyways, I don't go to coffee shops, found it interesting though so thanks.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
yeah, people are retarded and dont even realize caffine is an addictive drug. and they are giving their kids shots of it. i bet they also give their infants soda and have them watch tv for 6 hrs a day.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
My mom used to make me coffee when I was around 6 years old. She called it her specialty and it was mostly milk and sugar with enough coffee to warm it up. I loved it then, and still once and a while make myself a cup like that.

But a 6 year old is a lot different from a 2 month to 2 year old. I would never give a child that small coffee. It just can't be good for them, and it would drive me nuts to have a hyper 2 month old...lol

Ah, I c it was just milk, good deal! and makes the child feel like they are a part of the grown-up world

edit on 16-2-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join